Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on January 9, 2013
At least it's perfect for me. That's saying a lot, because when I started my handbag hunt, I had quite a list of very specific non-negotiable demands.

It all started when my acquisition of a new iPad and my desperate need for organization converged. I decided to switch from a paper planner system and use the iPad as my only tool for getting/keeping it all together. I know that the key to success is having your planner with you all the time, so you can make adjustments to schedules, lists, etc. no matter where you are. So the time had finally come to say goodbye to my enormous Coach hobo bag ("the black hole") and get something that I could navigate without a hunting license. I came up with the following wish list characteristics for my perfect handbag:

1. SIZE- It needed to be large enough to easily accommodate all my usual items plus the iPad, and still be able to close securely.

2. STRUCTURE- I wanted something with a structure that would keep it from flopping around while I retrieved or replaced items, and I wanted a bag that would stay upright when placed on a table, floor, etc. I grew to hate the way my previous hobo bag slumped around like a bag of laundry. Also, I wanted a bag with a low center of gravity--wider at the base, narrower at the top. Top heavy bags are just too hard to manage when you're on the go.

3. FOOTED BASE- Having feet on the bottom helps the bag to remain stable and upright when it's not being carried, and also offers a degree of protection from surface dirt and moisture.

4. HANDLES & SHOULDER STRAP- I need both. Sometimes I need to carry my handbag like luggage, sometimes I need to sling it over my shoulder. But I have found that many "shoulder" straps are so short that they turn out to function more like elongated handles. A short shoulder strap positions the bulk of the bag right at your rib cage, which causes the straps to slouch and fall off your shoulder. This drives me nuts!

5. DISCREET BRANDING- If any designer wants me to advertise their brand with bold signature fabrics or glaring logos, they're going to have to offer me a steep discount on the product for my services. As far as my own personal sense of style is concerned, I find ostentatious displays of (supposed) affluence to be a little embarrassing.

6. STYLE- I like a bag that's fashionable and feminine, with enough embellishment to distinguish it from a man's brief case or messenger bag, but without all the tassles, jingling chains, decorative zippers, disco ball ornaments, folds, fur, feathers, or fringe. Updated classic elegance is more my style.

7. LEATHER- If you've ever held a quality handbag from 30 years ago--like an old school Coach bag--you probably know what I'm talking about when I say I want quality leather. Not this stuff that's split to a thickness of 1/64th of an inch, then pebbled and polyurethaned to give it "body". Top shelf leather has a supple yet substantial presence, and only grows more beautiful with use and age. Let me tell you, this Fossil bag has GOT IT!

8. VALUE- I do not expect to find the perfect purse for $49. On the other hand, I am neither independently wealthy nor insane, so I would not consider paying some of the crazy prices I have seen for handbags. I was prepared to pay $298 for this item when I saw it on another site, so I was THRILLED to find it at Amazon for $199. When I opened the box and saw that it was even better in person than in the photos, I felt that, although it was not cheap, it was a good value. Also, it was shipped directly from Fossil (via complimentary Next Day Air!) so there was no question as to its authenticity.

I love this handbag so much that I got it in both Pecan and Black. Absolutely nothing about this purchase was disappointing! I will point out that in the photo of the black bag, the front buckle appears to be silver-toned. This is just a light reflection. The buckle is burnished brass, as is the rest of the hardware.

If the bag I have described above is the bag you're looking for, go ahead and click "Add to Cart" right now. You will not be disappointed!
on February 19, 2013
shipping was great,condition was great, satisfaction is great. I purchased this for my wife and she loves it. I was going to buy it over christmas but it would have been a budget buster, fortunately it went on sale right after and we scooped it up. My wife says its the best purse/bag she's ever owned...and she's very particular about expensive purchases. highly recommend.
on May 22, 2014
I love the look and the type of leather. Quality fossil product. Too bad I had to return it. Way larger than I imagined.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.