Vivitar VIVICAM-6200W 6.0 MegaPixel Underwater Camera with 4x Digital Zoom 2.0" LCD
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Image resolution up to 2816 x 2112 with 4x digital zoom
- Specifically designed for divers to take brighter, colorful pictures underwater up to 30'
- Records movies up to 320 x 240 at 24fps
- Uses 2 AA alkaline or NiMH batteries and SD memory up to 1GB
- Includes 2 AA alkaline batteries, hand strap, USB cable and software
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||3 x 8.25 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||2.01 pounds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||6 MP|
|Shipping Weight||1.81 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
- Video mode with sound (which also works well underwater)
- Photo quality in daylight situations is very good
- Case is well designed (2 latches to keep the battery/SD card compartment dry - it shouldn't have any problems while snorkeling as long as the rubber seal is ok)
- Low price
- Decent battery life, it'll last a 1-2 hour snorkel trip on AAs
- Case included
- SD card slot (I recommend buying at least a 1GB SD card)
- The picture does not display after you snap a photo (it just shows a blank screen after you take a photo)
- No zoom (digital zoom is available but not recommended)
- Low light performance is ok, could be better
- Video mode is only 320x240 AVI format. So don't plan on playing the video back on a TV. The quality won't be good enough.
- Microphone doesn't work well above water. Further than 6' away, don't expect the microphone to pick much up.
- No Optical Zoom!!! This was a big drawback. The only zoom is digital and it ruins the picture quality. You're better off taking the picture with no zoom and then cropping your photos in a photo editor later.
- Large & Heavy... this isn't a take-anywhere point and shoot.
- Low-light pictures don't come out. In low light situations (indoors, sunrise, sunset, night, etc.) the Vivitar doesn't focus. Even using the camera's preset features, I still can't find a way to take good low-light pictures.
- Works GREAT underwater for photos and video. The buttons are easy to use underwater and the camera didn't leak once.
- The microphone that doesn't work well above water works great underwater. I picked up sound on my videos of boats and other divers that I don't remember hearing at the time.
- Good price. For the price, I couldn't find a better waterproof camera out there.
- Durable. I wasn't intentionally trying to harm my camera, but I did bring it places that I would never consider bringing my high-end Kodak. It kept on taking pictures and videos and asking for more.
- I've seen in several places where the camera only supports 1GB SD cards. I used a 2GB card with no problem.Read more ›
So I contacted Vivitar for a replacement. Although I had to be transferred from outsourced customer service, with lengthy hold times, I eventually spoke with someone stateside in the returns department. I was given instructions for returning the camera for REPLACEMENT, and did so at my own expense. A little over 2 weeks later I received my EXACT same malfunctioning camera BACK with nothing more than a post-it note stuck to it that read, "NDF"?!?! I phoned Vivitar for an explaination. Once again there was the tangle of transfers and long hold times, and I finally got connected with an extremely rude individual in the California based returns department. I was told that they do not replace cameras and that nothing was wrong with the camera I sent them! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was HUNG UP ON! Upon trying to phone Vivitar back, I again went through the obstacle course of long hold times, disconnections, explaining my situation again and again to outsourced customer service agents, transfers, and FINALLY connected to the SAME rude individual in California! I asked for the supervisor once more but was never connected with them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
! have had it for 5 years. I bought it to take to the beach. It worked well and I was able to take pictures underwater. Read morePublished on May 12, 2014 by Jerome E. Shidel
This camera takes underwater photos! It was taken to camp by my teen and I got to view all her friends as they swam in the poolPublished on December 13, 2012 by K. M. Filkins-Sanders
I used this camera for 4 snorkeling trips. The picture quality is fair. Lithium batteries are highly recommended. Read morePublished on March 13, 2010 by H. deleon
Got 1 day's pictures out of the camera. Never submerged it beyond about 6 inches. Didn't notice the water in it until it wouldn't turn on when we went snorkeling (why we brought... Read morePublished on September 28, 2009 by Sarcasmo
This has got to be the bast purchase ever for an underwater adventure (at least in it's price range). Read morePublished on September 21, 2009 by K. Walia
I bought this camera in mid June for a family vacation we took in August to Florida. I was looking forward to filming Manatee in the clear waters along the west coast,... Read morePublished on August 26, 2009 by D. Tile
We purchased this camera shortly before our once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Galapagos Islands. The controls were easy to learn, and the ability to switch between still photos and... Read morePublished on August 12, 2009 by Diane McHutchison
I wanted an inexpensive waterproof camera for the beach. After checking out the cost of a disposable camera coupled with the cost of developing and printing the pictures, I... Read morePublished on July 31, 2009 by C. Bennett
I just got this camera for my birthday and it takes great pictures and short movies anywhere, even underwater! Read morePublished on July 14, 2009 by charles