Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Virtua Tennis 4 - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 72% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 99 $49.99 Save $10.00 (20%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- Full 1:1 compatibility with PlayStation Move recognizes every movement of the motion controller for a true-to-life tennis experience.
- Players challenge each other from around the world using new online center matchmaking and tournament play.
- The brand new Match Momentum feature makes for more dramatic matches.
- The crazy Virtua Tennis series' signature mini-games are now in available in multiplayer mode and online.
- Lineup. of 22 players includes Nadal, Federer, Murray, Sharapova, Williams, Djokovic, Ivanovic, Del Potro, Wozniacki and more
- In building up their Match Momentum gauge over the course of a match, players revel in their improved abilities and confidence.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Virtua Tennis 4 is a tennis simulation game featuring 22 of the current top male and female players from the ATP and WTA tennis tours. Along with classic Virtua Tennis tournament style action, Virtua Tennis 4 for PlayStation 3 features full PlayStation Move functionality, allowing players to experience the game at an even higher level as they swing through forehands, backhands, serves, overheads and more, just as if they were on court. Additional features include: Stereoscopic 3D technology, new online matchmaking and tournament play, a brand-new world tour and more.
Take a Swing with PlayStation Move
The best-selling tennis series is back in time for the lion's share of the Grand Slam season with revolutionary new features and an all-star lineup. And with the PlayStation 3 version of the game the developers of the original Virtua Tennis are taking the world of competitive tennis to a new level using evolutionary 3D support and PlayStation Move functionality. With these innovative technologies, players will compete in true 1:1 motion compatibility for the first time.
The Top Players of Today's Game
Virtua Tennis 4 features 40 breathtaking courts from around with world as well as 22 of the world's top tennis stars from the ATP and WTA tour rosters. A sampling of players include men's Grand Slam champions and contenders like Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Juan Martin Del Potro, Andy Murray and Gael Monfils, as well as Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Caroline Wozniacki and Anna Ivanovic from the women's side of the draw. All will play their hearts out for a shot at the championship title, in dramatic TV-style camera action. A brand new Career Mode promises hours of fun in the quest for the top ranking, while the new online hub will be the go-to place for fans who want to compete with other Virtua Tennis stars from around the world.
Key Game Features
- Stereoscopic 3D – The all-new 3D experience looks stunning and immerses players in the competition.
- PlayStation Move – Full 1:1 compatibility with PlayStation Move recognizes every movement of the motion controller for a true-to-life tennis experience.
- New Online Center – Players challenge each other from around the world using online matchmaking and tournament play.
- Match Momentum - This brand new on-court feature makes for more dramatic matches. In building up their Match Momentum gauge over the course of a match, players revel in their improved abilities and confidence.
- Mini-Games – The crazy Virtua Tennis series' signature mini-games are now in available in multiplayer mode and online.
- Brand New World Tour – Players take their customizable tennis pros into the big leagues where every decision they make affects their career path.
- All-Star Lineup. of 22 Players – Includes Nadal, Federer, Murray, Sharapova, Williams, Djokovic, Ivanovic, Del Potro, Wozniacki and more
Brand new world tour.
Classic Virtua Tennis mini-games.
Realistic on-court skill sets.
22 current and rising stars.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Unique Move Tennis experience. Yes it's only supported in exhibition but it's fun. Some people, like me -- are looking for simple controls and 30 minutes of pick-up & play fun. That's what you get here.
3) Good old Arcade fun. Cool ground strokes and slams. Overall good graphics. Not too complicated -- simple controls.
3) Nice roster -- Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro plus legends and a better women's roster than TS4.
4) Those looking for a realistic tennis sim, you'll be pleased with Top Spin 4 or wait for Grand Slam Tennis 2.
5) You can get it cheap. Good fun for $20 bucks (even on release day, Amazon.com sold it for $32 instead of $49).
I gave it 5 stars due to fun and value.
|Length: 3:39 Mins|
I go into further detail in my video review.
Main positive is that VT4 implements 1:1 VERY well.
Main negative is that there isn't a tournament mode for Move players.
Please check out the video review for further details.
Back to Virtua Tennis...
First of all I bought this game by mistake,I was surfing on my Android phone and saw the game on sale. I thought it was Top Spin. I had tried Top Spin Demo on PS3 and fell in love with the game as it seemed realistic enough, especially with the move. So when I went to check out and noticed my error I thought "Well Virtua tennis cannot be that bad and it is move Enabled so let's try it"... I wish I had. I really wanted to like the game, but it is just plain horrible.
Move sucks with it and cannot even use the NavCon to move. You don't see your player, just the ghost of a hand with a racket so you have to just "Feel" when to actually try to hit the ball.
It was a little better with the DualShock but still was lacking that Tennis feel...
All and all I just feel like returning the game but I got it for a decent deal and maybe I can just give it away...
I would definitely not recommend this game to anyone... I'll try my luck with Top Spin...