Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: Wine Aerator|Style Name: Aerator|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,467 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,794 reviews
on October 30, 2010
First of all, if you are a wine drinker, get this. It works, or else I've been taken by the psychology of it. I first encountered it at the Sterling winery in California. Since we were joining the "club", we got quasi-VIP treatment, which included a demo of this device on a newly opened bottle of wine (yes, the Sterling wine store had them for sale for $45). Wine was poured into one glass from the bottle, and another through the Vinturi. It clearly made a difference in aroma and taste. We've since done a couple of blind tests, and picked the aerated wine every time.

Now, let me save you a couple bucks. The basic device includes a small rubber stand for storing the Vinturi. It is just fine. The upgraded 6-piece set includes a less-than-useful stand. It is not attractive enough to leave on display, so it's another bulky thing to store. Also, we found that our wine glasses were either too short--and we got spashing--or they were too tall and wouldn't fit. Plus, the stand holds the Vinturi perfectly vertical, which is contrary to the included instructions, which tell you to tip it slightly to the side.

So, fellow wine drinkers, get the $25.47 model, and you'll be quite pleased. Don't waste your money on the six-piece version with the stand.
44 comments| 360 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2017
When used correctly, the Vinturi Aerator makes a very unique sound.

Test & Practice:
Hold the Vinturi Aerator under a running tap/faucet. Not full blast, just enough so water isn't running out over the top. => LISTEN..
Tilt it slighty (in any direction) to get a feel for maximizing the aeration sound. That's the sound you want and need to hear when pouring wine through the device.
You'll hear a sucking sound, which means air is being pulled IN through the side holes (which also means stuff is not leaking OUT through the side holes).

Wine Pour Instructions:
Hold the Vinturi Aerator in one hand (don't cover the vent holes) and the wine bottle in the other hand.
Tilt the Vinturi Aerator slightly TOWARDS the bottle (don't tilt it away from the bottle). Just a tiny bit TOWARDS the bottle.
Then pour the wine so that it hits the opposing wall of the Aerator (the side of the Aerator furthest from the bottle).
DO NOT AIM FOR THE CENTER and DO NOT POUR SLOWLY.

Pour at a normal rate. It's necessary to keep the volume of wine and flow rate at a certain level. Just pour like you normally would.
Listen for THAT SOUND.

Follow these instructions and you'll become a Vinturi Master. You've achieved maximum aeration without any leaking or mess.

I pour my wine in the kitchen, so I rinse it with water after every use and keep it in the dish rack in the sink.
Super zippy, super aeration and no mess whatsoever.
on November 12, 2016
I already have a Venturi, so I decided to order the two more for a good price for friends. I was out of the country and just realized four months later after returning home that there were not Venturi. They still work fine but I don't like false advertisement and under handed sales.
on September 7, 2016
I used a friend's Vinturi before I bought this one. Contrary to what I originally thought, it really does make a difference (for the better...) in the taste of the wine. I would highly recommend getting one.

Now, why did I give it 3 stars? Because like several other reviewers, mine showed up with cracks extending from the suction holes in the side. I don't blame the vendor. This damage was not due to shipping or handling. This is an issue from the manufacturing process and quality control. It's been reported enough that you would think something would have been done about it by now. I don't know if it affects its use, but I bought a new undamaged aerator and that's what I expect to receive. It's going back, but I do intend to buy another. Fingers crossed that I get a good one this time.
review image review image
on October 22, 2016
Nice product but mine arrived with no stand and no screen .The packaging was such that these could not possibly fit in the box .Pity but without a screen it is only partially effective and with no stand you get dribbles of wine everywhere .I have used aerators before and gave them away to visiting friends .This if complete would have been a 5 star review but now I have the hassle, time and annoyance at returning a $20 item where the administration, collection paperworkk will be many times that figure
on January 13, 2015
I bought my first Vinturi Aerator in 2008 and finally killed it off cleaning it with too much too hot water. The difference this thing makes in a red wine as mundane as Two Buck Chuck (Now $2.99 Chuck in Oregon) is amazing. I've created lots of interest for Vinturi by doing a simple taste test. Gave away several as Christmas presents. If you don't use super hot water in cleaning it, it should last a long time. Not that seven years isn't a long time but I think it would have gone 20 years if I hadn't killed it with the very hot water.

So get one and see for yourself; makes a real taste difference in red wines. In this wino's opinion you don't need one for whites: They aren't going to taste any better whether processed through a Vinturi unit or allowed to sit open for 2 hours, or drunk right out of the freshly opened bottle.

The aerator is half price now compared to when I bought it in 2008.
on April 10, 2017
I'm so disappointed in this product. It came in cracked and yes I know there are two holes in it. Look for your self in the pictures submitted below. The box was not damaged so what that means in my eyes is that it was packaged and sent to me cracked. There has been a lack of quality control and I'm disappointed I expected more.

Edit : Its been about 2 weeks and the worst part about the whole experience is not the product but its the customer service will not respond to me to help me fix this issue of my cracked product.
review image review image review image
on July 5, 2015
I may have been a little effusive in the title leading you to wonder what does an aerator have to do with economic systems? Well, if the best of capitalism represents an enterprising individual finding a solution to a problem and bringing it to market in such a way that it offers value to consumers, then the Vinturi Aerator is a shining example of it.

We all know that wines, particularly red wines, taste better when in contact with the air after the bottle is opened. This is why the second or the third glass always taste better than the first out of a bottle. This is the reason why it is recommend to decant good wines many hours before serving. The air helps with oxidation and opens up the bouquet and taste of wine. Decanters therefore have been used for centuries; and for all these years people have wondered what to do with the wine that is left in them or how to clean them after use.

Here comes a product that seeks to turn centuries old conventional wisdom of decanting on its head. The promise of getting the benefits of decanting within seconds in one glass seemed too good to be true. I was skeptical of this product as one is of late night TV commercials of product that tout to accomplish the impossible. But I could not ignore the good reviews this product was garnering and finally decided to give it a try.

The Vinturi is beautifully packed. My wife does not share my ardent enthusiasm for wine. Usually I need to urge her to share a bottle with me. But seeing how smart the Vinturi looked and the promise it held, it was she who kept egging me to open a bottle and give this product a try. Finally the weekend arrived and we decided to set up a blind test. I opened a bottle of pinot noir (it is summer after all) and immediately poured into the first glass through the Vinturi and then straight from the bottle into the second glass without the Vinturi. I swirled the wine in the second glass as I generally would to a glass of red wine and let the first glass untouched.

I called my wife from the other room to come and taste the two glasses. She tasted the wine and instantly identified the first glass as the one poured through the Vinturi. I was surprised. I smelled and tasted both glasses. The first one clearly had a more open bouquet and fuller taste. The difference between the two glasses was so stark that I could not believe it. The contrast between two glasses was like the polished and tarnished version of the same silver. Well, I am now a convert! This is an excellent product that uses ingenuity and science to aerate wine quicker and in small batches. It is also very smart to look at and you are going to love the sound it makes as you pour wine though it. My wife certainly did. Where all my past coaxing failed, this little device may have turned my wife on to wine and earned me a wine buddy. This is a must-have accessory for anyone who drinks wine! Two thumbs up!
on January 28, 2017
We bought three of these in the past, they do work. If you take a cheaper wine, aerate it, add a teaspoon of water, it tastes exponentially better and more sophisticated. I only give it two stars because we recently purchased one as a gift and it was very broken. Which was double disappointing when it's gifted.
review image review image
on June 22, 2013
We have had the Vinturi aerator for several years and have used it regularly. We are not wine snobs, and drink moderately priced red wines - in the $12-$30 price range, rarely higher except for special occasions. I think that the wines in this price range (which haven't been aged for a long period of time), can benefit the most from aeration. When I first purchased the aerator, we did a few simple blind taste tests and believed that there was a moderate improvement in taste.

The Vinturi is always sitting in its handy rubberized stand on our wet bar so that we can aerate a glass at a time, or even an entire bottle before decanting it (seems redundant to do so, but some of our decanters are tall and narrow and are designed more for fashion than function).

The fun part of the aerator is the sucking sound as the wine swirls through the vinturi valve. Guests are always impressed with our wine technology :)

I have downgraded my review by one star since the plastic picks up a stained appearance over time, and the device has a tendency to leak a bit. I always aerate near the wet bar sink so that any spills can be cleaned up easily to avoid staining a table cloth or napkin.