Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2017
Kit was OK, but one of the two Vivitar batteries I bought would not hold a charge. I have several different brands of the NB-6L batteries (including an OEM Canon), but I've never had a problem with ANY of them except this Vivitar. I would not buy them again.

UPDATE: I'm updating my review to five stars. The vendor had seen my initial 1-star poor review and offered to replace the bad battery. The replacement works well. So, the vendor was excellent, and the batteries work fine. I would buy these again based on this experience. I want the vendor to know that I appreciate them going the extra mile for me.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 8, 2015
Ehhh, that's really what I have to say about these. I bought a Canon SX700HS open-box from Best Buy at a great price, but it came without a charger or a battery, and since I gave my mom my old SX700HS, I had no NB-6LHs or NB-6Ls anymore. I have Vivitar NB-5Ls for my S110 and NB-10Ls for my SX50, and I've also bought the NB-6LHs before, for the old SX700HS. These, however, are not up to par. They seemed to drain really quickly and I could barely get 100 shots each, without flash, using the same settings, not adjusting zoom, or anything, mostly taken in succession, when I used to easily be able to get 300+ shots. I know I can do that with the NB-5L, and that is a similarly-sized battery. This is supposed to be a 1700 mAh battery, but it's not performing like it.

I had to return the SX700HS, because I was comparing to my S110, since I thought the colors were off, and the return period was about to expire (yay open-box and not "ruining" a new camera, right? Too bad I couldn't afford to keep it!). Then, right after, I found an open-box S120, YES! That also takes the NB-6LH, and now I know it's the batteries themselves and not the camera draining the batteries, since this camera is eating them even more quickly, which makes sense, since it's a little more power-hungry than an SX700HS in general. Now I don't think I'm even getting 100 shots, so I'm going to swallow the cost of an OEM Canon...until I go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving in a few weeks and steal back one of 2-3 OEMs that I gave my mom (they live 1400 miles away or I'd just go take one from her!).
VINE VOICEon May 5, 2016
These batteries are rated at 1700 mAh, the original Canon NB-6L battery that came with my camera is rated at 1000 mAh. That is 70% more battery capacity (per battery). My picture taking capacity has greatly increased with these batteries, and I don't suffer from "Dead Battery-itis" anymore. They are a great value also. Two batteries, a charger and the cleaning accessories cost less than half the price of a Canon branded NB-6L battery alone. The charger is a little chunkier than the charger that Canon supplies, but the Canon charger can not be used to charge batteries with a 12V DC Car Charger.
Technical Stuff:
Milliamps Hour (mAh) rating is the easiest way to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The mAh rating is an indication of how long a battery will last per charge. The higher the mAh rating, the longer the battery will last before needing to be recharged. Batteries with different mAh ratings are interchangeable.
on June 29, 2014
I bought this for my Canon S90 since my cheap rip off extra battery gave out but the original is still going strong. Before I took this battery out, I tested it by turning on the video and seeing how long it would record. My used/original canon NB-6l went for 138 minutes. One of the vivitar went 81 min the other 60 min. All were charged to 100% on the same charger and used in the same camera. So the vivitar is below OEM capacity even though they say its higher. The problem is most canon nb-6l look legit but are rip offs. Make sure you have the hologram if you buy one. In the end I got 2 vivitar batteries for under $30 vs spending $59 at the canon website. Since my dive sessions are under an hour any way these will work. Too bad they lied about the capacity and not even consistent between two batteries.
on April 11, 2017
I have a Canon PowerShot and I recently moved and just can't find my batteries and charger. It would be faster and cheaper to just buy this kit. Boy did I get a great deal! I had no idea it includes a cleaning kit. Plus free same-day-out-the-door & 2-day shipping, "Digital Goja" is a great seller! The only thing you need to worry about is smart alec people pointing out how outdated you are using a digital camera. Phones are for phone calls!
on April 14, 2014
I ordered these batteries to use with my new Canon 700SX. They arrived in the same package with the camer, very quick delivery. I have chared them up with the original battery supplied by Canon and find them to work perfectly. I recommend the battery and the provided. The packaging was easy to open.
on May 29, 2014
I am always a little skeptical when I order a third party product. Far too often there seems to be a 'small' glitch in the product. This product is a refreshing change. It is as described and more. Priced significantly less than the OEM's product, and it provides more. The contacts for charging the battery are located on one side of an end, Vivitar has designed the contacts on the charger so even if you put the battery in upside down, it will charge. The batteries are 1700mAH, the charger has a DC auto connector and a Euro adapter. They have all of the bases covered. I purchased the batteries for a Canon PowerShot SX510 HS, the batteries work fine and beat the OEM's. The cleaning kit, is great, I have several, but this package made setting the camera up in a bag really simple, I don't need to transfer a cleaning kit from one bag to another. I could not be happier.
on February 8, 2016
Excellent buy. We just bought this new Canon camera and we love it, but it tends to gobble up the battery in a hurry. It's WIFI connected so when uploading files (specially videos) it takes quite a while and if you forget to turn it off, it just stays connected so I found myself running the battery down. Started shopping and found these and thought for the price I would give them a try. They are awesome and seem to last as long as the stock battery. Nice to have two extras now. I highly recommend them, can't beat the price. The Magic Fiber cleaning cloth was a nice bonus as well.
on April 21, 2014
I am very pleased with this seller (Digital Goja), and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the item I purchased from this seller. The battery life of the Vivitar NB-6L battery was phenomenal in my new Canon SX700HS. In fact, I was able to take just short of 500 photos while using this battery; I have never been able to do that using the Canon NB-6LH batteries. I highly recommend this product and seller. I do plan to purchase a few more of these batteries to replace my Canon NB-6L batteries.
11 comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
These batteries are a decent value for the price. However, the capacity listed on the battery - 1700 mAh - is grossly exagerrated. The original equipment Canon NB-6LH is rated at 1060mAh. Using a freshly calibrated SmartWeigh scale (also purchased from Amazon) I compared the weights of the two batteries. The Canon weighs 21.5 grams. The Vivitar weighs 18.9 grams. So in spite of weighing 12% less, the Vivitar claims 60% more capacity. Again, these are a decent value for the money, but buyers should be aware of the overstated electrical capacity. Unless Vivitar is utilizing some sort of breakthough proprietary Li-ion formula the claimed electrical capacity is inaccurate.