Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 222 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on March 9, 2015
So I've had this strap for just less than 3 months & up till last night I haven't used it much. I was shooting a black tie event & as I walked out to take a phone call my camera fell to the floor & my lens took more then just a bump. Yeah... my $800 lens cracked... & it was all due to the cheap ass clip on this strap. The metal itself snapped right off! Long story short...

DON"T BUY THIS piece of junk if you care about your equipment!!
review image review image
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2013
UPDATE - Finally broke.
So I've been using this strap for over a year now and it has seen some heavy use. I recently bought a 70-200 f2.8 which is a bit heavier than anything else I've had on the strap.
After a rough 2 days of shooting I attached the lens to the body while the strap was still attached to the body, instead of attaching it to the lens support to alleviate stress on the camera.
Awhile back the barrel stopped screwing closed on the clip and I think this is why it failed. While I was talking to someone I let the camera hang and felt a pop.
The clip had snapped at the connector as many other people have reported.

One other thing I noticed was that there are multiple versions of this knock off and they are not all built the same. I ordered a second one for my back up camera and ordered it from a different company. Even though the shoulder pad is identical (with the little Q logo and everything) The strap and even the clip were completely different and much cheaper in quality.

So here's my updated opinion.
If people are getting different straps from the same vendor or even from the same Amazon page that's just too sketchy for me to recommend you buying one, with any camera. And It's kind of backhanded to be sending people a different product based on reviews about one with different quality standards and parts.
If that's not the case and you've got a light weight camera like a rebel, and you're not strapping on a 70-200 lens, a battery pack and maybe a big speed light to boot. I think this strap will still be ok for you. Make sure you twist the barrel up around the clip to support it and it should be fine. I still don't like the lack of grip on the pad but my plastigrip spray idea worked great for that.
If however you are planning to carry some of the heavier lenses... I'll just say this, if you can spend $1200-$2600 on a lens, you can spend a bit more on a high quality strap and that's what I would do. I'm using the Joby now and while it doesn't have all the pouches and the cool connector plate, it works really well and is definitely durable.
I was toting a Rebel t3i with a 50mm f1.8 or kit lens (18-50mm) and a battery pack for a year and never had an issue. Once I carried the 70-200 incorrectly on it and didn't have the barrel in place to support the clip, the clip broke. It's most likely user error but if you have ever shot a large event professionally you know you have way too many other things to worry about than whether or not your knock off strap clip is attached just right.

Anyway, I'm docking a star since they don't mention max load capacity and I feel this can get some people into trouble.
Again if you have a small camera, I still like the version I got and hope that there is some consistency. However when I ordered, it said the strap was from Rainbow Imaging, now the vendor is different so I can't speak for them. The cheaper version with the silky strap and flimsy clip I got from another company with my second order, isn't worth 10 cents.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
After reading the reviews I'm beginning to suspect some of these are competitor plants.
I've been wanting a speed strap for awhile now but one company (I wont name names) had a patent pending and drove the price through the roof. It got so bad I actually researched parts to just make my own and found it would be pretty cheap. Not sure what happened but now there are several companies offering speed straps at reasonable prices.

I've seen people talking about busted parts and stiff pads. I'm seriously confused.
I've got a T3i with a battery pack, kit lens and a quick release plate for my ball head screwed on the back side of the clip plate, all of this hanging from the straps clip and I have no idea what part of it is breaking for other people. I even grabbed the strap in one hand and the camera in the other and started tugging on it. I'm 6'5", 230lbs. I didn't give it my all but I tugged pretty hard and even wiggled it around a bunch while yanking on it. I did this because after reading these reviews I wasn't gunna risk going out on a shoot and having my camera fall off with one of my nice lenses attached.

I'm thinking maybe people aren't screwing the clip closed? There's a small barrel that you twist up to lock the clip so that it doesn't randomly pop open (if you've ever used a carabiner you know what I'm talking about) but beyond that I'm having a hard time identifying any failure points.

The plate you screw onto the camera is a solid piece of metal almost 1/4" thick. The threads went all the way in and twisted tight and my quick release threaded into the back of it nicely as well.

Anyway, once you've got it on the whole thing is really nice. I LOVE speed straps.
The pad is a little stiff at first but I just rolled it up and worked it a bit and it sits on my shoulder just fine. I feel like it has a decent amount of padding for the load I've got on it too.

The pad also has a small pocket for some SD/CF cards which is a pretty cool idea. Would've been really cool if they would've included some kind of battery storage pocket as well, it's got the extra space for one.

So then my only real gripe is the backing on the pad. It's just a nylon mesh. It's good quality but nylon isn't known for it's grip. what this means is that the pad slips off my shoulder constantly and I have to readjust it all the time.

I'm going to buy a small container of liquid rubber and just make my own grip on the back of the pad which I'm sure will work great but it seems like the manufacturer could've done this pretty easily as well. Still, for the price this strap is going for it's a minor complaint and I have no problems making some custom changes to it.

Again, for my use I'm having no problems other than a slipping pad. The build quality seems rock solid to me and I've taken it out on shoots several times now.
If you're toting around the big 300mm+ fast lenses on a full frame DSLR like a Mark II/III with a battery pack, you may have a different experience.
But with an APS-C and a standard all-purpose lens or a fast 50mm, even with a battery pack added on I don't see how this is enough weight to compromise the clip.

I feel like I definitely got my moneys worth and would recommend it to others.
Enthusiast: Photographyon December 10, 2016
This strap take a bit of getting used to, however once you do it works very well. With a traditional neck strap, the camera bounces against your chest with each step you take. I would compare this strap to like a pistol in a holster, but without the holster. With the strap at the correct length, bringing the camera up to shoot is akin to a quick draw. When not in use the camera hangs conveniently at your side.

NOT CRITICISMS, JUST THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:
1. I do a great deal of nature photography walking for hours at a time with the camera on this strap. Narrow passages put the camera at risk, as it can get caught on a branch or bang against a tree trunk or boulder. I've had to train myself to be conscious of where the camera is in such situations and either pull it in front of me, or push it behind me before proceeding through.
2. Falling with the camera dangling at your side it is much easier to end up with the camera between you and the ground. If I find myself with unsteady footing I will hold the camera to my chest until I clear the questionable area.
3. Depending on how you orient your camera camera when you attach it to this strap it can end up either facing forward or backward. Unless you keep the lens cap on all the time, always go for backward facing. Otherwise the lens is like a windshield, collecting upon it whatever you walk through.

DESIGN CHANGE SUGGESTION (CRITICISM):
If you wear this of any extended period and are using it as I do, the shoulder pad ends-up moving forward on to the front of your chest. The amount it moves can be significant. This movement throws the whole rig off. It seems to happen at the worst times too. I've overcome this by adding an auxiliary strap to the back which then fastens to a belt loop on the back of my jeans. I've included a photo. The auxiliary strap is the one being held taught. This extra strap solved the problem keeping the rig in place.
review image
on July 13, 2013
I received this item yesterday and found that it is different from the photograph and has a design flaw.

False advertisement: the underside of the plate does not have a female end for use with a tripod as shown in the picture. It's definitely not ideal for time restrictive situations.

Flaw: the screw is too long so the metal plate doesn't sit up against the base of the camera. There is about a 3/8 inch gap so I can't even use it. This is with a Pentax k-5 iis. Maybe its different with other brands?

And my final gripe about all grips and straps that attach to the bottom of cameras, would it kill someone to make a product that allows the camera to still have a flat base in case you need to set it down on a table or other flat surface?
review image review image
on February 16, 2013
Extremely durable but a little too heavy and uncomfortable to use. I posted some detailed pics, I hope it helps.

Strap is stiff and doesn't bend over your shoulders easily. Good enough to use for about an hour, but after that you'd wish you just carried the camera in your hand.

Pros:
Durable
Inexpensive

Cons:
Heavy and uncomfortable
Straps do not bend easily
Plate has no padding, may scratch the bottom of your camera.
review image review image review image
on June 5, 2015
I am a professional photgrapher. I bought this because of the price, as it is significantly cheaper than other "brand name" options. In this case, I got exactly what I paid for.

Adjusting the strap length is no easy task. It took me about 5 minutes to add a few inches to the strap length. I used this to photograph a wedding about a week after I bought it, making sure I could use it handily. It worked fine for the wedding. There is an attachment piece with a 14-20 screw that attaches to your camera's tripod mount. This, in turn, attaches to a clip on the strap. This is a two-hands and set-of-eyes operation. In other words, you have to completely stop what you are doing, hold your camera with one hand, open the clip with your other hand, and clip the camera attachment bracket. Not bad, but not great.

The second job I used this on 2 days after the wedding THE STRAP FAILED. I had my Canon EOS 6d and Canon 70-200 f2.8 lens attached and the strap came undone, my camera falling about 3 feet to concrete pavers below. Luckily, the camera and lens are fine, just a bit scuffed. I fixed the strap when I got home and it seems to be holding in place, but I haven't felt comfortable enough to use it again yet.

What I LOVE - In this case, love is a strong word. The price is low, but so is the quality.

What I HATE - If not obvious, that I can't trust this strap to not fail.

What I WISH - That the clip connecting the strap to the camera was a bit simpler to use, and that attaching or removing the camera to/from the strap was a 2-3 second operation instead of an 8-10 second one. This makes a huge difference covering a wedding.
on August 5, 2015
Not too happy with this thing. I bought it specifically to take on a cruise (not exactly bushwacking) for a week, and in that week:

- Strap came undone from buckle (note to users: re-route the strap through the buckles for more satisfactory results), which is a little scary with a DSLR and a zoom lens.
- There's a locking caribeener for the connecting plate, but it's so poorly made that the threads slide right over the post, so it doesn't lock.
- I connected a tripod to the connecting plate, but when I tightened it, it stripped the threads(!) inside the shoulder strap connector. I am not as strong as The Hulk.
- Finally, on the last day of my trip, the grommet on the connecting plate came loose.

I'll be returning it.
on April 26, 2013
The strap and the price for it are very good so I'm going to keep it but prospective buyers should be warned that this supplier does not exchange defective parts. You have to go through a return process.

I bought this strap because I needed it NOW so I'll have to make do with what I have. The problem is that the strap comes with a plate which connects the strap to the camera. It has a screw that threads into the tripod socket of the camera. The threading on the Quick Neck Shoulder Strap (QNSS) is defective (bad thread pitch) so I've had to use a tripod mount from a Manfrotto monopod which works (connection is to the tightening ring) but of course, isn't designed for this purpose.

Moreover should it become necessary to disconnect the strap from the plate, the hole on the plate is so small that it is difficult to do so. The connection is like that of a carabiner, that's to say a gated and threaded attachment.

Since there is no way to directly contact the supplier, I can only hope that they will read this review and contact me so a new plate can be sent to me.

Overall, I'm disappointed in the quality control and the inability to contact the seller.

UPDATE: I was able to obtain a replacement tripod male/female screw (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008WP83DG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from a seller on Amazon and that worked although the threaded shaft was too long. It was necessary to go to the hardware store and buy some gasket material, some glue to attach the gasket material to the plate, a hole punch to allow the screw through the gasket and finally a C-clip to hold the new part to the plate as the original C-clip was too small. I spent nearly $25 for the fix. I can only hope that the expenditure proves worthwhile.
on July 11, 2013
I ordered this strap to test the differences between the normal camera strap and this type of strap. I use a Canon 7D with a 70-200 telephoto on this. Price was low in comparison to other offerings ... I agree with the other reader that mentioned that it could use an additional clip to help the padded portion of the strap stay in position on your shoulder. Or some kind of rubbery material that sticks to your clothing. Minor issue.

What was a MAJOR issue was the fact that while on my recent outdoor shooting day, I suddenly noticed that the hook with the safety buckle that attaches the strap to the plate was unscrewed. Potentially the latch could have opened and send the gear to the ground. Luckily I noticed it before it could happen! What I did to solve the problem was to put a couple of drops of Permatex permanent threadlocker on the threads and tighten the it real good.

That is why I only give this product a rating of 2 stars. The company needs to test these products better. Again … IMO this is another example of using cheap components to drive cost down. Come on … DSLRs and lenses are expensive pieces of equipment.
on June 10, 2013
I'm new to the larger DSLR cameras, but when I bought my Canon T3i I was certain that I wanted a larger strap. This neck strap is very comfortable and pretty well made. The small zipper on the pouch could be of a little better quality, but so far it's holding up well. I took off the large metal mounting bracket that attaches to the camera and instead used a Amazon purchased "eyelet" that screws into the tripod hole.
Also, after reading some of the other reviews concerning the "metal" carabiner used on this strap, I would have to agree. It's made from a "potmetal" sort of material and will probably not last. I left the supplied carabiner on the strap, but opted to add a medium sized "Nite Ize" brand utility carabiner also. The Nite Ize device is thin enough to hook through the mounting eyelet and gives me the piece of mind that my new camera won't be crashing to the concrete.
Wearing the strap is a comfortable experience. The camera rides at waist level and can be pushed behind the hip when not in use. The padding and wideness of the strap distributes the weight of my T3i and the attached zoom lens very well. My family and I live near Orlando, Fl. and we are annual pass holders at DisneyWorld, so I have lots of experience hauling around my camera. While not a complaint, the only other thing I would say to possible purchasers, is to realize that this strap is fairly large (thats a good thing when carrying the camera) and does not roll-up or fold-up very well, when compared to the standard Canon factory strap.