Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on February 6, 2014
I got it mostly for a reference so that I could look up things quickly. For that it serves pretty well. When I got it, I noticed that each chapter is just copied from another book. Because of this, there is no additional or deeper thinking on each subject -- just cut and paste. That being said, the coverage is decent. But, for VB, if you really need to be a full-time developer, you will probably have to own a book for each topic you work with which might be the only way to get as thorough as possible for each.

As for the name: "Visual Basic 6 Compete", always regard a title with a word like "complete" in it with high skepticism. They rarely ever are.
on April 12, 2011
As with all huge books, it of course at least looks like a great bargain - a lot of book for not much money. This is likely my 10th or so visual basic book. I am actually starting to simply read it to see what new knowledge I might get. So far I have learned a bit. I am now on page 107 or so and will continue simply reading it till I can no longer take it. Each visual basic book seems to have things that others do not - so someone claiming complete - is not going to be right. But my guess so far is, that it is likely worth the money. I sell software on line by the way.
on October 11, 2014
If you're after exact Visual Basic I suppose this might be useful, but because it is from 1999 it is outdated in its relationship to the computer (e.g. Windows 98 operating system). I was also hoping for more examples of code--seemed scarce. Still it was hard to argue about the price.
on May 17, 2010
I am going with a neutral review for this book seller. The book was not what I thought it was but that's my fault, not the seller's. They say they shipped it the day after I ordered it but, due to the disruption of air service from the volcano in Iceland, it took a long time to get to me so I can't comment on their speed of service. The 3 people I dealt with (via email) were courteous and helpful so I'll give them full marks for that.
on June 16, 2013
the book was very useful, though i did not know as much going into as i should have. it help clearify things but also brought on other questions i had, luckily i bought another book for just that reason.
on October 3, 2013
I've never had a copy before, but I had a nervous breakdown and had to get out of the programming business. It's 10 years later now. Time to try again.
on September 19, 2015
Thanks
on November 3, 2014
Good book
on March 3, 2010
This book is missing things as basic as ADO, it does not mention controls like DTPicker, it isnt' t a real reference, and since is cheap is not even worth to return it
on November 23, 2001
Good general information, but not very detailed on any one subject. Good read if you are interested in many areas of VB programming but don't want to buy ten different books. After reading one section, if you are still interested, then you know to buy the full book on that one subject.