Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 910 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 958 reviews
on March 31, 2014
What a hoot! I picked up this necklace for a song, charmed by the owl on the front. It looks as described in the photo, a cute bird with an antique bronze-gold finish. The chain is fairly lengthy and allows for the pendant to sit on the breastbone, good for all those high collared shirts and sweaters that are so popular right now. Its quality is higher than I anticipated for this bargain basement price. The metal is thick and solid, the chain quite sturdy, and the detail rich for the price. Other popular accessory and clothing stores catering to teens and stylish young women would probably sell this piece for $10 to $15 without batting an eyelash. I get all sorts of compliments from my savvy, stylish coworkers who are raising the fashion bar on me and necessitate looking outside the box for neat bits.

The main drawback to this piece is the very long shipping wait. I ordered it before Christmas and it arrived sometime late in January. Definitely not something to buy for an upcoming event without using overnight delivery or the like. But I'm pleased with this addition to my jewelry box.
on April 26, 2013
This necklace is adorable!! It arrived 3 days before the estimated delivery date and came in a sturdy little package that kept the necklace secure. The necklace itself is perfect, smaller than I thought it would be, it easily fits in the palm of my hand. The charm looks pretty much identical to the one in the photo, although with a bit less detail. Other reviewers have said that the chain is crap, but I think there is a difference between something being crap and something being delicate. As long as you handle it gently, it should be fine. The owl sits nicely right under my collar bone, and does not flip over. All in all a great buy, especially for the price!
While I was browsing on Amazon, I came across the owl pendant and necklace for less than a dollar, including free shipping. The reviews were mostly positive, so I ordered the necklace and a few other pieces of jewelry that were very inexpensive, thinking they would be nice little gifts for the young nieces in our family. I was pleasantly surprised that it's actually a nice piece of costume jewelry. The zinc alloy metal gives it some weight, weighing 0.6 ounce (18 grams), and the antiqued bronze finish looks very nice. The pendant and necklace came with a small blue presentation box for gifting.

Delivery from China took 22 days from the day I ordered.
on March 8, 2017
Ok, so I didn't expect much based on the price and location of the necklace... but even my low expectations were wayyyyyy off!!!!!!!! This thing is BEYOND cheap looking and feeling. It looks sooo cute in the pic... but in person, the bronze color is even darker and looks like it was popped out of a mold and had rough edges and the jewels were glued on crooked. I'm impressed at how bad it looks to be honest. Don't waste ur pennies. It REALLY looks like it came out of a quarter machine.
on March 14, 2016
I bought this for my girlfriend almost three years ago and she still wears it occasionally. She has been into owls for awhile and they fortunately seem to be coming back. When I bought this, it was priced under what a McDouble would cost you, so my star rating might be biased toward the price paid. I'd be hesitant to purchase it toward the $5 price range. The packaging was mediocre, being shipped in a clear plastic in a padded envelope that made it in one piece. That being said, it's still a very nice piece and about the quality you'd expect for what you're paying. She's been wearing it for almost three years now on the original chain and hasn't had any problems, which means it might be luck of the draw on what batch you get. The chain is a good length and sits right below the collarbone on where; the silhouette photo is very accurate. Owls have gotten a lot of popularity lately and as such, she gets a ton of compliments when wearing it out.

CONCLUSION: It's a cheap piece of jewelry, but doesn't look as cheap as it costs and seems to work with a lot of outfits. My girlfriend has had it for three years and hasn't run into the chain breaking as others have. Try to buy it for under two McDouble's if possible, but anything under $5 is still a worth it.
on February 15, 2017
For the price, it is great! This Vintage Owl necklace is very nice with a beautiful bronze-like finish. Unfortunately, I took this off in the bathroom before a shower, and it left a rusted mark on my sink. As long as it is kept from water, it is a great piece for all outfits!
on August 14, 2013
I bought this on a late night whim and have worn it twice. I always get compliments on it and most people want to know where they can purchase one. The chain won't tow a Buick but is more than serviceable for an adult. The actual owl pendant is quite large and very sturdy. It doesn't feel like it would fragile or easily breakable in case it ever fell off while wearing. I have recommended it to several people I know so I feel fine doing it here too.
on December 31, 2013
usually when you buy something from china/hong kong for a couple bucks you expect it to be cheaply made and appear that way. I originally got it as a stocking stuffer but I ended up keeping it for myself. I have some custom made nursing necklaces in the making and this necklace is really doing a good job filling in for them while they are in the making. It hangs low enough for my baby to touch and look at (so shes not clawing her face or my chest) and shes yanked on it a couple times and it has not come off the chain. Its not too big or too small. I like it so Im keeping it for myself :)
on March 29, 2017
Absolutely love this! So cute. The only important thing that I wasn't very impressed with was the firmness. meaning, I think one could easily bend it
on May 7, 2014
I would give this no stars if I could. To start off, I know this is a cheap piece of jewelry, but it is extremely annoying to not get not only what what you paid for, but nothing at all. This is coming from China so I understand that shipping takes a long time, but not months. I never revived this item so I contacted the seller before leaving a negative review. They did not want to refund me the small amount of money, but said that they would send me another one. That one also NEVER arrived. I tried to contact them and theey flat out ignored me. I would recommend to not to waist even the smallest amount on this item/seller.