Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 3, 2011
I originally bought the Rosetta Stone package for my family to learn spanish. My wife did not care for it so much. A year later, I tried this product. My wife says it is so much better than Rosetta. I suppose it is different person to person. This one does seem to actually explain spanish in easy to understand terms. My wife loves it, and is actually motivated to learn. (anyone want a good barely used version of Rosetta Stone??)
6 people found this helpful
on November 5, 2011
This software is actually really awesome. BUT, the amount of material that you get is just not worth the money you spend. I definitely learned a lot but I could have rented cds and software from the library (in fact, I did) for free and learned all of the information I learned from this software.

If I had paid $30 or $40 I would be pretty satisfied. However, $80 is simply too much. To add insult to injury, most of the lessons that you pay for are available periodically for free on their website! AND, they send you a ton of junk mail, which I find incredibly annoying!

I recommend that people check out what their local library has to offer, and check out the free lessons available on the Visual Link website, before purchasing this software. I also recommend the "Learning Spanish with Michael Thomas" software (don't buy it; try to borrow it or find it online); the format is really fun and he gives you a lot of useful tips that really increase your vocabulary.
7 people found this helpful
on September 13, 2011
I love this product! It is so easy to work with and learn the spanish language. I have now purchased level 2 verbs and I will definitely purchase the level 3 edition soon.
on February 24, 2012
Did not download on my MacBook. This is old software they need to update! I think it is too expensive for what you receive.
on August 13, 2015
Beware... this company offers very little in the way of support. I purchased Levels 1, 2, 3, and Spanish Conversation. My most recent purchase was a year ago. Since that time, the company has updated the software and changed the software installation keys. As a result, all software purchased before the update is in the company's eyes invalid and they will refuse requests for new keys telling you that you must re-purchase the software. If you never have to reinstall the software, you should be fine, but if you purchase a new computer (as I did) and then try to reinstall your software, your installation key will fail. This is, in my estimation, a very dishonest practice. Be aware that this company, will refuse to re-validate your software. I suspect they will update frequently.
5 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2012
Not worth the money. They start at the arse end and difficult to use. In retrospect I should have bought a different package, though I don't know which one would be better. Should have spent the money on lessons, which I am going to have to do now anyway. Not recommended!!!!
on February 10, 2011
Visual Link is the best complete or comprehensive software based Spanish program that I have found. What I found most effective about this program is the method in which it enables you to quickly start forming lots of sentences simply by taking a group consisting of one or two verbs and a second group consisting of one or more verbs and then a third group of consisting of nouns. After the first lesson you will be surprised at how many new sentences that you can form. With each lesson, you will be adding more words to the groups and as a result you will find yourself quickly forming new sentences in Spanish.

I have recommended Rosetta Stone in some of my previous reviews but only because I hadn't discovered this software at the time. As a visual learner, I can say this software is a lot more effective than Rosetta Stone and more economical.

This software's interface provides plenty of instructions on how to use the software. But even without the detailed instructions, I am sure that you will find the use of this software self-explanatory. Another thing that I am sure that you will like about this software is that the narrator provides lots of tips and explanations about Spanish grammar, pronunciation, etc. For example, the narrator points out that the "r" in "quiero" sounds a lot like the English letter "d." The only recommendation that I have for this product is that I would have preferred a native Spanish speaker as the narrator instead of a native English speaker. That way I can be sure that I don't pick up his English speaking accent when he pronounces Spanish words such as "yo." But that's really a small grievance.

Visual Link also includes lots of quizzes not only to review and reinforce what you are learning, but also for you to assure yourself that you are making progress. Another feature that I am sure that you will find beneficial is that the course includes several audio CDs to help review the material covered in the software. I plan to take the audio from the CDs and put them on my Ipod for additional practice.

I should also add that if you want a learning Spanish program that you can use and also let your children use in order to learn Spanish, Visual Link is probably the best course available. My 12 year old niece enjoys this software as much as I do but she quickly became bored when trying to use Rosetta Stone software.

Here are some other products that I recommend for Spanish language learners. In order to speak Spanish fluently, you must also learn lots of new words. For increasing Spanish vocabulary, I recommend Quick Study-Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards-1000 cards You get 1,000 of these cards at an excellent price.

To speak Spanish fluently besides having a stand alone course such as Visual link Spanish as your base and a method to learn new Spanish words, you will also need to master conjugating Spanish verbs. The best product for that is the Verbarrator Version 1.1 (Windows Version) software. The Verbarrator software does a great job of replacing the boring Spanish verb conjugation books and makes learning Spanish verbs enough fun that you will want to use the software every day. And the more you use the tool the quicker that you will learn how to conjugate Spanish verbs and reach fluency. The Verbarrator is probably the best investment that I have made in my journey to learn Spanish because it is a product that I use almost daily.

The last product that I recommend for anyone who is really serious about learning Spanish is The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice w/CD-ROM (UItimate Review & Reference Series). This Spanish grammar book covers every aspect of Spanish grammar imaginable. To get the equivalent learning-Spanish value of this one book you would have to buy 3 or 4 books in the Practice Makes Perfect series
27 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Over the years, I've ordered several of VL's spanish programs directly from them when they've had sales. Many years ago, they had a customer service line, but no mas!
I personally think VL Spanish programs are excellent, but after you've spent your money, if you need help (i.e. downloading software)-- you're on your own.
All questions have to be answered via email ONLY. And guess what? If you send them too many emails, they'll BLOCK your IP address.
NOT nice!
So, they lose 3 stars.
8 people found this helpful
on October 14, 2008
This is an excellent program. Visual link provides CDs. You intall two programs to your computer that provide new vocabularly, a visual/aural way to construct new sentences by providing instant sentence structure, so you are speaking Spanish after the very first lesson, and pronouciation of the more difficult constantants/vowels, like the LL in Spanish. I had bought Rocket Spanish which is loadable to an IPOD or MP3 player, but found that only listening (I'm a visual learner) was not helping me understand the grammatical concepts or helping my retention.

Yes, you have to use your computer to review lessons but you have to do that with just about any program, including Rocket Spanish. You get CD's to listen to and a convenient carrying case. Keep those in the car. Each CD corresponds to a lesson. Review the lesson and complete the exercises for reinforcement, then listen in the car to learn aurally. The audio CD's review pronounciation and quiz you on recently learned concepts. I find that when I go back to my Rocket Spanish MP3 lessons that they now make sense because I can visualize the words and have a better understanding of the grammatical structure of Spanish. I find the computer based lessons more accessible than Rocket Spanish. But, the programs complement each other. I suggest ordering the free CD directly from the Visual Link website to get a feel for the program. Chances are you will get an email offer that will reduce the price to around $99 the same as Rocket Spanish. You will then get additional offers for Level II that reduce the cost by 50% ($49.99).

They now have Level II and a complementary on-line program that goes deeper into the grammar, prounciation, and conjugation of Spanish verbs.

As far as the one review stating you have CD's and this is a pain. Just load them onto your computer then upload them to your MP3. I find that simply popping them in to my CD player is great. Each time I start a new lesson, I think there is no way I can remember all this new vocabularly, but by the end of the lesson, I pretty much have everything stored in my memory bank! I really enjoy this program.
31 people found this helpful
on February 12, 2014
Sadly, this software and support has gone down hill since the president Dave S. Clark of Utah sold it to an overseas owner. Dave Clark did not inform his affiliates of many years of the sales sadly. The new owner provides poor support and the software itself is less than before. The new owner draws in sales from the affiliates that are not aware that they are no longer active. Company ethics then are non existent. They have lost their Better Business Bureau rating with complaints lodged, but the BBB is unable to contact new ownership. At your own risk!
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.