Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 12, 2016
When I first found Vitalicious muffin tops at the store, I was amazed at how wonderful they tasted while being so full of vitamins and minerals. This mix is just what I was expecting and tastes exactly like the kind you buy at the store in the frozen section. They are very chocolately, moist and don't leave you feeling weighed down like a comparable dessert would. I will note, however, that this mix (just like the store-bought muffin tops) are LOADED with fiber. Don't have too many or your digestive tract will never forgive you!
on November 23, 2009
These vitamuffins are absolutely yummy. I first bought the already made muffins at the supermarket for $5.00, quantity of 4. I thought they were delicious but didn't want to spend so much money on just 4 muffins. Then I found the mix on Amazon and thought it was absolutely worth the money. You get 12 muffins from each box which is twice as many muffins for about the same price and they're so easy to make, you can't go wrong. Just be careful when making them though, the box says to put the oven at 400 degrees and bake for 23-27 minutes but the first box I made got burned on the bottom when I listened to those instructions. The second box I made came out perfect. I pre-heated the oven at 300 degrees and when I put them in, raised the temperature to 325 degrees and baked for approximately 17-18 minutes, checked them once in between that time. I don't know if my oven just gets too hot or what but just keep an eye on them. Other than that, it's a great and healthy snack and if you're on Weight Watchers like I am, for 1 point a muffin, you just can't get anything better than that to satisfy that chocolate craving.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on September 21, 2012
If you've been purchasing the frozen packs of Vitatops from the grocery store this will be a welcome surprise. I bought this along with a whoopie pie pan, followed baking instructions kindly posted by an earlier review and just love them. Wrapped in waxed paper, popped into a freezer bag and ready when needed at far less cost than buying prepared. Buying through Subscribe and Save saves another 15%. As somebody trying to lose weight, these are a great low calorie, low WW point treat. OK, confession, a bit of peanut butter spread onto the top puts them over the edge.

One suggestion though, one that another reviewer has made as well. The baking times on the package are for a regular size muffins. If you make the muffin tops like I do, cut the baking time in half the first time you make them and keep an eye on them. They taste much better if they are slightly under baked. The first time I made them they came out a little dry....but still great!
on November 20, 2011
I discovered VitaMuffin in the grocery store a few years ago and have been hooked ever since! I'd buy them in the freezer isle and they'd come in a box of 4 for $5. Well, I moved to a new city and the frozen VitaMuffins are nowhere to be found... so I gave the mix a try. Not only are they so much less expensive this way, they are just as good and maybe even better than the store bought frozen ones! You just need egg whites and some mini chocolate chips (mix them into the batter & throw a few on top!). I bake them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes -- I think they would be overcooked if I baked them at the recommended 400 degrees. Freeze them, and when you're ready to have one - pop it in the microwave for about 25 seconds. YUM.
2 helpful votes
on September 4, 2013
These muffins taste great, easy to make, and the added nutritional benefits make these a great buy. The only negative is, of course, that they're a bit expensive. But for a reduced guilt treat, worth the price. Recommended.
Note: I called the manufacturer and the rep confirmed that the calorie count listed does NOT include the chocolate chips they say to add that aren't included in the box...Weird, right? Why say the recipe calls for you to go buy chocolate chips to add, but quote a calorie count that doesn't include them? The muffins don't need extra chips..they're very chcolately and taste. terrific.
on August 31, 2010
So I bought these because I started Weight Watchers and they are 1-point. I must say that they are quite good although not 5-star good. Some notes:

1. I made them both the way stated on the box and the way another reviewer suggested with egg substitute. They are MUCH better made with real egg whites as it says on the box.

2. I took other reviewers advice about the timing and would do about 350-375 degrees (my oven is old and strange) for around 22-27 minutes checking them with a wooden toothpick for readiness. Once done I would eat one and wait a bit for them to cool until putting them all in a freezer bag and storing them. Whenever I wanted one I would take one out and put it in the microwave for 25-30 seconds. Out of the microwave they tasted almost exactly the same as fresh out of the oven.

3. They are really easy to make. It takes about 5 minutes. I used just some standard muffin/cupcake tin I have lying around. I do not use muffin wrappers and instead just spray with pam or cooking spray.

4. This mix is INFINITELY better than the premade ones. I ordered them concurrently and after finish this review, I am now going to go over to the premade sampler pack I bought, Vitalicious Chocolate Super Sampler, 2-Ounce Units (Pack of 20), and give them a one star review. This is because I still have almost all of the premade ones in my freezer. I am never tempted to eat them. They taste like cardboard. Unfortunately, with the bake-your-own, I wake up in the middle of the night craving them.

5. Just a note for you Weight Watcher people. One of these = 1 point. Two of these = 3.5 points. So sad. It is hard to stop at one.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 20, 2010
WOW...What can I say, these are even BETTER than the already made version that you buy at the grocery store for over $5.00 for 4 muffins!!!!

They come together extremely easy. As another reviewer stated, the bake temperature is a little off. I bake mine @ 335 degrees for roughly 22 minutes and they come out MOIST as can be!!!! One package will make exactly 12 standard size cupcakes (I think of these more like a cupcake rather than a muffin).

Please, if you are a fan of Vitamuffins, DO buy the mix and not the already made 4 pack for tons of money. This buy is a way better bargain and even taste better IMO.

I hope they NEVER discontinue this product.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 10, 2013
2.5 stars really, because though it's not that bad I won't buy it again, and here's why... The mix doesn't quite have the taste and texture of the pre-made frozen vitatops, and so much sticks to the muffin paper that you end up with a tiny muffin. Tried with a "muffin top" pan also (not silicone, couldn't find one in stock) and they were difficult to pry out of the pan without crumbling. Somehow they aren't quite as much of a treat as the frozen ones. May work better with a silicone muffin top pan, if you can get one.
on March 18, 2010
I did not bake them for the specified time. I baked them for only 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven and then froze them immediately. When you take them out, microwave each one for about 35 seconds and it seems like you are eating fudge cake. I also mixed in a few chocolate bits into the batter as well as on top. Filling the paper cups half way it made about 12 muffins.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 31, 2013
As a person who loves baked goods, making these up as muffins really has saved my diet multiple times. Delicious, easy to make, and healthy describes this product well.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question