- Series: Studies in Feminist Philosophy
- Paperback: 344 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press (December 22, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0195137353
- ISBN-13: 978-0195137354
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 1 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #857,589 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Visible Identities: Race, Gender, and the Self (Studies in Feminist Philosophy)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"With her nuanced views of these historical variable visible identities and her careful analyses and arguments against the ways alternative conceptualizations have unfolded in history and in philosophy and political theory, Linda Martín Alcoff has indeed, as she hoped, constructed a 'bridge"...over 'the huge gulf that separates races and genders in their country.'"--Hypatia
About the Author
Linda Martín Alcoff is Director of Women's Studies and Professor of Philosophy, Women's Studies and Political Science at Syracuse University.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?