Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender, Brushed St..." and save 36% off the $599.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Vitamix S-Series S55 Personal Blender, Brushed Stainless Finish
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Four pre-programmed settings - smoothies, dips & spreads, frozen desserts and power blends (for hearty greens and low liquid recipes) are specially formatted to deliver optimal processing times
- 20-ounce container is BPA-free, double wall insulated and Fits in most cup holders to quickly blend and go, plus 40-ounce container is BPA-free and blends Thick, hot, and frozen mixtures with ease
- Variable speed control achieves every texture from coarse to smooth, plus pulse feature chops quickly for easy ingredient prep
- "Personal blending" cookbook includes recipes for every meal from the Vitamix kitchen & the tamper has a collar to prevent it from hitting the blades
- Spill-proof vented lid with removable lid plug allows ingredients to be added while blending. Electrical Ratings: 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 7 Amps
- Laser-cut blades from hardened stainless steel deliver superior blends and Longer lifespan & metal drive system provides maximum durability and won’t wear like plastic.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
In addition to features like variable speed control, pulse, power blends setting, easy countertop storage, and two container sizes, the S55 has a Brushed Stainless finish and offers four pre-programmed settings to take the guesswork out of blending. These programs are specially formatted to deliver optimal processing times for smoothies, power blends, dips & spreads, and frozen desserts. Interchangeable blade base creates a variety of recipes and attaches easily to both containers.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Juicer vs Blender:
Two years ago I purchased a juicer from a reputable company. It works well and does exactly what it states. The downside to juicers is they can be tedious to work with, clean up after, and you lose the fiber benefit. I enjoy my juicer but for me it is too cumbersome a daily use tool. The S55 is now my daily kitchen device.
Sometimes we all spend a long time deciding on devices or impulse buy and ultimately end up dissatisfied. The S55 was neither for me. I love it and am looking forward to spending 2016 (and beyond) making many new recipes to improve my health. Although I got this unit as a gift, my intention was to spend gift money on buying it. It may cost more other similar personal units out there, but after having used some of those other brands, the S55 is simply the most solid choice for me and my family. From smoothies to hummus to soups and sorbets, it will last for many years and spare me the troubles associated with other (foreign) brands. It has a great warranty (5 yrs and can be extended) and is made in the USA.
Pros: Small, solid (USA) made, quick, powerful, super easy cleanup! A real recipe book (not a 10 page pamphlet) is a plus!
Cons: Price (but well worth it!)
PROS: the blending power and relatively little noise of this unit make it worth the $ for me. I've been struggling with Kitchen Aids my whole life. SO happy I didn't get anything bigger. Its the perfect counter top size, weight and height. Anything those huge models can do, this can do. The personal blending cups are AMAZING!! I get that they feel different than holding a regular cup. That is because they are not regular cups. They are magical, dish washing reducing and spill preventing in the car cups. As long as you screwed the lid on correctly and clicked the lip cover all the way shut, nothing is coming out. Which my husband appreciates when he's driving to formation in his PTs or ACUs and cannot be looking like a clumsy dork in front of his soldiers. Seriously, this design is amazing. If I have totally botched his drink, he can just hand it back to me in the cup and I can re-blend and fix. No transfer spills, or extra cups to wash or over filling the container. Cleaning the blades is super easy and not hazardous to your fingers. I'm a huge clean freak and HATE seeing little bits of potenial germ food left on the blades or in the container. With this desgin you can easily submerge the blade assembly and get everything out without having the whole giant thing rattling around in your sink (I think this was way too much $ for the dish washer, just me). The lid stays put when you want it to and comes off easily when you want it to. The tamper it comes with works perfectly and cleans easily. All the materials feel very high quality and are attractive to look at on the counter.
Sort of a CON: the only thing I'm a little concerned about is the rubber seal on the bottom of the 40 oz container. I keep seeing bits of what I am blending on the top threads where the blade assembly screws into the base of the container. I ran into this issue making margaritas. I do not think it has leaked yet (its hard to tell when condensation has developed on the sides from blended ice and can look like leakage) but I get the feeling it will eventually. Maybe its just unnerving, but normal based on the design to see what you are blending in the very top ridges. When I use the 20oz cup, no problem at all. Nothing makes it into where the blade assembly screws into the cup. At first I thought it was operator error and maybe I just wasn't screwing the large container on as tight as the other one, but the same thing happens when Hubby screws the base on for me. Like I said, I do not think anything has actually leaked yet, but its weird seeing foods in the top threads through the clear container. For the $, I would expect not to see anything in the threads.
Over All: wait for a sale if you can, but this is SO worth the $. Even with a little leakage (which is hypothetical at this point) this unit makes my mornings so much more pleasant. I highly recommend.
Add 1/2 frozen banana, and a few frozen mango chunks, and your liquids. I use 1/3 cup kefir, 1/2 cup chilled water. Blend just enough.
Now add frozen berries of your choosing, and as much spinach as you like or can cram in there. Blend again.
So far I love this machine and use it everyday
UPDATE: for some reason this machine will leave chunks of frozen fruit in the blender attachment- it doesn't get sucked down like the regular vitamix. This didn't happen with my nutribullet either, but what it does blend is still really smooth. I don't really mind but it seems strange for a vitamix machine-taking off a star.