Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on January 3, 2014
It is very important to have this product installed by a licensed Viper installer (otherwise no lifetime warranty). There is some cutting and splicing of wires involved as you are attempting to trick your car into being hot wired every time you press the start button.

I purchased this product to be installed in my girlfriends 2011 honda accord, which requires a bypass module to circumvent the factory installed security. This bypass is essential for all newer vehicles, and must be purchased separately.

We work in an office building, and park in a garage. When choosing a remote starter, the interference of wifi, several tons of steel in both the building and the parking structure were a huge concern. This device starts the honda from my girlfriends office. Perfect.
on October 22, 2012
works great, The remote start is a lot better than I thought it would be I will never go back to just a standard alarm again.

I have had this installed for over a year now on my mazda rx8 AT and have had no problems with it. I had it installed by bestbuy and they did a great job in and out just gave them the box. The alarm is loud, it can even automatically start you car if your car gets to cold. The auto start is nice to have any time of year. Your on your way out in the summer and press the button while your checking out in the store and by the time you get to the car is has cooled down. And vise versa for winter. And there is no security issue because you have to put your key in and turn it within an amount of time or the car will turn back off. The time is adjustable. I will definitely be getting another on my next car.
on March 10, 2014
The good:
The remote start and alarm functions are awesome. The remote beeps and lights up like xmas tree when the alarm was triggered. The range is pretty sick too (although it doesn't reach the garage basement of my high rise condo but it's not the product's fault). When you're out of range, the remote gives you feedback when you press any buttons by giving you the buzzing sound.

The bad:
The buttons in the remote are sensitive. I found my self accidentally starting my car on when I sit down and my remote is in my pocket. The alarm also activates automatically after you leave the car unlock for several minutes (which could be a good thing to some people).
on February 6, 2014
These are not for the inexperienced installer, they are complicated, but have a lot of cool features to them. I have installed many different ones over the years and still like these the best. The remotes are kinda cheesy, they like to break if you drop them, but they seem to have extremely good range. If you need more range you can upgrade this with another module from viper so you can use your cellphone instead of a remote. Again, they are complicated to install. If you aren't experienced with electronics and don't have access to factory wiring diagrams of the vehicle, don't try it yourself! Find a local shop to do it for you.
on November 2, 2015
Does not come with the wiring diagram which was expected. They give you a website to download it but it is not on there. Emails go unanswered. Horrible customer service. Guessing if it doesn't work i will be stuck with it.
on November 26, 2012
item was shipped and received as promised. Was not a simple install and took longer than I would have liked, but it works great have had no issues with it since installing. would not recommend planning on installing yourself unless you are relatively familiar with vehicle wiring, making wiring connections, or reading schematics
on February 6, 2016
Works great, but seriously, not a diy as it requires programming by a professional to get the remote starter to work. I would have been better off buying from Best Buy and having them install it - would have been less expensive
on August 24, 2014
Great alarm and remote start, I love the fact that if you can't hear your alarm triggered, your remote warns you by beeping and lighting up like a Christmas tree. Also that remote start allows you to start your car as soon as you start walking out the door which saves you a lot of time warming it up. LOVE IT!!!
on December 25, 2016
Key fobs break way too easily and are very expensive to replace.
on June 14, 2012
The product comes with everything described and more. There is a mobile feature that can be added. The key is getting a knowledgeable installer. I'm an Electrical Engineer but I'm glad I found a very good installer. This would be a rather daunting task even for the most inclined DIY. There are just little tricks of the trade that are needed for a great installation. The product itself is great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.