Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 192 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 212 reviews
on August 11, 2016
I loved this tripod. Before the tripod's screws lost their teeth this tripod was amazing. It was incredibly light, so I sometimes slung it around my shoulders and did not feel like I had it on me at all. The tripod can go a decent high amount, having three lock points on each leg and an adjustable neck. The level was handy when you needed to make the camera level, plus the ability to adjust the x,y,and z axis worked perfectly for my time lapses, group photos, etc. Not to mention the tripod was very stable, but not stable enough that it was easily moved. What I really loved is that I used this for my phone. I had a phone spring holder with the screw bottom and worked perfectly for vlogs + timelapes

What I didn't like about the tripod:

Actually, not much to say in this section. One thing was that the whole thing is made of lightweight plastic. This meant it was good if I wanted to carry the tripod around me, but not for sturdiness. The legs are easily bendable, so if you unlatch the leg locks and push down to compress all of the legs fast (This is the lazy way, which I did) then you had the possibility of actually bending the legs. This happened to me, and it was jammed until I rebent it to its original shape. Another thing was the triangle folding thing, the three plastic support in the middle that separates the legs, doesn't lock like some tripods. The only way is to lock it is extending the tripod legs fully out. Plus you can't add extra weight since there is no hook. Another thing is it can't hold a DSLR like the Nikon D5100 if you point the lense all the way up. In the regular level position, maybe. In my experience if you want to capture the sky above you to get star photos the tripod just tips over. Last thing was there's no way to screw the camera without turning it directly. You would have to take your camera and turn it on the screw mount. Some tripods have screws which you hold the camera and screw the screw to get perfect position

Besides the negative things this camera worked perfectly for me when starting to do photography, vlogging, and timelapses a lot. If you are looking for a cheap, starting out, long lasting tripod to use try out this one. But if you use a dslr then you might have some trouble with balance and stability.

5/5
on May 9, 2014
This tripod extends surprisingly high considering how small it folds up. While the legs and supports are slim, they are not flimsy. It's probably not sturdy enough to hold an SLR, but my Canon Vixia HF R400 HD camcorder and my Fuji W3 3D still/video camera don't strain it one bit. I thought it was a good deal when I bought it last week for $15, but now that it's $12, it's probably the best bang for your buck in tripods. I've had other tripods that were 3 times the size and weight of this unit that were no stronger. Highly recommended, I'm considering picking up a second.
on November 16, 2011
Considering the price of this camera stand, it is worth it. Yes, as others have mentioned the head doesn't move smoothly, but since I just use it for still shots with a digital camera, it isn't a problem. The camera stand is compact enough to fit in my backpack during a day of hiking and extends to decent length. This is the perfect stand for someone that is tired of propping their camera on books, rocks, tables or other items they can find! My classmate checked out a camera stand from my college (that wasn't even built as well as this one)and they charged him $150 when one of the legs broke. With this one costing about $9, you won't be out much if you damage it!
on December 23, 2015
This was the WORST product I have ever bought online through Amazon, Sold them to a good customer, and upon seeing the Vivitar VPT-1250 at their facility, I was embarrassed how much of a P.O.S. this tripod actually was. I bought a BUNCH of them, and offered to refund the customer the full amount, as the tripods can barely even support the weight of a consumer grade digital camera. What, a joke... had I read a review like this one, I NEVER would have purchased them. The end customer didn't complain, but I could tell he wasn't thrilled. This product is CRAP! No wonder it says: ****Vivitar VPT1250 50-Inch Tripod (Black/Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)*****

How anyone else can give more than a "one star" is beyond me. If your camera weighs 3 ounces, well and the wind is less than .01 MPH, then this tripod might be OK.... other than that, don't waste your money.
on April 26, 2014
OK, so I read the reviews and the description, but I was still a bit shocked when this tiny thing arrived.
Positives: I've seen some crusty reviews on here but my experience is that this is nice, in the right context.
Incredibly light and small, but extends out easily and is really pretty sturdy for the spider-like final tripod extensions. I did set it up outside to support my Tascam recorder and the wind started to catch it pretty quickly - I mean this thing is paper-light so you will have to keep that in mind and anchor if needed. Bubble level, quick release, after playing with this a bit I can have it ready for action in well under a minute with whatever I'm putting on it fired up and ready to go.
Negatives: Well, it is light so in the right (wrong?) conditions that can be a real problem, and don't expect to put your 8 pound proam camera on it (maybe, if you realize the limits).
The "quick release" I found to be a bit hard to work in several ways, after using a lot of these. The latch to release is hard to pull, it's hard to slide the shoe in and out and the screw to attach a device is a bit fumbly, although it does have a small metal loop that dangles so you don't have to have a coin or some other barrier. When I say "hard" that means relatively, as I said you can breeze through it quickly after a few times it just could have been a bit better.

For the price and quality this was a great find for me and goes with my medium-duty tripod, Gorillapod and miniature tripod that are already on my gear pack.
on August 26, 2012
Knowing that a tripod bends or breaks on my mountain climbs, this is a good deal and I am completely satisfied with it. This is my forth one and so far after alot of abuse I broke and then fixed only the first one I bought. Do not throw it and do not use force on its parts. The plastic components break. It bends easely and it is flimsy. Wind will topple it. It can't carry a heavy camera. It is no good for panning because it can's turn smoothly. The carrying bag also rips easely. It folds to a small size and is lightweight. This is my 4th one and I'm satisfied with it because it is a genuine tripod that does the job and for mountain climbers who don't want to carry a heavy tripod and who rather spend money on essentials than tripods, this is a great tripod.
on May 18, 2016
first I will say that I was expecting this thing to break as I was removing it from the packaging but it must have been a miracle. All the other reviews trash this thing hard but for under 10 dollars its amazing. I'm handy so if it breaks I'm sure I can fix it up. I will say the bottom section of the legs is very thin. It does flex and wouldn't hold up a big heavy camera. I decided id just not use the lower section. I installed a monitor and video receiver so I could use a screen instead of goggles or have other enjoy my flying. It works perfect and I named it "Johny 5.8ghz" lol. I included some photos just so you can see size and color
review image review image
on February 14, 2016
This is a thin tripod, but it has everything you need for still photos and videos.

Trying to move the handle during a video isn't something I'd recommend, but for the cheap price, this was better than I could have expected. Over the course of a year, I did lose one of the rubber feet, which caused it the become very difficult to extend that leg once it was retracted. The metal also bends very easily, so I would not recommend storing this in an extended position where it may be run into or knocked over. It worked for what I needed it for, and that was good enough for me!
on May 13, 2013
I love using this tripod, it has replaced a aluminum that I've had been using for years. The tripod set up is tricky but sets up pertty quickly. Once set up it is perfectly level when the legs are at full extension. There were some flaws pulling out one of the legs somewhat too tight, but no loose screws or parts, and this is an unbelievably versatile tripod compared to what I had before. I use this for our travels. It is a little on the heavier side than some of the other aluminum tripods on the market, but it is rock solid. It is extremely stable even with the center column fully extended. I love the leveler on the the head, perfect for stitching panoramic shots. The feet have metal spikes, but also rubber feet that will be good for indoor work. The only reason I titled this review "almost perfect" is that if the tripod had a removable handle for rotating the ball hand, for panning for example, it would be perfect. I spent a LOT of time researching all the tripods available in the market now (4/1/2013) and I found this to be the best mix of value, versatility, and quality.
on February 11, 2014
I bought this for a Christmas gift and have played with it since. I like the price and I think it folds down to a great size and was actually surprised by that, this could be great if your going camping. Now if you extend all the legs and lock all 3 legs down I did find it to be pretty wobbly. This was with a DSLR which made it almost pointless in lowlight. Pressing the shutter button would create enough vibration all the photos came out a little blurry. Now that was with a DSLR maybe a point and shoot would work better?

Overall I wouldn't get this if you have a DSLR, I think it works perfect for a low budget point and shoot tripod.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.