Customer Reviews: Vinara Wine Bottle Stopper Saver Vacuum Pump Sealer for Air Tight Wine Storage
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

Removing air from an unfished bottle of wine is prudent otherwise the wine will oxidize more quickly thus destroying the taste of the wine.

The Vinara Wine Bottle Stopper is a clever little bottle stopper that also has a built-in pump to remove some of the air from the botttle. After inserting into the bottle firmly, the pump will evacuate most of the remaining air... but you'll have to do a lot of pumping to get rid of that air. 40 pumps or so to remove the air from a 3/4 full bottle and 60 pumps or more to remove air from a half-filled ( or is it half-empty?) bottle. That's a lot of pumping and will leave too much time for your guests to start dispensing off-color jokes about what you're doing to that bottle of wine.

There are more efficient ways of removing air from the bottle... the Vac-u-vin comes to mind. Vacu Vin 0981450 Wine Saver Vacuum Wine Pump with 2 Stoppers. I also worry about the longevity of this since the pump shaft is plastic and seems like it could snap quite easily if tilted too far from vertical.

I was provided a sample for review.
on December 18, 2013
Vinara does it again! We own the Vinara wine aerator decanter and when we saw e-Selling had more Vinara products we decided to purchases this wine stopper. This wine stopper is amazing! Not only is it a wine stopper but it also has a built in vacuum pump to help preserve the wine for a extra 7-10 days. This item is a MUST for every wine drinker!
I've seen several products that will seal a partially full bottle of wine. Some of these work well and are inexpensive, but they all allow air in the bottle to gradually oxidize the wine. The Vinara vacuum pump stopper is the only product that I've used that both seals the bottle and removes most of the air that's already in the bottle. I tested the stopper with a half-empty bottle, and it was very effective. Creating a partial vacuum not only removes most of the air in the bottle, it creates a very tight seal that prevents air from bleeding back into the bottle. The stopper takes a little effort to use, but if the partially full bottle is going to stay on the shelf for a while, it's worth the effort to keep the wine fresh.

A product sample was provided for review purposes.
on January 13, 2015
These are the best vacuum wine bottle stoppers for the money. The rubber portion goes up further than other designs, allowing you to pull it off easier. There is a metal portion just above that which adds strength. This is where other vacuum stoppers have cracked. We recently both a third stopper after using two others for a year or so. Very happy with this purchase and highly recommend them.
This is not my only vacuum solution for keeping my red wines fresh: I also own a Rabbit Metallic Red Electric Wine Preserver. While comparing my review sample of this stopper to that device is apples to oranges, I will say that this is easily as effective as the more expensive solution.

What I love about this is it's small, fits every bottle I have tested it with from 375ml to 1.5 liters, and does positively seal the bottles. Plus, it works perfectly as a stopper even if you do not use the pump feature.

The pull rod on mine has some play, but does not affect the operation. And as others have stated, you do have to do a lot of pumping. On the other hand, while you have to perform a lot of strokes, it's still quick and I did a side-by-side with the battery-operated pump I mentioned above and - believe it or not - the elapsed time is almost the same. Of course, the effort is a but more, but not by much there either.

Since this is a little labor intensive and time is money, I would recommend this as a home solution more than for a restaurant or bar (although it is still suitable for those uses too.) I mention this to set expectations because there is no true downside to this pump. If you drink red wines and it takes a day or so to go through a bottle you would do well to grab one (or a few) of these. Although I received mine as a review sample I am planning to purchase a few more and retire the rabbit.
on August 1, 2014
I works well, only there is not any indicator that you should stop pumping. First time i used it i couldn't remove it from the bottle. I guess i pumped to much or pushed it down to far into the neck of the bottle. It works as intended however.
on June 3, 2014
Great concept. Removes all the air from the bottle so that you can keep the wine longer if you don't finish the entire bottle. The product is well built. I've had for 3 months now and used it to recork about 10 bottles. No issues. Looks brand new like day 1. The only reason for a 4 star is that it takes too many pumps to get a good seal. Takes about 120 pumps for a half bottle and more if you have less than a half bottle. The saving grace is that it is quick. Takes about 30 seconds to pump 120 times. The great thing is that after 120 pumps, then I can keep the open bottle for another month or more if I want to. Good product overall. Does exactly what is was intended--to extend the life of an opened bottle of wine.
on December 11, 2014
It works!
It fits in the bottle and definitely keeps my wine fresher and longer lasting.
Only pitfall....The stopper sticks up a lot, even when it's pushed into the bottle. It adds almost an extra 2" to the top of the bottle, which can make it odd to fit into the fridge. I don't use this stopper for anything besides a typical wine bottle but I imagine that there wouldn't be much excess on top if the bottle was bigger and fit lower into the bottle.
Otherwise, this was a great purchase!
on July 27, 2015
Item arrived on time as promised and in good/new condition. Its very light weight and basic. Haven used other wine stoppers, I would rate this one a 6 on a 10 point scale. It requires a lot of pumps in order to preserve any left over wine. My only negative comment is that as you pump the device the pressure sensation is very light making it difficult to know if you have pumped out enough air from the bottle.
on May 24, 2015
This works great and is very simple. I no longer have to drink the whole bottle in a couple of days. Wine easily last 2 weeks now. Just takes an extra minute to pump the handle. I usually pump 100 times which takes about 40 seconds.