+ $0.00 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Full 1:1 compatibility with PlayStation Move recognizes every movement of the motion controller for a true-to-life tennis experience.
- Players challenge each other from around the world using new online center matchmaking and tournament play.
- The brand new Match Momentum feature makes for more dramatic matches.
- The crazy Virtua Tennis series' signature mini-games are now in available in multiplayer mode and online.
- Lineup. of 22 players includes Nadal, Federer, Murray, Sharapova, Williams, Djokovic, Ivanovic, Del Potro, Wozniacki and more
- In building up their Match Momentum gauge over the course of a match, players revel in their improved abilities and confidence.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Virtua Tennis 4 (PS3)
Virtua Tennis 4 is a tennis simulation game featuring 22 of the current top male and female players from the ATP and WTA tennis tours. Along with classic Virtua Tennis tournament style action, Virtua Tennis 4 for PlayStation 3 features full PlayStation Move functionality, allowing players to experience the game at an even higher level as they swing through forehands, backhands, serves, overheads and more, just as if they were on court. Additional features include: Stereoscopic 3D technology, new online matchmaking and tournament play, a brand-new world tour and more.
Take a Swing with PlayStation Move
The best-selling tennis series is back in time for the lion's share of the Grand Slam season with revolutionary new features and an all-star lineup. And with the PlayStation 3 version of the game the developers of the original Virtua Tennis are taking the world of competitive tennis to a new level using evolutionary 3D support and PlayStation Move functionality. With these innovative technologies, players will compete in true 1:1 motion compatibility for the first time.
The Top Players of Today's Game
Virtua Tennis 4 features 40 breathtaking courts from around with world as well as 22 of the world's top tennis stars from the ATP and WTA tour rosters. A sampling of players include men's Grand Slam champions and contenders like Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Juan Martin Del Potro, Andy Murray and Gael Monfils, as well as Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams, Caroline Wozniacki and Anna Ivanovic from the women's side of the draw. All will play their hearts out for a shot at the championship title, in dramatic TV-style camera action. A brand new Career Mode promises hours of fun in the quest for the top ranking, while the new online hub will be the go-to place for fans who want to compete with other Virtua Tennis stars from around the world.
Key Game Features
- Stereoscopic 3D – The all-new 3D experience looks stunning and immerses players in the competition.
- PlayStation Move – Full 1:1 compatibility with PlayStation Move recognizes every movement of the motion controller for a true-to-life tennis experience.
- New Online Center – Players challenge each other from around the world using online matchmaking and tournament play.
- Match Momentum - This brand new on-court feature makes for more dramatic matches. In building up their Match Momentum gauge over the course of a match, players revel in their improved abilities and confidence.
- Mini-Games – The crazy Virtua Tennis series' signature mini-games are now in available in multiplayer mode and online.
- Brand New World Tour – Players take their customizable tennis pros into the big leagues where every decision they make affects their career path.
- All-Star Lineup. of 22 Players – Includes Nadal, Federer, Murray, Sharapova, Williams, Djokovic, Ivanovic, Del Potro, Wozniacki and more
Brand new world tour.
Classic Virtua Tennis mini-games.
Realistic on-court skill sets.
22 current and rising stars.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In the end, if you want a simple, fun, and addictive tennis game a la Mario Tennis 64 then Virtua Tennis is just that. Very fun and highly recommended if that is the case. If you want a sim type game, then get Top Spin.
Back to Virtua Tennis...
First of all I bought this game by mistake,I was surfing on my Android phone and saw the game on sale. I thought it was Top Spin. I had tried Top Spin Demo on PS3 and fell in love with the game as it seemed realistic enough, especially with the move. So when I went to check out and noticed my error I thought "Well Virtua tennis cannot be that bad and it is move Enabled so let's try it"... I wish I had. I really wanted to like the game, but it is just plain horrible.
Move sucks with it and cannot even use the NavCon to move. You don't see your player, just the ghost of a hand with a racket so you have to just "Feel" when to actually try to hit the ball.
It was a little better with the DualShock but still was lacking that Tennis feel...
All and all I just feel like returning the game but I got it for a decent deal and maybe I can just give it away...
I would definitely not recommend this game to anyone... I'll try my luck with Top Spin...
The game sound, the sound of the raquet hitting the ball is really nice here. The graphics are more realistic too.