Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on August 7, 2013
Jose Canseco's followup book to Juiced is basically a rehash of the original book with a couple of more players named to be PED users.
I'll save you the trouble of reading the book and name the players - Magglio Ordenez and Alex (A-Rod) Rodriguez.
Canseco, it seems, doesn't like A-rod because he hit on his wife and Ordenez because he didn't support him when his first book came out.
There's a lot of self-serving blather that leaves Canseco appearing like a narcissist.
On the other hand, you can't blame Canseco for rubbing it in. He was vilified and treated shamefully in the press when Juiced first hit the stands.
All-in-all, Juiced is the better book. If you've read it, there's really no need to read this.
on October 8, 2009
Jose Conseco might have even preferred that title. He doesn't miss an opportunity to tell you & everybody that called him a liar & fast buck artist. This is the follow-up to his wildly sucessful "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant Roids". I read the hard-cover version. Got it cheap, used thru Amazon. Anyway give me a vote or a comment. If you're the first that wants it & will read it, I'll mail it to you ppd. No strings, promise. I'll need your snail mail by November 9th.
The book is heavy padded to make it repectable size. Lots of stats of other players, pages from the Mitchell Report, his testimony & lie detector tests he took. There are also really good color photos of McGwire, Sosa, A-Rod etc. Before & after shots speak for themselves. Conseco is bitter & he throws a few more players under the steroids track, A-Rod, Ivan Rodriquez & Roger Clemens. That latter he has no proof of. He spends alot of time on Clemens, a so-called good friend & teammate for a short period of time. Conseco was on a lot of teams in his career & was always the man to go to for info on steroids. He's seen a lot of butts & injected them multiple times. He makes no bones about his own use, right from the beginning of his career. Conseco is not a good writer by any streach of the imagination. He's intelligent & might be fun to hang out with, for a short period of time. But emtionally he's a loose cannon & has betrayed lots of friends & teammates for $$$. Not very commendable. The book is an easy read & entertaining for the short time it will take.
on May 31, 2013
And is this what we as spectators and paying customers come to expect from the Professional sports we love to watch and follow blindly even if our teams chances at the ship is slim to none in the middle of the season. Jose Canseco has opened the door to let everyone in on what he see's as something harming the sport in which he loved so much. And as former high school baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, swimmer and martial artist. I see the amount of energy and effort and desire that goes into training and staying healthy for various sports. I love sports I have built my Library on sports Bios. " as well and Political Literature " I am not a raging jock. But don't let me tell you about how good of a read it is, buy it for yourself and check it out you won't be disappointed.
on October 15, 2013
This book is great if your looking for details about the steroid era, however it is a very poorly written book. Canseco tries to be too real and makes too the book almost unreadable at times. He also gives too many details about what his likes and dislikes are which can hinder how truthful a person really is being. I believe he's mostly truthful but I don't think he ever actually puts things exactly as they happen. Basically 90 % truth without making it complicated. Overall the information in the book (for baseball fans )is worth it but to everyone else it's just a poorly written book from a man who seems to care very little about the little things in life, and overall morals and values.
on May 19, 2017
Good
on October 5, 2016
Very insightful, funny at times, been a fan of Jose Canseco during his days with the A's, he's been truthful with his use of PEDs and acknowledgement of others. It's a shame the baseball media ostracize him for telling like it is. Would recommend this book.
on March 17, 2017
I was never a fan of steroid use in sports especially baseball which is my sport of choice as kid. Growing up I always thought the players were super good to hit the ball the way they did but little did I know...
on October 10, 2013
I don't personally know Jose, but I was glad that he was playing for the Rays in St Petersburg. I love reading about him, and no matter what he has done, he has always been honest and forthright, which speaks volumes about his character. Can't say that about the majority of our athletes who hide and deny. I wish Canseco the best and hope to see and hear from him more.
on April 11, 2014
I've only read the first 4 chapters and it seems to pick up where Juiced left off; so I am excited to be reading this book.

Update 6/11/14
This book is very good and you get to learn a bit more about Jose Canseco. I am very glad I bought the book and recommended to any Canseco or baseball fan.
on July 1, 2014
Having played the game at this level, this book is RIGHT on but users of "roids" of course try to discredit it.

You don't double muscle mass in 8 months without illegal help!