- Minimum RAM: 1024 MB
VisionTek AMD Radeon HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 PCI Express HD Video Graphics Card (900338)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Supported configurations: (1) Dual link DVI-I, (1) single link DVI-D, ( 1) HDMI video and audio connector, (1) Single VGA (adapter required - included),(2) mini Display Port
- Provide fast frame rates and unbelievable image quality to give gamers every advantage and has the latest and greatest features like AMD Eyefinity technology, AMD HD3D technology and DirectX 11 support1,2
- Make video playback, editing and transferring content to portable media players fast and easy! Offers forward-thinking technology and incredible performance scalability.
- Incredible HD gaming performance with the latest games and DirectX 11 applications, AMD Eyefinity technology1 ,- Enable advanced system performance to help make video editing and transferring to media players/handhelds fast and easy!
- Windows 7 and the latest PC games. Supports HD and Blu-ray 3D movie playback
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics ―Get Radeon™ in Your System
Immerse yourself with AMD Eyefinity technology and expand your games across multiple displays. Experience ultra-realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance in true ―EyeDefinition with AMD’s second generation graphics featuring full Microsoft DirectX® 11 support. Enable incredible video quality and enhanced application performance with AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration technology.1,3 Get unrivalled graphics. Get Radeon™ in your system.
Performance rules the day for the ADVANCED PC USER sector, who desires the best available technology, enabling an incredible user experience on today’s most demanding applications and PC games.
The ADVANCED PC USER has multiple uses for his PC, ranging from serious entertainment to video (and other media) editing to advanced 3D gaming which requires high-end discrete (premium) graphics for an exceptional HD experience with today’s more demanding games and applications. ADVANCED PC USERS understand technology and expect their PC to deliver high performance and great visuals.
Designed to deliver the ultimate in immersive HD gaming/computing, AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series GPUs:
- Provide fast frame rates and unbelievable image quality to give gamers every advantage
- Offer the latest and greatest features like AMD Eyefinity technology, AMD HD3D technology and DirectX® 11 support1,2
- Make video playback, editing and transferring content to portable media players fast and easy
- Offer forward-thinking technology and incredible performance scalability
Designed to deliver incredibly immersive HD gaming/computing, AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series GPUs:
- Offer incredible HD gaming performance with the latest games and DirectX® 11 applications
- Make multi-tasking easy with features like AMD Eyefinity technology1
- Enable advanced system performance to help make video editing and transferring to media players/handhelds fast and easy
- Support Windows® 7 and the latest PC games
- Support HD and Blu-ray 3D movie playback
Unlike the competition, AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series GPUs:
- Lead with AMD’s second-generation of DirectX® 11-capable graphics, with support for rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance
- Enable DirectX® 11 gaming on up to three displays simultaneously, as well as Stereoscopic 3D gaming and Blu-Ray 3D playback with AMD HD3D technology, all from a single graphics card solution1,2
- Introduce AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration technology, enabling improved video image quality and application performance, as well as new graphics acceleration for video formats like DivX and DivX Plus HD.3
Get immersed with AMD Eyefinity technology1
- Expand your favorite games across multiple displays with AMD Eyefinity technology for an incredibly expansive field of view.1
- Get the freedom and flexibility to upgrade. This modular solution enables you to add more displays when you need them.1
- Get more done. Put your productivity into overdrive and let up to three displays put all the information you need right before your eyes.1
- Don’t choose between play and work. Let up to three displays help you enjoy games, movies and the web at the same time.1
Get amazing EyeDefinition graphics with DirectX® 11 technology
- Be ready for the hottest DirectX® 11-capable games with AMD’s second generation graphics with full DirectX® 11 support.
- With lightning-fast frame rates and ultra-realistic effects, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series enables an amazing HD gaming experience.
- Play your favorite games in full stereo 3D, and get incredibly rich and interactive gameplay with AMD HD3D technology.2
- With outstanding tessellation performance, AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics are designed to deliver the realistic detail that you deserve.
Speed up applications and enjoy brilliant video with AMD EyeSpeed technology3
- Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. Do more, faster. 4
- Maximize your online and Blu-ray video experiences with a new level of smooth visual quality with AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration technology.3
- Experience Blu-ray 3D as it was intended with AMD HD3D technology.2
- Take advantage of AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series graphics’ Dolby True HD and 3D HDTV support to create that theatre-quality experience.
What’s in the Box:
AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 System Requirements
1 AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems – the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase.
2 AMD [HD3D] is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos.
3 AMD EyeSpeed technology is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD’s Universal Video Decoder (UVD).
4 Requires application support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology. AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
5 AMD CrossFireX™ technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.
Top Customer Reviews
1. I'm now running circles around Unreal Tournament 3, Left4Dead 2, and Modern Warfare, which brings a big smile to my face. The real test will come later this year when I throw Deus Ex: Human Revolution at it (but I'm expecting it to perform admirably).
2. The VisionTek lifetime part warranty is outstanding.
3. Really like that the power connectors are on the top of the card, not the rear, which makes it much more accessible (though it may have been due to size constraints more than accessibility =) ).
4. I was pleasantly surprised at the visual styling of the card I received. It used a very cool red/black "racing stripe" motif, with rounded bevel edges for the heatsink/fan enclosure that was much, much sharper-looking than the image displayed on Amazon. I'd have no qualms displaying this puppy in a clear-panel case enclosure.
Be aware that if you're not running a quad-core CPU, you're really leaving a lot of this card's performance on the table.
The only cons I would give it are:
1. I'm getting some strange artifacting around the mouse cursor on dark-shaded backgrounds in Windows 7 64-bit. I don't know if it's an AMD driver issue or what, but it's mildly distracting.
2. This card is BIG. I think the total weight of my computer just doubled (exaggerating slightly, of course), but that's the price you pay for outstanding performance like this.
As I said though, overall very happy with the purchase. The 6870 is a powerful chip.
My only complaint is that the HD 6800 series cards are new and still do not support three-four displays unless the third and fourth are displayport connected. This caused me to spend another $30 on an Accell mini displayport to dvi adapter.
games i tried
( half life series, battlefield 2 bad company, team fortress, crysis demo, WoW, orange box )
Cons: Needs power source from my machine. Not a big deal for me, but I'd advise you check before you buy the card to make sure your computer has the plug. Only 1gb of ram
This card runs Battlefield 3 (The most performance demanding game on the market today) at a constant rate of at LEAST 50fps. Skyrim as well. Another big game I play is minecraft, which it runs at over 160fps sometimes. So to summarize this card is an absolute BEAST for the price. However, if you've heard of a tweak for Skyrim that improves render distance and shadows, the game will crash due to only 1gb of RAM, but if you go dual (which I will be soon) you should be able to play games (Especially Skyrim) with much improved render distance, and never crash ever.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this video card for 5 years and it still works great.Published 5 months ago by supersplicer
Amazing for PC , many costumiers buying with my services this brand , i only wish to get good services such thisPublished on December 15, 2012 by Ganiber
I was doubt about this card, but now i have three weeks with it and i'm so pleased! this in a great gpu card and it cost it's the correct!! Read morePublished on October 2, 2011 by ramiroquai78
this card is quiet and runs cool 1920 x 1200 max res all games full detail and res running dual moniters over DVI and HDMI
ive had better luck with AMD over nvidia, aloha... Read more
This card blows my old sapphire vapor-x HD 5770 out of the water, and i thought that card was amazing. I haven't found a game yet that I can't run at full settings.Published on July 10, 2011 by Cameron