Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Style Name: Essential White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 171 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on May 22, 2017
I think this aerates the wine nicely. There is definitely a flavor difference before and after pouring it through this. My husband thinks the decanter is very thin and fragile-feeling to the point where he would like to buy a different one. I think it is ok. It is thin glass but I think that comes down to personal preference. Our wine glasses are very heavy Waterford crystal so he is used to that. He uses those Waterford crystal glasses almost everyday because there's no point keeping such a lovely wedding present in the cupboard and not enjoying them, only bringing them out for special occasions. I agree with that but have noticed that since I bought cheap stemless wine glasses from Costco a few months ago I have preferred them over the Waterford. (I intended to use them as nice tumblers.) It's not only because they can go in the dishwasher, I think it is because they are fine glass and light. So, personal preference on the weight of the decanter. But the aerator is great.
on November 17, 2015
Effective, small & portable, easy to clean. Quick, tasty results!

Hubby and I love how this makes a young, unaged or only briefly aged red wine taste much nicer. The wine opens up when this device is used, and the aerated wine tastes similar to a somewhat older red wine - more mellow, softer.
Best of all we get better tasting red wine in under a minute!

Before this device if we wanted similar results of aeration, we had to open our bottle of wine 1 to 2 hours in advance of serving, then decant & swirl or even double decant, and wait 30-120 minutes, etc.
That may work for those of you who don't have kids, lol. I used to do all that with my red wine, when I was single and childless.

Not anymore!
With our modern, busy lifestyle of moonlighting to save for retirement after the "day job" has ended-- & parenting our special needs child,
"ain't nobody here got time for that!"
We LOVE our Mini Vinturi!! :)
on December 22, 2014
For less than $12, I figured that I would give this a go -- after reading all of the reports of how wine aeration helps enhance the flavor. First, let me say that this is a fun gadget to use. As you pour the wine through it, the aeration process makes a "sizzling" sound that is rather cool. Second, the little sucker actually works!! I rarely pay more than $15 for a bottle of wine (I drink mostly reds) and the flavor after aeration is notably better!

Even though this "mini" version is notably smaller than the standard Vinturi model, I have not had any problem with pouring wine through it. No spills, no runovers -- just pour wine into the opening as you would normally pour it into a glass.
on June 21, 2011
I have the original Vinturi, and have actually carried it in a plastic bag in my purse out to dinner. This product does such an amazing job of aerating your red wine so you can drink it at it's best immediately. No need to decant and wait. The Travel Vinturi, makes the perfect gift for any red wine lover. It's size and travel case make it convenient to tuck into a jacket pocket or purse. I love mine and I gave one to a friend who is equally thrilled with hers.
on March 29, 2016
I'm a avid wine drinker and traveler! I am a believer in the effect of aerating red wines and was looking for a "regular" sized aerator to carry in my suitcase when I came across this mini. I'm delighted!! It works great and fits easily into my suitcase which I practically live out of. Ordering a couple more as gifts for my friends who also travel frequently. Great find!
on May 24, 2015
I was a little skeptical at first, but it was pretty cheap so I decided to buy one and perform a blind test to see if it actually makes a difference. I poured two identical glasses of wine, except one was poured through the Vinturi. I left the room and asked my friend to switch the glasses around so I couldn't tell which is which. I don't exactly consider myself a wine connoisseur, however, even I managed to easily spot the correct glass. The only problem I have with this aerator is that the small size makes pouring the wine slightly more difficult, but just get the bigger sized version if that really bothers you. I love the ultra-portability of this thing!
on April 18, 2017
I'm a skeptic. Thought it was gimmicky, but tried it anyway. As it turns out, there is a notable difference when doing a side-by-side tasting with non-aerated wine.
on February 1, 2015
It really made a difference. Made a $15 dollar chardonay taste like a $30 bottle. I also bought the vinturi spirit aerator with a great improvement in my mixed drinks.
My spirit of choice is Crown Royal Black lable with coke, What an improvement.
on October 22, 2015
I used to have a regular Vinturi. A nice device for aerating your wine. This little device seemed like it would be good to travel with, however, it is so small at the top that it is tricky to get the velocity of wine pour to get the aerator working well. I do not recommend this mini version. If you want a vinturi, select the full size one. You will be happier with how it works.
on June 2, 2015
I can definitely tell the difference when using this!! I live overseas where wine is expensive so I end up buying the boxed stuff for every day use and you can REALLY tell a difference! I wish I had made this purchase sooner!!