Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.01 shipping
da Vinci Watercolor Series 35 Size 1 - Long Tapered Round - Maestro Kolinsky Red Sable - Extra Long Taper at The tip - Handmade in Germany
|List Price:||$27.60 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$4.60 (17%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Da Vinci Brushes|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Series 35 has an extra long taper at the tip that is great for fast, loose watercolor painting and is a favorite amongst illustrators, cartoonists and animators
- The maestro designation denotes the highest quality winter male kolinsky red sable hair from the tobol river region in eastern siberia
- Excellent for watercolors, gouache, illustration, animation and rendering
- Brushes are handmade from raw material to finished brush by skilled artisans at the da Vinci factory
- Certified green manufacturing at the da vinci factory in germany
Frequently bought together
Compare with other paint brushes
This Itemda Vinci Watercolor Series 35 Size 1 - Long Tapered Round - Maestro Kolinsky Red Sable - Extra Long Taper at The tip - Handmade in Germany
|brand||da Vinci Brushes||da Vinci Brushes||da Vinci Brushes||da Vinci Brushes||da Vinci Brushes||Escoda|
|size||Size 1||9||Size 1||Size 6||Size 2||Size 10|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The da Vinci Maestro is ideal for watercolors, gouache, illustration, animation, and rendering.
da Vinci Watercolor Brushes
The ancient Egyptians used a carefully thought out system to irrigate the fertile soil of the Nile valley during long dry periods, using interconnected cisterns to ensure water levels stayed consistent.
da Vinci watercolor brushes use a similar model to uniformly deliver paint to paper, creating thousands of tiny hollow spaces between the hairs that act as cisterns while also making use of capillaries that allow liquid to flow vertically along the brush hairs.
Made from the noblest and most precious brush hair, da Vinci watercolor brushes offer a fine holding capacity, a lively elasticity in the bristles, and excellent shape retention when new paint is absorbed.
da Vinci Maestro Watercolor Brushes
Made from natural Kolinsky red sable hair
Using hair from select male Kolinsky red sable tails, da Vinci Maestro watercolor brushes hold a perfect point, possess plenty of elasticity, have a high capacity for holding color, and feature an expertly shaped tip with snap.
Thanks to the cold winters of Siberia, Kolinsky red sable hair grows long and strong, characteristics that lend it springiness and shape retention as well as an enormous ability to absorb color — a must for fluid watercolor painting.
- Series 35 with Round Long Taper brush
- Available in sizes 3/0 to 24
- Great for fast, loose watercolor painting; a favorite amongst illustrators, cartoonists and animators
- Non-roll "esagonal handle" won't impede turning and prevents hand fatigue during painting
- Handle made with sustainable wood from German forestry
- Seamless rust-resistant, long-lasting ferrules made of nickel- or gold-plated brass
Inhabiting the Tobol River region in Eastern Siberia, the Kolinsky red sable is known for its extraordinarily beautiful, bushy tail, which produces a very strong, straight, fine tip.
Hand-crafted from raw material to finished brush by skilled artisans at the da Vinci factory in Germany, all da Vinci brushes are tested individually to ensure the finest tips and reliable performance. (Series 5530 CosmoTop brush hair shown above.)
Select Series paintbrushes feature da Vinci's patented 'esagonal handle', which includes six imperceptible flattenings at the thickest part of the handle to prevent rolling and limit hand fatigue.