Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Vitamix Turboblend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor
|Price:||$378.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-speed blender with thermally protected 2+ peak horsepower motor
- Stainless-steel enclosed blade assembly with sealed ball bearings
- Clear 64-ounce non-toxic polycarbonate container; locking lid and plunger
- Easy-to-clean front panel; full-color recipe book included
- Measures 7-1/4 by 8-3/4 by 20 inches; 5-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item Vitamix Turboblend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor
Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed B004VMAC8I
Vitamix 1300 TurboBlend 4500 B0000YRJT6
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cooking Toys||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Harvest Essentials|
|Item Weight||13 lbs||10 lbs||11.95 lbs||13 lbs|
|Item Dimensions||8.75 x 7.25 x 20 in||8.75 x 20 x 7.25 in||7.25 x 17.25 x 8.75 in||Information not provided|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Both are great blenders. Comparison of differences:
1) Motor - Blendtec has a more powerful motor. Noticeably more powerful - 3 HP vs 2 HP.
2) Construction - Blendtec is not as substantial in construction. Vitamix feels more heavy-duty, and is heavier. Vitamix will not rock and shake as much. Both are made in the USA with BPA-free containers.
3) Noise level - I don't notice that much difference. Maybe Blendtec is a bit louder, but it doesn't bother me.
4) Controls - There are more controls on the Blendtec - slower/faster, pulse, and preprogrammed selections. For example: Smoothies is one of the preprogrammed selections. So this means the Blendtec will alter its speed on its own in order to make sure items get blended that might otherwise stay bouncing around on top. It is optimized for each setting. You can do the same thing manually with the Vitamix with the spin dial that controls speed. Physically the Vitamix manually spin dial is easier to use. The Blendtec has a digital counter to tell you how many times you have used it.
5) Warranty - the Vitamix warranty is longer - 7 years on ALL parts that can be extended to 10 for an extra cost. Blendtec is normally only 3, not including the containers. This can be extended to 7 at no extra cost if purchased at Costco. The Vitamix had to have its motor replaced once. They were happy to do it and paid for shipping BOTH ways. Customer service was excellent. I can't evaluate this yet for the Blendtec since I haven't had it long enough, but the warranty does not cover shipping both ways.
6) Height - the Blendtec is shorter and fits easily under the cabinets in the kitchen. The Vitamix, at 20.5 inches, does not.
7) Containers - Both are BPA-free. The design of the Blendtec containers, while less substantial, is better. Wider instead of taller, they are easier to clean and easier to get food out of. Plus, this design lends itself to better performance.
8) Performance - the Blendtec will spin and pulverize thicker food even when the Vitamix will sit there and spin with nothing moving on top. The Vitamix requires a bit more work in those cases. If the liquid is thinner, the Vitamix does not do this and spins fine. The Blendtec 4 qt 4 inch blade container is better in this regard even than the 3 qt 3 inch blade container. I don't have to push the food down much at all with the Blendtec. However, with the bit of extra effort, the Vitamix will end up blending just as well as the Blendtec.
9) Splashing - the Blendtec definitely splashes food more in the container than the Vitamix. Be sure to keep that lid on the Blendtec.
10) Guarantee - The Vitamix accepts a return within 30 days and pay for your shipping back:
"You get FREE return shipping as part of the Vitamix 30-day NO-RISK trial. Call Vitamix at 1-800-848-2649 for a pre-paid return shipping label. Contact Customer Service at 1-800-848-2649 option #2 to receive a Return Authorization Number."
Blendtec says this about their return policy:
"Any item purchased on [...] that is returned within 30 days of purchase is subject to inspection prior to a refund or credit being given. Shipping fees are non-refundable and in some cases a usage or restocking fee may apply. If a return is near the end of the 30-day satisfaction guarantee period, we ask that you please call a customer service representative so we can document what product is being returned. No refunds will be given after 30 days."
I have enjoyed them both. Both are great products. I like the Blendtec a little better in terms of performance, but the Vitacost did a good job, too. Vitacost customer service was really excellent.
We use our Vitamix primarily for smoothies and milkshakes, and have learned that as long as there is some liquid in the container with the ice cubes and frozen bananas it will blend all into a smooth drink with ease.
The machine is loud for sure, not something you can hold conversation over, but we've noted that it blends so quickly, that the moments it takes to liquify are over before we've forgotten what we would have said anyway.
Clean up is also amazing with the Vitamix. As the Vitamix reps demonstrate, all we've done to clean it up after is wipe down any smoothie residue on the outside of the spout, fill container 1/3-ish of the way up with warm/hot water and a drip of soap, then blend on high for 30-ish seconds. Every month or so I DO wash a bit more thouroughly with maybe a drip of bleach and a scrub brush. One thing to consider though, is the longer you leave your container dirty the harder it will be to clean after. If you just rinse right away, you're golden.
I cannot rave more highly about this machine. I'm sure that the multiple hundred dollar price tag is a turn off to most if not all, but consider the time saved as well as more options for healthy beverage alternatives! We've loved our Vitamix and you will too!
I will add my Aunt who is well into her 90's and always advocated good health, has had one of these for as long as I can remember. She points out that she is the last one alive from her high school class and swears its because she always took vitamins and bought her Vita-Mix. I can remember her making my cousins and me what they now call "smoothies", back then they were just drinks. I am glad I picked this machine, it is very efficient and I feel, worth the money since it has a proven history. Buy the way, its made in the USA!!!