Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $16.02 shipping
NEW! VillaWare NDVLEM1000 15 Bar Pressure Home Espresso/Cappuchino Maker
|Price:||$89.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Distinctive Stainless Steel design with shale accents
- Large Ergonomic Dial control
- 15 bar pressure pump
- Thermal block heating system for quick heat up
- Easy fill, removable water reservoir
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In my younger days I owned a coffee house. I know espresso and speak from experience. This makes a really nice cup of espresso... as good as any machine I've ever used.
* Evidently a quality boiler rather than cheap steamer unit.
* Terrific espresso. Incredible espresso. Great espresso.
* Good control mechanisms. Easy to use.
* Doesn't hurt to leave it on. It won't stay red-hot like cheaper machines (ie Mr. Coffee).
* Produces terrific crema... a serious 1/8 to 1/4 inch of it.
* Has an auto-shutoff function when a cup fills to "Cafe Americano" level (ie, diluted espresso-- about 8 ounces, ie, American cuppa Joe)
* Single or double-shot is properly strong without being bitter or burned. It's "just right".
* Has a large water reservoir and is pump-driven. You can make several cups in a row, two at a time.
* Comes with single- and double-shot filters and a tamper.
So that's why the four stars.
* Noisiest espresso machine I have ever heard, which is probably why this sells for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of other quality machines. It's not just "espresso" noisy... it's "rattles inside" noisy... wakes up the kids noisy... too noisy for an apartment noisy. This thing is REALLY noisy. I've purchased two of these machines-- and both were equally noisy. So apparently it's a design flaw-- most likely a cheap, noisy pump as opposed to a quality one.Read more ›
But damn, that's a NICE cup of espresso...
The top never gets warm. Also the pump is noisy and vibrates the system a lot.
But it works fine.
-Good 15 bar pump, a bit loud compared to other machines maybe, but an electric coffee grinder is louder (or at least my burr grinder is).
-Automatic pre-infusion. I did not expect this, nor was this listed anywhere as a feature. But sure enough when I ran the machine it did a 2-3 second pre-infusion. Sometimes a drop or two of coffee will come out from this, but often none as it seems to just squirt a little water into the portafilter.
-Makes great espresso if you get the grind and tamp perfect and pretty good espresso overall. Nice 1/4 inch plus crema of very fine microbubbles, no "fake" crema that a pressurized portafilter creates.
-Cools down pretty quickly. Within a minute the portafilter is cool enough to dump out. Last machine I used (Krupps) needed a 20 min cooldown between shots, and the portafilter remained too hot to touch for 5+ minutes after pulling a shot.
-This machine comes with a non-pressurized portafilter (a pro or a con depending on your preference). You need to get your grind and tamp right. A good conical burr grinder is a must. Pressurized portafilters produce a fake crema, but if you get the grind and tamp right with this machine you'll still see a 1/4 inch crema even once the espresso has settled. You can probably find an aftermarket pressurized portafilter that will fit this machine though.
-I've made about 30 double shots of espresso so far with this machine, and thus far it has performed perfectly.
-The "Warming Tray" on top doesn't get very warm, maybe 80F or so. More of a novelty than anything. Not enough to warm up a cup to any degree while the machine is on.Read more ›
After unboxing, I faithfully followed the priming instructions provided in the booklet to no avail, and even tried some of the priming suggestions posted here, also without success. Just as I was about to give up and send it back, I made a pleasant discovery.
Do as the booklet says -- turn on, hit the froth button, let the light go solid, turn the knob to froth and let the machine make its thumping sound...
But forget about the suggested 30 seconds! Just leave it running and go about your business. After a good four to five minutes (maybe even longer) mine finally came to life and slowly started spewing steam.
It was fine after that.
I'm giving it two stars, just for the misleading instructions and the first hour's frustration and grief. I'll let you know how the espresso turns out.
Hope this saves someone the trouble of repacking and returning the item to the seller.
EDIT: Just had my "grand opening" espresso on this el cheapo machine, and I must say, it definitely pulls a good double and rivals my old expensive machine that died last week after six years of loyal service.
(Though, I'm not adding any stars due to the whole initial priming fiasco. Maybe I'll cool down in a few days and bump up my review by a star. But first, I'll need to reverse my caffeine withdrawal symptoms...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought three of these. One for the office, one for my bench in the Lab, and one for the break-room. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Dennis A. Buckmeir
Have it for 2 years, never broke down. It makes really good espresso.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this espresso maker. It makes the foamiest espresso without ever even using milk. In fact, I've never frothed milk with it because the espresso itself comes out with an... Read morePublished 5 months ago by melzgroovin
I have had this machine almost two years. It runs loud and sounds like it will break down any minute but it has been like this since day one and is still running strong. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Claudia Denker
Worked for a week and then started blowing water out the bottom, thank god for Amazon returns. The espresso it made was outstanding though, before it crapped out.Published 12 months ago by Draxix Entreri
this is a great machine i love it and would recommend to anyone and everyone it is a little loud i didn't notice till i read another review though i must say really no big deal for... Read morePublished 14 months ago by elsavitor
After 6 months I doesn't work anymore. The water comes out of the steam wand instead of the grouphead! Read morePublished 15 months ago by Mohamed Ben Slama
Very good quality , low noise, very good quality of coffee. ThanksPublished 16 months ago by mikhail rozenblyum