Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 348 reviews
on March 5, 2012
I am moving to a different country for the next couple of years so I thought this would be perfect to have since one never knows what will happen. I decided to test it out and followed the only instruction it came with: to pull the tab. Despite following this one line, there was no result. So although I may of gotten a defective one, I would of also appreciated either better packaging or at least more information on how it works. Also, pulling the tab is confusing because then that it meant it could only be used once. I read the other reviews, which are positive, so I am perplexed as to how I could of used it more than once.

EDIT***

I have increased my rating due to the following reasons:

1. The president of Vigilant was kind enough to personally message me. I definitely appreciated it and I was able to learn how to use it accurately. I did not realize the mentioned pin was not the tab on the back but the key chain itself. It is cleverly hidden and after testing it, very easy to use in a flash.

2. He took what I said into consideration about including a little more information.

3. It is very loud!

Thank you for taking the time to actually read and respond. It reflects well on the company and sets a standard for others to follow. I do not regret purchasing this product.
44 comments| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
This is very loud. I have a harassing phone caller who has called more than 15 times in this last month. I've asked nicely to stop calling me and yelled at him to stop calling me., Continued to call.

I pulled the lever out of the personal alarm and just let it blast into the phone. He has not called back.
55 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2016
Although I like the idea of this little gadget, I find it gets in the way when I have it on my purse. Three times it became dislodged causing me great embarrassment. It fell off as I was exiting my car (I was in a tight spot and had to squeeze out of the door). It fell under the car next to me and I had to get on my hands and knees to retrieve it. All the while it was emitting that ear-piercing sound but did anyone come to see if I was in danger? NO!
Then it came off while I was waiting for the subway car. Again, that ear-splitting sound. I was able to pick it up and put it back together. I've decided to just put it away for a while.
on January 10, 2012
My daughter was heading off on a college co-op to Ohio and I wanted her to have an additional personal protection device. She has pepper spray but, as a dad, I was still concerned. Bought this Vigilant Personal Alarm and wondered if it would really be loud. It is! It's a "grenade" style device whereby you pull the pin to activate it. The pin requires a fairly firm tug, which helps reduce the chance of accidentally triggering it. If you choose to test it indoors--which you probably will--be ready to plug the pin back in quickly because it is that loud. The idea is that once you've pulled it off your key chain, it will continue to sound and an attacker won't be able to turn it off. $15 and free shipping, you can't go wrong. It's about the size of car entry fob. Oh, and it has a built in LED light.
on January 24, 2017
This is the loudest of the pocket alarms I recently purchased, but it arrived inoperative. I had to open it up and resolder a broken (poor) solder joint. (see lose wire in photo). It's a good little unit, if you're willing to take it apart, resolder some sub-par Chinese solder joints and hot glue down some of the lose,shotty components. ;)
review image
on April 7, 2015
The alarm itself is great and pretty loud. The light on it is pretty good too. The pin sometimes can come out too easily, which can make for interesting moments depending on the situation in which it comes out :D. I really like this item [from the same seller] much better, but it doesn't have a light. Don't be afraid to deal with this seller. They are great! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FX2PFFK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=NCFV617BYJ2K&coliid=I287VNUB25P5YQ&psc=1
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
small item, very loud. I bike from home to school, there are some dogs so very ideal to scare them if they are approaching. it makes very annoying loud sound. Caution, if you attach it on your keychain, do not put it in your pocket. I dropped mine when I was leaving the checkout area in a walmart and dropped this, it made the noise, eyes were on me. After this I separated this from my other keys.
on March 6, 2017
I bought this alarm for my mom and she loves it. We tried it in the house bad idea it is loud. But now when she is walking alone ahe has extra protection
on April 10, 2017
I love this product. My friend bought one for me as a gift and I , in turn, bought two more. One to keep in another place in the home, and one for an elderly neighbor who lives alone.
on August 2, 2016
I bought this for traveling in a third-world country as a form of security. Unfortunately, the pin that triggers the alarm comes out surprisingly easy and went off accidentally two separate times before I just threw this away. The worst part is that the pin is really difficult to put back in (therefore difficult to turn off the alarm), and even more challenging when you are being bombarded by an intensely loud noise. I'm sure this would scare someone off, but the fact that it is so easily triggered accidentally makes it not the right choice for me.