Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Visionary Leadership Skills: Creating a World to Which People Want to Belong
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on June 18, 2001
This book is the result of a leadership project that started in 1988 and includes learnings from Dilts work for companies as Fiat, Apple and Pharmacia. This book applies the principles of several NLP models that Dilts has been developping over the years to the domain of leadership. This includes "neuro-logical levels" (alignment between mission, values and competencies/ going from vision to action / situating leadership models on their logical level, ...), "Walt Disney's creativity strategy" (creating the future, turning dreams into reality), several belief strategies (e.g. for assessing motivation for change), ... The formats, worksheets and exercises in this book are typical for Dilts and may be well known for those that have read some of this other books, but if you haven't read anything from him or you want to apply his work in the business world, this material will be very useful.
I can say that Robert Dilts is of the "Giants on whose shoulders I stood" when I started my work on the topic of emotional intelligence. When I started my company, "Acknowledge.net", I've been putting much of the content of this book into practice myself and developped some of my current thinking from there on. Studying with Dilts is even better, but reading the book is better than nothing.
Recommended reading!
Patrick E.C. Merlevede, MSc. -- author of "7 Steps to Emotional Intelligence"
on June 20, 2000
Dilts gives you creative and powerful tools for management. He takes you through the steps of becoming a visionary leader. From an idea or dream to engaging others in helping you create a vital organization, this book shows you the way. In addition to giving you the big picture for managing people; the book has assessment tools and exercises to improve leadership skills. I found it well written with easy to apply principles.
on August 24, 2003
If you are a manager and want to discover the secret of what leadership is and start your journey to that new dimension this is a great book to learn how to do it and guide you through the process. if you are a facilitator or a consultant it's a great tool to be used in your work with people and corporates. There is always some new insight that comes up every time you read it and you can develop with it an amazingly powerful frame in which anything is clearer and easier and ... POWERFUL!
I enjoy it any time I read it and have made all my people study it, and use it for my consultancy in corporates, with success and development for everybody.