Visol Storm High Altitude Wind Resistant Lighter, Black Matte
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stunning Black Matte Lighter; Works on High Altitude up to 10,000 ft
- Wind-resistant Coil Single Torch Flame; Built-in Compass; Clip for attachment to backpack; Fuel-level window
- Easy to Use Single Button Ignition; Waterproof with cap closed
- Butane Refillable Lighter with Adjustable Flame Intensity (Butane Not Included); Ships empty of butane; Comes in an attractive Visol branded Gift Box
- Approx. Dimensions - Length: 1.25 inches, Width: 3.75 inches, Height: 1.25 inches; Approx. Weight: 0.16 pounds
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
This butane refillable outdoors lighter features a wind-resistant torch flame, a built-in compass, butane level window in bottom along with flame intensity adjustment lever. It is waterproof when cap is closed. Clip on to your day pack using the built-in clip. A truly outdoor lighter, it is a great gadget that would work on high altitudes up to 10,000 ft (3048 meters).
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
First, the silicone seals are very delicate and extreme care must be exercised when screwing the end caps on to avoid "squirting" the seal out of it's seat or destroying it.
Secondly, the fill valve is a bit marginal & determining when the unit is full is not possible. After trying with several different butane can's, (and intentionally emptying the device) getting it properly filled is somewhat of a guessing game.
After two expeditions it has become abundantly clear that this lighter is non-functional above 8000-feet and extremely difficult to light above 6500-feet. Despite what others have stated, it simply will not function at altitude, (where a $2 Bic will).
Certainly functions as expected at low altitudes however dependency on such a device at higher altitudes is not going to end well for anyone who doesn't carry flint & steel everywhere they go.
Beyond that, the other negatives are nothing unexpected. The unit is bigger than I had expected & therefore not as convenient for ultralight hiking. The end caps are not particularly handy as they have to be removed for each use, (thankfully I don't smoke, so use is seldom).
Overall, I will keep and use it but if I had it to do all over again, it's a bit too much and a bit too expensive for what it is.
A waste of money and resources.
Most recent customer reviews
Its the only one I have found to date that can really take a plunge...Read more