Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender, Brushed St..." and save 36% off the $599.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender, Brushed Stainless Finish
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Four pre-programmed settings - smoothies, dips & spreads, frozen desserts and power blends (for hearty greens and low liquid recipes) are specially formatted to deliver optimal processing times
- 20-ounce container is BPA-free, double wall insulated and Fits in most cup holders to quickly blend and go, plus 40-ounce container is BPA-free and blends Thick, hot, and frozen mixtures with ease
- Variable speed control achieves every texture from coarse to smooth, plus pulse feature chops quickly for easy ingredient prep
- "Personal blending" cookbook includes recipes for every meal from the Vitamix kitchen & the tamper has a collar to prevent it from hitting the blades
- Spill-proof vented lid with removable lid plug allows ingredients to be added while blending
- Laser-cut blades from hardened stainless steel deliver superior blends and Longer lifespan & metal drive system provides maximum durability and won’t wear like plastic.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender, Brushed Stainless Finish
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||FastSavings||Amazon.com||Deal Outpost||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Brushed Stainless||Black||Black||Brushed Stainless Finish||Black||Black|
|Item Dimensions||5.9 x 8.3 x 15.7 in||7.25 x 20.5 x 8.75 in||8.98 x 8.82 x 17.24 in||7.7 x 9.4 x 17.4 in||7.25 x 8.75 x 20.5 in||8 x 11 x 17 in|
|Item Weight||12.45 lbs||11 lbs||12.5 lbs||19.6 lbs||10.56 lbs||11.5 lbs|
|Material Type||Tritan||Not Applicable||Plastic||Plastic, Metal||Not Applicable||Tritan|
In addition to features like variable speed control, pulse, power blends setting, easy countertop storage, and two container sizes, the S55 has a Brushed Stainless finish and offers four pre-programmed settings to take the guesswork out of blending. These programs are specially formatted to deliver optimal processing times for smoothies, power blends, dips & spreads, and frozen desserts. Interchangeable blade base creates a variety of recipes and attaches easily to both containers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Juicer vs Blender:
Two years ago I purchased a juicer from a reputable company. It works well and does exactly what it states. The downside to juicers is they can be tedious to work with, clean up after, and you lose the fiber benefit. I enjoy my juicer but for me it is too cumbersome a daily use tool. The S55 is now my daily kitchen device.
Sometimes we all spend a long time deciding on devices or impulse buy and ultimately end up dissatisfied. The S55 was neither for me. I love it and am looking forward to spending 2016 (and beyond) making many new recipes to improve my health. Although I got this unit as a gift, my intention was to spend gift money on buying it. It may cost more other similar personal units out there, but after having used some of those other brands, the S55 is simply the most solid choice for me and my family. From smoothies to hummus to soups and sorbets, it will last for many years and spare me the troubles associated with other (foreign) brands. It has a great warranty (5 yrs and can be extended) and is made in the USA.
Pros: Small, solid (USA) made, quick, powerful, super easy cleanup! A real recipe book (not a 10 page pamphlet) is a plus!
Cons: Price (but well worth it!)
Add 1/2 frozen banana, and a few frozen mango chunks, and your liquids. I use 1/3 cup kefir, 1/2 cup chilled water. Blend just enough.
Now add frozen berries of your choosing, and as much spinach as you like or can cram in there. Blend again.