Fritz Chess 13 [Download]
- Take your chess game to a higher level with FRITZ CHESS 13! Whether you're a chess beginner or professional Grandmaster - the most popular chess program is packed with new features and functions that offer chess players everything they could want!
- Features over 1.5 MILLION chess games
- Enjoy amazing 3D graphics, chess rooms and virtual opponents. Fritz Chess 13 will automatically adjust its playing strength, offer coaching functions, explanation of chess positions, automatic game analysis.
- JOIN THE COMMUNITY! The revolutionary new Let's Check feature allows players to join a giant, world-wide, community knowledge base for chess. Analysis and information from the top chess engines in the world in the blink of an eye!
- With amazingly detailed 3D boards and graphics, access to the world's largest chess server, and much more
- Features over 1.5 MILLION chess games - plus over 10 hours of exciting video instruction featuring famous world champions that will show you step by step how to win!
- JOIN THE COMMUNITY! The revolutionary new "Let's Check" feature allows players to join a giant, world-wide, community knowledge base for chess. Analysis and information from the top chess engines in the world in the blink of an eye!
- FRITZ CHESS 13 allows players of all skill levels to PLAY THE GAME OF KINGS AS KING OF THE GAME!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
TAKE YOUR GAME TO A HIGHER LEVEL with FRITZ CHESS 13 and experience its array of exciting new features! Take your game into the cloud and enter a virtual world of chess where players of all abilities can play and train using the revolutionary new functions!
Whether you’re a chess beginner, club player or professional Grandmaster, FRITZ CHESS 13 has it all! The top-ranked Fritz Chess engine adjusts its playing strength automatically, offers coaching at all levels, explanation of chess positions, color coded danger warnings, openings statistics, automatic game analysis and training modules for openings, tactics and endgames -- not to mention a database of over 1.5 MILLION games!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY! “Let’s Check” is a revolutionary new feature that allows players to join a giant, world-wide, community knowledge base for chess. Whenever you analyze a position in depth with your chess engine Fritz 13 can send the main line and evaluation to a central server, to be shared by all participating users. Instantly get deep analysis for almost every position you analyze by the finest chess engines, running on the most powerful machines around. You will see the analysis of different chess engines and compare their results in the blink of an eye!
FRITZ CHESS 13 offers chess players all the world class tools they need to study, train, and play: a new and more powerful chess engine, especially tuned for deep analysis; an enhanced ergonomic interface; detailed 3D boards and graphics; engine management; adjustable playing strength;, coach functions; move explanation; automatic game analysis and commentary; training modules for openings, tactics and endgames; over 1.5 million chess games; ten hours of video instructions by grandmasters; access to the world’s largest chess server: Playchess.com; and much more!
|OS:||Win 7, Vista and XP|
|RAM:||512 MB RAM|
|Hard Drive:||3.3 GB|
|Video Card:||256 MB, DirectX® 9 compatible|
|Additional Info:||Windows-Media Player® 9; Internet Access|
Platform: PC Download
Top Customer Reviews
- I found 2 error messages before starting my first game and had to uninstall and reinstall everything. The installer offers lots of nice options to minimise the products footprint but unless you accept the default full installation it crashes during use.
- I found another bug within the first hour and keep finding bugs like docking windows that won't close, option selections that are deselected mysteriously become selected again, ticking clock sound that does not stop until you kill the application.....
- The interface comes with a built in Heckler. Someone who jokes and criticises every move (not in a constructive way).
- Lots of extra stuff you don't need but not even basic stuff like announcing check or showing the material taken (although it does show material advantage)
- I thought that this program would come with lots of configurable chess boards and pieces but there are only 5 2D board layouts and 19 3D board layouts. That may sound alot but they are just slight variations on the same piece design.
- The training is dismal, a kind of hit and miss guessing game. Nothing like ChessMaster.
- The "Openings Tutorials and PDF eBook" is just a help file for the program in PDF format (231 pages) with the last chapter (18 pages) covering the basics of chess (i.e. how to set up the board, how the pieces move etc. There is no tutorial on chess here)
I am sure people in the know buy Fritz for its chess engine. But it is marketed as a Chess Tutorial. On that basis this product is rubbish and not worth your time. If the postage back to America wasn't on par with the cost of the product I'd send it back in a heartbeat.
I received The Fritz chess 13 in the mail and was unable to load the disc on a Window XP operating system or a window 7 operating system. I will be returning it for a refund.
The following Error occurs on both operating systems: " The installer package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor that this is a valid windows installer package"
I strongly recommend to stay away from this version of fritz.
This is a RIPP-OFF, a wast of time and money. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED