The Visual Guide To Extra Dimensions: Visualizing The Fourth Dimension, Higher-Dimensional Polytopes, And Curved Hypersurfaces Paperback – August 17, 2008
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Author
Readers appreciate that these books are dedicated to the geometry (and science) of a fourth dimension of space, without detours into philosophy and religion. (There are philosophical and spiritual books on the subject for readers looking for those topics.) Readers also appreciate the numerous illustrations, including a variety of unique perspectives (like the 4D graphs of curved hypersurfaces in Extra Dimensions Vol. 1, or possible 4D structures from a 4D world). They also appreciate the range and depth of the geometric concepts, without having to navigate through advanced mathematical expressions to enjoy contemplating them.
More books on the fourth dimension by Chris McMullen, Ph.D.
Available in both paperback and Kindle editions.
(1) A Visual Guide to Extra Dimensions, Volume 1. A clear, detailed introduction to the basic geometry of a fourth dimension of space. Packed with black-and-white illustrations.
(2) A Visual Guide to Extra Dimensions, Volume 2. Gets into the physics of a possible fourth dimension of space. Explores what is meant by an extra compact dimension of space.
(3) A Visual Introduction to the Fourth Dimension. Not quite as detailed as the books on Extra Dimensions, but in full color. The use of color helps to visualize the fourth dimension.
(4) Full-Color Illustrations of the Fourth Dimension, Volume 1. Packed with color illustrations of tesseracts and glomes. Each page includes images and a paragraph of text describing the concept.
(5) Full-Color Illustrations of the Fourth Dimension, Volume 2. Packed with color illustrations of tesseracts and glomes. Each page includes images and a paragraph of text describing the concept. Really shows you what it would be like to live in 4D space, from hyperchess to Rubik's tesseract to hyperhomes with hyperfurniture to hyperstairs to hypertelevision to hyperbowling to reading a hyperbook.
Popular science books by Chris McMullen, Ph.D.
- An Introduction to Basic Astronomy Concepts.
- Understand Basic Chemistry Concepts.
- The author has also published university-level introductory physics textbooks.
- The Improve Your Math Fluency series of math workbooks offers practice with essential math skills in arithmetic, fractions, decimals, percents, algebra, and trigonometry.
About the Author
- Item Weight : 7 ounces
- ISBN-10 : 1438298927
- Paperback : 166 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1438298924
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (August 17, 2008)
- Product Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.38 x 8.5 inches
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #190,424 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: