Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 773 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 823 reviews
on September 2, 2015
Sad. These are not the actual original HD Vision glasses like the ones that first came out. I didn't return them, though I have second thoughts about that now.
Comparison between the ones I just received and my original HD Vision Wrap Arounds:

• Holding both the new glasses and the originals up to the light, the lenses are completely different. Wearing them, they don’t filter like my originals. See more differences below:

The ones I just bought:
• The sticker on the glasses do not say HD.
• The sticker on the glasses do not say HD Vision.
• The sticker on the glasses do not say Optical Quality Lens.
• They only say UV 400 Protection CE.
• The lenses are like half as dark as my originals. They allow bright lights and glare. Not quality like my originals.
• These comes in a clear zip lock plastic bag.

My original HD glasses (sadly my original pair got broken):
• The sticker on the glasses Do say HD.
• The sticker on the glasses Do say HD Vision.
• The sticker on the glasses Do say Optical Quality Lens.
• The sticker on the glasses Do say UV 400 - 100% UV Protection.
• The lenses are dark enough that there is no glare, not even in bright sunlight. Top quality lens.
• The originals came in the - original HD Vision box. They came with papers showing they were HD Vision glasses.

I did ask before purchasing if the lens were optical quality and the answer was yes. However, they are not marked and there is nothing on the sticker or glasses that indicates they are.

Had I known ahead of time the big difference between the original ones and these, I would have only ordered one pair till I found something that worked like my 'original' HD pair.
on January 31, 2015
I bought it in March 2012 to get my self ready for the summer driving. The size of the sunglasses is good. It can wrap around my near-sight glasses without any issue, and it does not look very bulky. The vision is actually a little redish. I don't feel it provides more clarity than my other glasses. The worst point is its bad quality. It is made out of some cheap plastic and only lasts for 3 months before one of the legs broke. Back to 2012, it cost under $5 including shipping. So it did not hurt much to give a try. However due to its low quality, I would not buy it again or recommend it to any of my friends.
on June 21, 2016
I wear glasses so finding a pair of sunglasses that will comfortably fit around my glasses is annoying. Because of that, I usually go around without wearing sunglasses at all, but I've been scolded by my doctor that doing that is unhealthy and will hurt my eyes in the long-run. My doctor gave me a sample of wraparound sunglasses, but they broke really easily, which led me to find this as a replacement. It is much cheaper than the doctor-recommended pair, and reasonably effective. It doesn't fit around my glasses quite as comfortably, and it has this weird yellow tint, but for the price I paid, it's not too bad. I think the yellow tint is supposed to help block out the sun a bit more, but I honestly don't notice that big a difference that would justify the yellow tint in my eyes. One definite pro about this is that I've been using it for almost a year now, and it still hasn't broken. However, given the strange yellow coloring and the fact that the frames are quite large (as is expected), I don't see myself wearing these sunglasses unless I absolutely have to, per doctor's orders.
on April 24, 2012
I know some people like these kind of glasses and others experience no benefit. For me they are terrifically useful. They make the environment brighter while cutting glare. My regular eyeglasses have transition lenses, which get dark in sunlight, so I don't need sunglasses when out in the sun. However, when driving a car, the transition feature is not activated, and that's where these wraparound eyeglasses come in -- I just wear them over my eyeglasses. The other place I use the wraparound eyeglasses is in stores that have bright fluorescent lighting. In fact, I call them "my Costco glasses." These glasses will not win any competition for stylishness and they are not really designed to be worn over other glasses, but I like them. The price is so low that you can just try them and see if you like them or not. If you don't, send me any of them that you don't want.
on October 20, 2014
You see the sunglasses in the picture? Those look great, and they're going to look just as great on a very large face - a John Goodman or a Jeff Garlin face. However, I wonder if these sunglasses would fit on such a face. These glasses are actually much bigger than they seem to be in the picture. You can barely see those squares on the side so I'm adding a picture so you can see them, but when you put the glasses on, those little squares seem to stick out like an extra pair of ears. These sunglasses do the job when I need them, but I don't wear them until I really need them. I'm an old man and these sunglasses, make me look like an old man.
review image
on April 21, 2014
This was an impulse buy for me. The price was reasonable and shipping was free. They arrived quickly and in great condition.

I've tried these while driving in the dark and various stages of sunlight. I don't agree that they improve night vision at all. I still see better with my regular glasses than adding a yellow filter on top of them.

But for daylight use, these are my new go-to sunglasses. They make things look clearer, instead of just darker. As an added bonus, the lens is graduated so they are nearly clear at the bottom. This is perfect when driving since the dashboard is clearly visible while the line-of-sight through the windshield is filtered!
on September 4, 2013
I originally ordered these WrapArounds for my 89 y/o Daddy on recommendation of his Low Vision specialist. He has Macular Degeneration. She specifically recommended the amber color. Before they came he was taken to the hospital and has remained there since. While he is there I decided to try them out for night driving, since their ads claimed reduction of glare. WOW!! Do they ever!! I have ended up driving nightly after visiting him. One night it was raining. Especially the nights I was more fatigued the reduction of glare is amazing. They are equally as impressive for bright sunny days here in SoCal. I now must make sure to get myself a pair before he gets out of the hospital so he can have them when he needs them again. This is one of the best deals I've every bought, and will highly recommend them to everyone I know. Incidentally, this is the first review I've ever written.
on March 22, 2016
I had a pair of these before and since they mostly fit well over my prescriptions, I thought I'd order more. Tried finding them in the same store I originally got them from, in addition to other places that sell the as seen on tv things, but found only the night vision pair. Overall, these were great, kinda disappointed though since the sides had scratches on them....I'm talking more then a few. But I'm not one to complain. I kept them, wear them daily, but I wouldn't purchase anymore. I'll keep a look out for them in stores next time. Lol
on May 4, 2015
I can actually see better with these glasses. They reduce glare and fit perfectly over my prescription eye glasses. No slipping down or tight against the bridge. All in All very comfortable. What I see is sharper and clearer than without these glasses. I love the fact that they protect from dust on the sides as well. I was thinking of getting clip on's but these are better. Sure they looking a little "space agey" because they are a bit big but they have to be to fit over eye glasses. I drive a lot in the SW (Utah, Arizona) and these work wonderfully. They are sturdy and well made (even if they are made in China) and everything sorta of has an amber tint but it's nothing that distracts from vision and actually help reduce my awareness of floaters".
I recommend these to anyone and I'd buy another pair if these were to ever get lost or somehow break. You could also just wear them as sunglasses (even if the eye pieces are a bit large) so they would also work well with contacts or even if no vision correction is needed.
on July 18, 2014
Bought these b/c of someone else's review - they were using these as ski goggles for warm/sunny/no-snowfall days. This is what I used them for as well -- March and April skiing in Snowbird/Alta/Mammoth.
Definitely not the most stylish option (as someone here noted), and there are other shortcomings that I'll list shortly, but for $10 +/- couple of bucks this beats any similar Bolle or Smith product.

* PROS *
- Wrap around the face and fit comfortably over my regular glasses w/o too much pressure on the sides or the bridge. So these are actually OTG! They fit well with a helmet (including a Smith one, with a brim).
- Tight temple arms - one reviewer complained about this, but I found it to be an advantage for snowsports.
- Perfect for backcountry ski touring on a sunny day.

* CONS *
- The biggest problem was that the lenses POP OUT easily when I wipe them with a napkin or a piece of soft cloth by squeezing the lens from both sides. Occasionally (not as often) this would also happen when the googles were stored in my inner jacket pocket on in the backpack. Perhaps I'll try to remedy this next season by putting three-four drops of epoxy glue around the circumference of the frame on the inner side.
- A bit bulky when folded. But that is the nature of this wrap-around design. And they are none bulkier than any regular ski goggle. As one reviewer noted, an optional carrying case would help. I'll try to remember to check Burl.Coat Factory for cases.

In summary: simple very useful product with minor shortcomings for an unbeatable price.