Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vitamix 1732 TurboBlend VS Blender
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 17, 2011
If you're serious about using a Vitamix, you need the variable speed (VS). And I don't mean just high and low, but 1-10, in addition to high and low. With that, you can make cole sole in 2 seconds (no kidding!) and a lot of other things that you couldn't with more limitations, because different things require different speeds, sometimes increasing incrementally.

This is the same price, package and warranty that you get if you buy directly from Vitamix. I was tempted to rate it only 4 stars, because it is way overpriced. With an Amazon Store card, it's interest-free IF you pay it off within 6 months -- and that's vital, because whopping interest applies if you don't. Vitamix has a payment plan, too, but you have to pay more when you order and have only 3 months after that to pay it off. So Amazon's deal breaks it up into 6 smaller payments, which makes it the most affordable way for many of us to get one of these machines. There is nothing else quite like them. Blentec is the only other model to even consider, but I don't know if it has variable speeds, too.
88 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2011
Yes, the Vitamix is an expensive blender at $500. It simply can't be compared to any other though - it is an amazing product. All of the claims are true - you can put just about anything in it and turn into a consistent smooth liquid. To be honest I'm not a big veggie guy, yet I know the importance of consuming them - there is a ton of research that validates a plant-based diet is MUCH healthier than SAD (Standard American Diet). I've had the Vitamix for about a week and have had fun making fruit/veggie smoothies (that taste good - even with lots of green stuff!). The TurboBlend VS is the one to go for - the "cookbook" that comes with it is full of great ideas.
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2012
Wow, count me in as a newly minted VitaMix convert!

I just got delivery of my new VitaMix blender (to replace an NSF-rated KitchenAid Commercial blender [ahem, that's NSF, not NSFW...]) and immediately put it to work.

I threw in all that I could find, which was Kale, Celery, Carrots, Daikon, Cabbage, Ginger root, Strawberries, Pear, Apple, Orange, dried Apricots, Prunes, Flax seed, Psyllium husk, raw Almonds, raw Pine Nuts, Tumeric (ground), Ascorbic Acid, plenty of ice and some water.

I did leave out the Canteloupe; clearly no more room at the inn... (I had to force the lid down to allow it to snap back on.)

The initial mixture was mud pot thick. With the blades racing underneath at 240 mph the top of the mix sat insanely still, with just an occasional belch (signal?) of air slowly surfacing through the verdant depths.

Adding a bit of water did the trick, liberating the brew into a whirling pot of creamy veg and fruit. Not a trace of grit or seed left - everything was pulverized into a very enjoyable, and (mostly) healthy, shake. (Apple seeds do contain a trace of cyanide.)

So as good as the old KitchenAid was, it does't hold a candle to my new VitaMix. In the KitchenAid the same drink would not have been as creamy, with telltale bits of seed and fiber left behind. It's a bit of a splurge, but would've been much less so if I had bought it several blenders ago!

Recommended to all!
on March 22, 2012
I put off buying a Vitamix for the longest time because of the price but after two weeks I'm happy to say it's worth every single penny. I LOVE IT. It does everything I want including making green smoothies 6-7 times a week with lots of frozen fruit to perfect texture; makes the BEST creamy peanut butter I've ever tasted, it's so easy to clean, and I swear if it came with cables it could jump start my car, if needed.

Don't waste your time and money on any other blender. I'm vegan and this machine is made for how we love to eat. Oh, and keep the box it comes it 'cause that makes it easier to take on road trips.
on June 19, 2012
Because it's so powerful and versatile, it is worth the steep price. This comes with a ton of recipes for not only delicious smoothies but you can make soups in this also which get hot without cooking. This is so powerful it actually heats up the soup as it is being blended.

It's just so much fun to use. You can dump any and all vegitables together, into this almost whole, blend, and have fresh hot soup. I drink a breakfast smoothie every single day of my life. I put in one entire grapefruit, and entire orange, two scoops of N.R.G. Protein Powder, half a glass of soy milk, and a banana and sometimes a few blueberries or strawberries. I blend for about two minutes. What other blender lets you put in an entire orange? Or an entire small grapefruit? This is delicious and packed with nutrition.

I've been using this blender almost every day now for at least five years.
You clean it by putting in hot water, dishwashing detergent, and blending.

It comes with a tool to push the fruit and vegitables down onto the blades of this.
Most blenders when faced with several pieces of entire fruits or vegitables would
slow down or strain but not this baby. It's a powerhouse.

Recipes are available on the internet at the website for Vitamix.
[...]
Here is a sample recipe from the hundreds available on that site:

Preparation: 10 minutes
Processing: 30 seconds

1 cup (214 g) vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt or ice cream

1/4 cup (40 g) unsweetened strawberries, fresh or frozen, thawed

1/4 cup (40 g) fresh pineapple chunks

1/4 cup (60 ml) milk

1/4 (40 g) banana, peeled

2 tablespoons light whipped topping

1. Place first five ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Top with whipped topping. Serve immediately.

I usually put a couple of ice cubes in with anything I make in mine to make it
extra cold.

Here is one of my favorite hot soup recipes, no cooking needed! It's all healthy, except for maybe the taco chips, which I usually leave out. Kids love this soup too:

Processing: 6 minutes (Let the blender run for 6 minutes to heat up the soup)

1 (50 g) celery rib, halved
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon canned kidney beans
3 tablespoons canned corn kernels
1/4 cup (28 g) shredded lowfat Chedder cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups taco chips

1. Place all ingredients, except chips, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 5-6 minutes.
5. Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
6. Add chips through the lid plug opening.
7. Blend an additional 10 seconds and serve.

No one EVER returns these once they try them out. There is a super warranty
also for these, if I am not mistaken I think it is for seven years.
I'm not concerned it will break down however. If ever there was a quality built item
this is it.

Get one, try a few recipes and find out why people are happy they paid so much for a
blender. You really can't imagine how great this is until you use it.
I bought mine after seeing a demonstration of it in action at Whole Foods.
And I have loved using it ever since. You will love it too, I promise.
on April 18, 2012
I have had my Vitamix 1732 TurboBlend VS Blender for a month now.... I have used it everyday sometimes 2 times a day! It is amazing! My smoothies are just that... SMOOTH :-). I am leaving for Florida in a month and will have to bring it with me as I can not live without my Vitamix.
It was packaged so well... the box has a handle on it so I will rebox and carry that way. I did watch alot of you tube videos to get some good recipes.. the recipe book that comes with it is beautiful and lots of recipes. It also came with a nut bag that I will eventually start using to make fresh nut, oat and coconut milks. It is also so easy to clean... you can add water a drop of soap and put it back on the base and blend for 30 seconds and Voila it is clean! It also makes wonderful warm to very warm soups ( 5-6 mims). I love making the Robusto tomatoe soup I found on Blend it and Mend it You Tube videos. Anyone who decides that the price is too high will definitely change their mind once they start using it... I know I did! I consider this an investment in my health!
I make a 64oz Green Smoothie everyday and it last until dinner.
on May 14, 2012
After much reading on the subject and a personal testimony from a good friend I bought a Vitamix and went on a mostly "raw" diet. I have never felt healther and in 3 weeks have lost 10 lbs without even trying. The Vitamix makes prep so easy and the blended mixes are like velvet. Well worth the money. I consider it an investment in my health.
on June 1, 2011
So, my wife had to push for this pretty hard. So glad she did! This is an amazing addition to your kitchen! We make smoothies just about every morning and have also done some of the other fun stuff like hummus, salsa, and frozen drinks on the deck! Highly recommended!
on April 22, 2013
My mother has been feeding me vegetable juice from her Champion juicer since I was a kid, so when I got married she got me a Vitamix (already have a Champion). My wife and I did a bit of smoothie making with a traditional blender but leaned towards juicing. We flip flopped immediately after getting the Vitamix, and still are going strong a year and a half later. The smoothies are so, well smooth, compared to a traditional blender that it makes it a whole different product. I never realized how chunky and thick they were until you taste it from a Vitamix. Add in the simplicity compared to juicing, not to mention the fiber and lack of waste, and I'm sold. It'll chop up anything you put in it, and turns ginger into smooth liquid. We also use it to make almond milk, quickly and easily.

Easy to clean, love the variable speed option, zero issues after a year and a half of consistent use.

Honestly, before I owned one I never would have spent this kind of money on a blender. Now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one... if I didn't already own one.
on June 14, 2012
I got my VitaMix in the mail today and have already made one smoothie and a raw soup for dinner. This machine is amazing so far! Definitely a must in any raw foodie's kitchen. The VitaMix goes so fast that when I blended the soup it warmed it up for me. The total time it took me to make the soup: Less than 10 minutes from fridge to bowl. I'm so excited to see what this does. I ordered the VitaMix 1732 TurboBlend VS and it came with the blender, a recipe book, a nut bag, a tamper, and the 7 year warranty from the VitaMix company. I will report back if I have any problems or I have to take advantage of my 7 year warranty. No news from me is good news.