Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on September 19, 2016
Between cycling and hot yoga, I sweat. A lot. I've used a number of electrolyte mixes over the years and Vitalyte is my current favorite. It has more calories in it than some other electrolyte replacement mixes, but that makes it more palatable for me. Nuun tablets are convenient but they don't taste very good. Skratch Labs products are very well respected among cyclists, but I find them inconvenient to use. Their Mylar bag is a pain to seal up, it's dusty and I always seem to end up with a fine layer of it on my hands. Vitalyte comes in a simple plastic jar with a scoop. It dissolves completely in cold water with a little bit of shaking. Simple.

To be clear, I use Vitalyte Electrolyte Powder between intense exercise sessions. I could see drinking it on the bike, but at higher intensities I like one bottle of Cytomax and a bottle of clear water. In hot yoga I only drink clear water. It's just bad form to spill any kind of drink mix in a studio.

Vitalyte electrolyte mix was recommended to me by a sports rehab center that works with collegiate (SEC) and Olympic athletes. Their take was that cyclists are loyal to Skratch; everyone else likes Vitalyte. Both worked fine for me, but after using a container of each this summer I purchased a second tub of Vitalyte. And I'm about to buy my third (fruit punch) after this review and perhaps try one of their other products.
on July 5, 2016
This is a great product. I have been buying it from a local climbing/sporting goods business that you have to be a member in order to buy from them. Too much of a hassle for me now. It's cheaper and easier to buy it from Amazon and have it delivered right to my house. I buy about 6 of these a summer. It doesn't give you heart burn like the other ones. You can drink this hot or cold. Great for day hiking, camping etc. Do your research, kids like it as well. They can mix it at home and take it with them. The powder is tasty like Pixie Sticks. I brought some to work and shared it with the nurses in the child birth center. The moms loved it over chipped ice, or in a pitcher next to their bed.
on May 16, 2014
I find it keeps me energetic and able to keep up my activities. I use it every day. I teach line dancing and at 81 years keeping up with younger people is a major feat. I teach a class for 11/2 hours twice a week and go to dances for 21/2 hours every other week and sometimes more. I work in my yard and grow beautiful flowers. It is a great feeling to be able to still function at this rate at my age. Jean Carton
on January 3, 2017
I always add this to my water bladder when I hike. The taste is nice without being overly sweet. I do like during really warm/hot days that my electrolytes are being replenished as fast as I am sweating them out. I used to buy this at REI but they don't seem to carry it anymore. Glad I can still find it
on February 26, 2014
I am always searching for a natural sports drink for my 7 year old son to replace the mainstream junk he always wants to drink while playing soccer. He did not care for this, but I really like the light flavor. It is not overpowering or sickeningly sweet like others. When I am really thirsty, I don't like sweet drinks. I recently had a stomach bug for several days and drank Vitalyte to replenish fluids. It was really easy to drink despite not really having an appetite for anything. I just recently bought a tub for my sister-in-law that is pregnant and had a virus going through their house. They all gave it a thumbs up, too.
on April 10, 2015
Great product abd I re-order every few months! Been using it since it was only known as Gookenaid. I used to give classes with Bill Gooken, the founder (of Vitalyte) when we were staff instructors at a California OES Search and Rescue School. I specialized in Environmental Emergencies and his product was used by wilderness and mountain SAR teams all over the world!
on June 18, 2016
Gookinaid, the original name, is an outstanding electrolyte-replacement drink for all athletic pursuits. I have been drinking it for years. Same great energizer, just the name has changed. Now known as Vitalyte. Vitalyte is a better pH and chemical balance for immediate absorption in the body as compared to some other better known sports drinks.
on June 18, 2016
I've been using Vitaly tell for a few years now. First recommended by my acupuncturist and more recently by my OB as a good way to stay hydrated during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I like that is has less sugar than Gatorade and there are lots of flavors to choose from. I even mix it with hot water during the winter months.
on March 9, 2015
I have been using this product religiously for many years. I started using it when I was a roofer, and is the best thing I have found for staying hydrated during heavy physical exertion. It has a very mild flavor that is easily palatable at any temperature. I have found that it has just enough flavor to encourage me to drink 2-3 times as much water as I normally would.

It is also a magical cure for hangovers.
on September 20, 2016
I absolutely love this stuff. I used to by this from REI, but they have apparently stopping selling it, not sure why. This is 1000x better than Gatorade for helping to re-hydrate and is also killer hangover cure. Won't go camping in the desert without it.