+ $3.99 shipping
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Take your career online and compete for the ultimate title of Virtua Tennis Champion with the new online ranking system. With prize money you earn in online tournaments, you can purchase over 800 items in the new Tennis Store and upgrade your character.
- New Players / Courts – Play as or against over 20 of the world’s top players, including seven new to Virtua Tennis and three legends. All-new arenas and the officially licensed Davis Cup provide the most realistic tennis competition to date.
- New Player Creation System – You now have full control over facial, body and clothing customization, as well as the depth to populate the game world with hundreds of unknown opponents.
- More Court Games – Playing alone or with up to three friends compete in 12 mini-games, five completely new, and upload your hi-scores on the worldwide rankings in games such as Zoo Feeder and Pirate War.
- Improved Gameplay – Courtside action is better than ever, with extensive updates to the famous arcade-style Virtua Tennis match engine, as well as 3D crowds and a more realistic courtside experience.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Building on its strong consumer following and consistently high review scores, the Virtua Tennis series delivers another ace this May. Virtua Tennis 2009 maintains the unprecedented realism and pin-point gameplay mechanics the series is known for and also now features improved shot accuracy, more control on serves and the chance to compete for the esteemed Davis Cup. Players will sharpen their court skills in 12 fan-favorite mini-games in preparation for fierce competition in an all-new World Tour mode where they will smash the competition as one of 20 elite tennis stars. Virtua Tennis 2009 for Wii is compatible with Wii Motion Plus!
Step out onto the court and get ready to face off against some of the world's top players. Virtua Tennis 2009 serves up intense tennis fun that brings the action on the court to life with incredible realism. Demonstrate your control and accuracy with the series' trademark pinpoint gameplay mechanics that lend every stroke, volley and serve real-life power and immediacy, and show you've got what it takes to compete for one of the sport's most coveted prizes.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is how to maximize the fun and minimize the frustrations:
-play with the Wii Motion Plus for a while and let the game move your player
-once you start winning consistently and your movements translate to the player on the screen, you might want to use the nunchuck and move your own player; this will take some practice
-FIRST start with the VT Coach and learn the controls
-SECOND play on Play mode to practice some, and play some of the games if you must (although I think these are pretty lame)
-THIRD go to the World Tour create your player and move up the ranks by beating the bejesus out of everyone effortlessly. This can get boring so spice up your life with Play mode games and Training Academy.
-DO USE the Training Academy while you sip coffe, it's good training, the exercises get easier and you unlock some play modes (which don't REALLY make much difference in the way your player plays)
Initially, the nunchuck adds stress and you will feel like you can't possibly control the player's movements AND return the ball AND hit a winner...but it gets easier and I now enjoy the full control of being able to run back and get lobs, even smashes with a little luck. I also enjoy net play and this is almost impossible without the nunchuck.
WHY FOUR STARS?
Boring to move up the ranks slooooooooowly
Games are lame, sorry, not a gamer
Unlocks should be easier to get, would take the boring out of the beginning
Enjoy! I know I am.
I am using the Wii version, with "Motion Plus". I never played real tennis so I am only comparing this to Wii Sports.
Pros: realistic game play, nice variety of games / features
Cons: the trainer mode stinks. It asks you to do certain tasks but gives no feedback on how to improve. It just tells you if you passed. For some of the more difficult shots, some feedback on what you did wrong would be nice. For the online game play (main reason I purchased it), it takes a long time to find an opponent.