Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Virtua Tennis 4 - World Tour Edition” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 13% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- The world's best players -
- Take control of the top players in the world; with 22 of the world's greatest players competing in 33 stunning stadiums, in a variety of mini-games, and a full career mode.
- Touch screen controls -
- Simple touch controls on court across all game modes with front and rear touch panels to navigate players and hit shots.
- Touch Versus -
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing about this game that is disappointing for me is the online play, because you can't choose any options and you can't see who your opponent picks before the match. Its not really fair if you pick someone from the WTA and your opponent choose Nadal, Djokavic or Federrer.
Good thing the single player mode is really good. The game is a lot of fun and every bit as good as the PS3 version of the game. I like the challenge this game offers. Hard mode seems to be a pretty good challenge, very hard is probably too hard, but its nice that it's there, maybe one day I will be able to beat the game on very hard.
What I like about the game is that there are lots of single player modes of play and mini games.
If you're a tennis fan and own a Vita, you must buy this game.
At this point, with most games I'm done with them and never want to look at it again, but I wanted to prolong the joy VT had brought me. So I poked around the massive main menu to see what else was there to do and found the network section. Now I should mention that I'm not much of an online multiplayer gamer and when I say that I mean I've never done it. I didn't know what to expect, but I figured I would have to jump through several hoops before even getting to play anyone online. As it turns out it only took 2 clicks and I was playing someone. I got my a** kicked. I expected that but still wasn't quite able to accept it. I kept playing online and proceeded to loose all the matches, but I was having a blast. The online gameplay was so good that I kept wondering if I really was playing people from other parts of the world. I did get kicked off the network a few times but was back online within a few minutes. In fact, the load times in this game were so low that it encouraged me to explore all it had to offer. In any case, I got tired of loosing online so I started the tour again on the hard level. It got very hard very fast and forced me to be more strategic, which helped me win a few matches online.
I could go on and on about how much fun this game is while not even touching on the vita specific mini games (they're gimmicky, but fun for short bursts and just add to this deep title). So I highly encourage all Vita owners to pick this up - I look forward to beating you online :-)
1. Career mode, aka the world tour. Some people don't like it, because you don't get to play real tennis directly. Instead, you have to play tennis mini games to build up abilities and your control skills. I pretty much love this mode, and it's the exact reason that made me a big fan of this game. It makes you do all kinds of tennis stuff and manage your career. Come on, start with the ability of Roger Federer isn't fun at all... There so much things to do, like build up reputation, unlock and buy accessories and of course earn money. Once you completed all four you can start over with ranking but keep everything else except your strength bar. In short, perfect learning curve. Change to higher level of difficulty once you done with the first time.
2. Graphics is literally the same as console versions.
3. Controls are so intuitive like always, so get in position and play tennis.
4. Straightforward menu and UI, you are able to play without waiting ridiculously long.
5. Music is very much lacking but it's a tennis game, I am fine with no music.
6. You can always change the sound signature, not every one sound like gay-porn... Yea I don't know what's wrong with the trailer either.
So, I hope everyone enjoys tennis!
I can more or less find qualities in most games and at least try them out. My issue lately is I get bored too easily. With 25+ years of gaming a lot of games are too similar. I have a hard time engaging in any game for a long period. The fact I was glued to this game the first time I played it for about 5 hours shocked me. It was by far the longest session I have had on my Vita yet and I enjoyed every minute of it. This game might not be for everyone and I understand that which is why we have so many choices. IMO the beauty of this is you do not have to be a Tennis fan at all to enjoy it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Classic Virtua Tennis action for the Vita. I've always loved this game, dating all the way back to my first experience on the Dreamcast. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jeremy Rowe
It was everything I expected and it was shipped to me at a reasonable time. CoolPublished 4 months ago by Kamal Bashir
Really enjoyable with outstanding graphics. Would like even more tour players without having to "unlock" though.Published 14 months ago by Al Watkins