Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon October 13, 2015
I open more bottles of wine than I would care to admit. Corks can be a problem. The best bottle of wine can have a cork that just won't cooperate and you end up with cork in your wine when the cork splits as you're trying to pull it. Better corkscrews do work better. I've had the rabbit type, but I find the best tool is the one you have with you and they're so big they don't fit in the drawer I'd like to keep them in, so they don't get used. I have other corkscrews that work well, but no matter how great the corkscrew, you still have that tricky cork every once in a while. And, let's face it, it takes a bit of effort to get the corkscrew to actually screw straight down into the cork.

I like this cork remover because it's compact. It's easy to use. And it eliminates any problems associated with an uncooperative cork. Simply push the needle down through the cork. The only problem I could foresee is the needle somehow got bent. Once it's through the cork, just pump a few times and the cork pops out like a champagne cork. Then, you push the cork off of the needle. It couldn't be simpler.

I considered these for quite a while and hesitated because the prices were higher. I got this on Amazon Prime for a price I just couldn't pass up. I'm glad I finally got one.
34 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2017
I was skeptical at first, but this product works exactly as promised. It's so cool to insert the needle, give it a few pumps and watch the cork practically POP out. It's also so much more affordable than some other brands and I have found no fault in it so far. Gone are the days of corkscrews and broken corks.
17 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2017
This is an easy to use cork remover that pushes the cork up from below the cork with compressed air instead of pulling the cork up as most cork removers do. This feature is very useful especially for older wine bottles with a cork that can break apart with a old fashioned cork remover.
I was surprised how easy it is to insert the needle through the cork and pump air in the bottle below the cork. In seconds the cork is out with only a few pumps of air.
21 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2017
All we hoped for.
on March 7, 2017
works good
on March 27, 2017
Great product as expected, delivery time was accurate.
Top Contributor: Campingon January 17, 2015
Was in the market for a new wine bottle opener since my old one broke. I stumbled upon the Vinara here on Amazon. I read the reviews and saw some videos to see it in action. It works as advertised. Line up needle in middle of cork. Push down all the way. Start pumping and cork should start popping out. Make sure you dont hold on to the plastic part of the Vinara that goes around the outside of the bottle too tight, as this has to move upwards as the cork starts moving out. I have used it on one bottle so far and it worked great. Longevity remains to be seen and will probably update this review if needed. Happy with this purchase so far.

***Update 2/7/15***

I had one bottle that the Vinara could not push the cork out completely no matter how many pumps I made. It could have been the cork itself or what it was made of? Or maybe a leak developed and there was not enough pressure within the bottle built up? I tried it on another bottle after that and worked like it supposed to. So 2 out of 3 bottles it's worked great.
17 people found this helpful
on March 30, 2017
Fun tool and works great.
11 people found this helpful
on August 6, 2014
This is my favorite wine opener and with a cool factor. I was lucky enough to get in early and bought 4 at $5 each. Price has gone up since.
First, let me say that I tried many different types of openers, and my favorites are the Vinara, hinged cork screw, an ah-so, in that order. I will rate all of them from last to first.

3rd place: Ah- so is great and my go to for the higher end wines. Last thing I need is broken cork on old expensive wines. The thinner the tines the better. You can use it to save broken corks in the bottle most if the time. You generally get a clean cork for keepsake too. Although this has a great cool factor, problem is it takes longer to uncork a bottle, especially for a novice user. Also, care needs to be taken as there is a lot of pressure on the neck of the bottle which can shatter in your hands. It can be difficult if you do not know what you are doing.

2nd Place: Tried and true corkscrew is the no nonsense opener. Inexpensive, quick, easy and reliable. Unfortunately no cool factor. Problem on these are the screw, which can be difficult to center and easily bent, which mean it becomes useless. At the price, throw it away and get a new one. It can also tear up a cork which can be a problem if you wish to keep it.

1st place: Vinara is easy, quick, effective. It feels well built and not cheap feeling despite the plastic. Insertion is easy, couple of pumps and pop, uncorked bottle. Cork is easily removed and results in a clean cork, with only a pin hole, every time (for those that like to keep the corks). Oh, and a super cool factor. My rating is 4.5 stars, so why not 5 stars? There are some corks that it does not work well on, but it is not a certain type of cork. I think it is how the bottle is pressurized. I am guessing that any air leak or air pockets left in the bottle can require more pumps, but it will uncork eventually. I never had one that did not come out. Some synthetic cork take 3 pumps some take 8. Most natural corks work fine. A couple of times some wine leaked out of the sides, but this is rare. Another negative for purists is it sounds like opening Champagne every time.

However with all that said this is my go to wine opener by far. The only time I use the hinged cork screw is to cut the foil.
10 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2017
Works like a charm. Pump it 4-5 times and the cork pops out easily.