Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on July 4, 2012
This book offers beautiful pictures and information about how to create style with livability and luxe. I frequently glance through its pages to get inspiration. Statements like: "The client was torn between two different purple hues for the walls, so we used both, installing a chair rail and painting the deeper shade below it and the lighter shade above it," or "The apartment had very traditional and elaborate architectural details that just weren't meshing with my client's contemporary pieces, so we reinvented them with new upholstery and fabric," explain the development behind the final design.

A wide variety of rooms are included. The author uses layers to create the rooms' stories, but the rooms remain clean-lined and clutter-free without the cookie-cutter-perfect look.

While in LA I stopped into the author's shop and was able to meet this wonderful woman. In talking with her it's clear why we see warmth, style and grace present in her room designs. Enjoy her book and then go with confidence to your local thrift stores and antique shops to begin to create your own unique and stylish rooms.
on December 30, 2016
I loved this book. The photos are fantastic, and her descriptions of each home are enjoyable to read. Her decorating style is one that seems very accessible, and not just for the rich. I love her blend of old and new, of eBay and flea market finds with more expensive finds. Every room looks as if someone lives there, not just a showroom. Highly recommended!
on October 5, 2013
I have quite a collection on interior design books, and Kishani Perera's one is in my top-five for several months already. I love her multi-layered, highly inspirational interiors..she has a distinct style, complicated enough to wish to open this book again and again. You know, there are books that you long for, when you're sick, because they make you feel better? They are not neccessarily the happiest ones, though they might be. But they are beautiful. One example of such a book is a "Vintage Remix". I don't even move it from my nightstand. Not a lot of talking inside(and, frankly, I like talking)), but I still loved the author's voice..nice and unpretentious. It felt close. If I ever had the means to dare and phone call any of the design books authors I re-read and love and learn from-my first choice would be Kishani Perera.
on January 25, 2015
Saw this book originally on Houzz. Learned to check things out on Amazon first. Cost a third of what I would have paid through the Houzz listing. Enjoy the book. Comes close to what we would like to achieve.
on April 20, 2016
Such talent she has...great book if into interior design!
on April 20, 2015
This is the best interior deco and design book I have seen in ages. Not only are the images high quality, the words are actually worth reading and that's rare in a design book. I'd recommend this as a good book to have if you are into eclectic design and using old with new. Kishani has a real gift and her words of wisdom are very useful.
on October 22, 2014
This book is amazing. I bought it for a friend for her birthday and she LOVES it! One perk of it being a book was that I was able to look through it before giving it to her and I found the pictures and descriptions to be both beautiful and to the point. I would definitely recommend this design book to anyone naturally eclectic or anyone looking to dabble in the adventurous side of classic:)
on June 5, 2017
on July 19, 2016
I really enjoyed reading this book the pictures are so wonderful and inspiring! I actually use this for decor in my own home because the book is so pretty! It's absolutely love!
on May 6, 2014
Get this book...you will not be disappointed...! I was blown away.....love her eclectic style and how everything looks effortless. Just beautiful...