Vilano 2 in 1 Balance Bike Kids Pedal Bicycle, Blue
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2 in 1 - Balance Bike & Pedal Bike (convert between the 2)
- Children gain coordination and develop confidence in balance mode
- Simply add pedals and it converts to a 12" pedal bike
- Adjustable seat height and handlebar for best fit
- Recommended for ages 3+ - Handlebar pad, Bell and Training Wheels Included!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Learning to ride a bike is a big step in a child's life, and this balance bike can make the process much easier for your child. Most children learn to balance without assistance, and by taking pedalling out of the picture your child can concentrate on.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great design, exactly what I was looking for after doing a balance bike (Skuut) plus 12" pedal bike plus 16" bike for the older child. This will bridge the gap much better than the expensive 12" bike did.
Removable drivetrain (but painted together so I had to beat on it with a mallet)
Front brake with adjustable reach (but made from stamped steel with no fine adjustment on the pads... so I just bent the caliper to fit and then trued the front wheel)
Highly adjustable seat with low standover but tall adjustment- this bike *should* fit kids 3 to nearly 6.
I happen to be a home bike mechanic so making it work wasn't a big deal but there were incomplete instructions and I could see how especially the front brake would be a nightmare for the less mechanically inclined (you could just take it off- it has a coaster brake on the rear and a balance bike doesn't really need a brake).
So- if yours doesn't come with instructions for converting to balance bike:
1. Install pedals (they both tighten forward, use a bit of grease on the threads to be proper)
2. Remove 8mm shaft bolt from bottom of seat tube
3. Loosen both 17mm nuts securing rear wheel and back-up phillips-head screw on non-drive side and slide wheel forward and off chain (no need to fully remove
4. Pop off chain guard and chain from rear cog
5. Reattach rear wheel with 17mm and use training-wheel bracket notches to secure mounting (or mount the training wheels)
6. With bike on wheels (front installed) use rubber mallet on pedals or bottom bracket shell to dislodge drivetrain shaft from seat tube (it might be frozen in place with paint- mine took serious effort to remove)
7. Re-install shaft bolt in drivetrain shaft (to prevent loss)
8. Store away from moisture- I have zero doubt that this thing will rust like crazy
4mm Hex (brake lever)
5mm Hex (drivetrain bolt)
6mm Hex (seatpost)
10mm wrench (brake caliper)
12mm wrench (headset and handlebar)
15mm wrench (pedals, wheels)
17mm wrench (rear wheel inner nut)
Phillips Screw driver (#2)
#2 Spoke wrench
My husband did have a difficult time putting it together, I think I heard him curse a few times under his breath :) - he said the instructions are worthless, but there's really good instructions on one of the reviews here and also the maker's website has videos. All in all, it's worth it and definitely recommend it - my favorite part is that we can add the pedals later and save from buying another bike once he's learned to balance - plus, he'll be used to the bike already, so he'll be more focused on the pedaling - we hope! Not sure why it has training wheels because the whole purpose is to learn to balance first, then the pedals and brakes. I gave it 4 stars because of the sharp edges and the assembling - if you are not mechanical and don't have a tools, find a friend who can put it together for you.
But my daughter absolutely loves her new bike and you can't really take away from that kind of joy. It could be broken for all she cared 😊
Most recent customer reviews
Otherwise, a great deal!