Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Viper Trident Underwater Metal Detector with 10" searchcoil
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

40%
60%

on March 26, 2011
C'mon Kellyco...stop ripping people off with this crappy machine. It dies in water... works about as well on the wet sand and, is a 2" deep searcher in the park. This is a $50.00 kids metal detector. You have been "dumping" these for years and giving them away as a 2nd machine for a small price (that is too much). Where's the Better Business Bureau when you need them? STOP IT!! I'll be calling Kellyco Monday... they're going to get a piece of my mind too!
on June 7, 2016
First off I will say of the other 4 reviews at this time 2 correct and 2 are not. especially scrooge's,If anyone that has used this machine knows that you don't get used to the tones because it only has one! and it has no volume so it's either a hit or no hit. sometimes you can hear a faint strike but mostly not hardly loud enough to hear on the beach and that is kinda what it's made for. I imagine those other two are likely plugged reviews from kellyco. my wife bought this for a xmas gift directly from kelleyco 2015. I have never submerged it nor would I given the construction of it. I noticed dad wasn't finding anything on the beach and that's not normal for him so on another outing I decided to put it to test and it was miserable no beer caps no tent stakes nothing, so I cranked up the sensitivity max and the descrim down to min. I got a faint strike and it was a penny 2 inches down now with my white's or garrett this would blow an eardrum but not with this trident. back at home I was testing in the yard and I got another strike but not what I consider strong compared to other machines including my $100 bounty hunter that's 15 years old so I dug it. funny thing is I keep digging down in the center of the coil pinpoint like you would and its' not there but the signal is so after 8 or 9 inches of hole I see something protruding slightly from the side of the big hole (i'm using a garden shovel) about barely 2 inches below the grass I pull out a 10" long piece of rebar. any other real machine this would be over the limits but with the viper it was the same hit as a penny or beer can. so i threw a dime in the hole taped to a piece of jeweler's wax face down at 2.5 to 3 inches and covered it with dirt. I could barely hear the signal. at times I could at times I could not. that's flaky? so I remembered reading the instruction manual and it says coil must be moving to detect also it must "move 2 feet per second" OK, well they mean it, if it is slower it won't work, if it is faster it won't work! it's not a ball park it seems to be literal. another thing with the dual coil design it beeps twice on targets once on each side of the coil so it sounds like iron hits like nails or such with double poles, but it's not. I don't know what use it has but it's worthless as a metal detector and it's heavy to boot. for the kind of money they want for it you can get your heart's desire. save your money do your research and be careful of potential phony reviews. the garrett water machines are not much more money but a thousand times the machine!
on August 20, 2012
I used this product once in a dive adventure looking for some treasures and the water enters into the battery box and the device just die
on April 20, 2013
Awesome tool to take with you for weekend camping trips. Search for coins and such in creeks and lakes, or on shore.
Very easy to use, just turn on and go.

Once you get to know the different tones, you can pick out what is going to be trash or treasure.
Gotta love that you can take it in the water.
on April 3, 2011
Great for a first-time detector. I live in Hawaii and use this for land and water detecting. I've found coins and rings up to 10 inches deep on beach sand. One of the gold rings I found had a 1.5ct diamond solitaire-poor tourist who lost it. I had it appraised and is a VS1, F color. This is unbelievable and who would have thought on a cheap Sears detector.