|Standing screen display size||15.6 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Memory Speed||3.4 GHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||8 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 Hours|
ASUS VivoBook F510UA 15.6” Full HD Nanoedge Laptop, Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, USB-C, Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home - F510UA-AH51, Star Gray
|Display Size||15.6 Inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2 Inches Wide, 0.8 Inches Thin and portable footprint with 0.3 Inches Nano edge bezel for a stunning 80% screen to body ratio
- 15.6 inches Anti glare full HD display with ASUS splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD
- Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor, Windows 10 Home
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning fast 802.11AC Wi Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
NanoEdge Display with Ultra-Narrow Bezel
Thanks to the ultra-narrow 0.3” ASUS NanoEdge bezel that gives an incredible 80% screen-to-body ratio, the ASUS VivoBook F510UA fits a full-size 15.6” FHD WideView display into a 14-inch laptop frame. It’s the perfect solution for sharing content with groups of friends or colleagues.
Thinner and Lighter
The ASUS VivoBook F510UA is thinner and lighter than ever. It weighs just 3.7 lbs and has an amazingly thin 0.8 in profile. The power of an everyday laptop and compactness of an ultrabook!
Exceptional performance is at the core of every ASUS VivoBook. Powered by an Intel Core i5-8250U processor, with 8GB DDR4 RAM and Intel UHD 620 graphics, the F510UA delivers ultra-smooth visuals with no hiccups. Ultra-fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, lets you enjoy speeds of up to 867Mbps — that’s up to 6x faster than 802.11n! It’s everything you need for performance on-the-go!
Complete Ports and Impressive Visuals
The ASUS VivoBook F510UA comes equipped with a USB 3.1 Gen 1 port with reversible USB Type-C connector with an 'any-way-up' design that makes connecting devices simple and quick. USB 3.1 also delivers data transfer speeds up to 5x faster than legacy USB 2.0 connections! With its USB 3.1, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, and SD card ports, the VivoBook F510UA supports hassle-free compatibility with a wide range of peripherals, displays and projectors.
Crisp and Stunning Visuals
ASUS Splendid visual optimization technology provides optimized visuals for any kind of content. It features four display modes: Normal, Vivid, Eye-Care, and Manual, which can be accessed with a single click. ASUS Tru2Life Video technology makes any video look amazing. Through intelligent algorithms, it optimizes the sharpness and contrast of every pixel in every frame by up to 150% to produce incredibly vivid and realistic imagery no matter the source.
F510UA-AH51 with Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8250U and 1TB HDD
- 14.2” wide, 0.8” thin and portable footprint
- 0.3” NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6” anti-glare Full HD WideView display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI
- Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi
ASUS VivoBook F510UA Laptop
NanoEdge WideView Full HD with Fingerprint
The ASUS VivoBook F510UA is the perfect combination of performance and function. The F510UA is a Windows 10 laptop powered by 8th generation Intel Core i5 -8250U processor, 1TB HDD, and ASUS NanoEdge display technology. It's the ideal laptop for daily computing and entertainment.
Compare with similar items
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L, Silver
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14" Laptop, 14.0" FHD 1920 x 1080 Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Narrow Bezel, Windows 10, 81W0003QUS, Abyss Blue
ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 Thin And Light Laptop, 15.6” FHD Display, Intel i3-1005G1 CPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint, Windows 10 Home in S Mode, Slate Gray
ASUS F512DA-EB51 VivoBook 15 Thin And Light Laptop, 15.6” Full HD, AMD Quad Core R5-3500U CPU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Windows 10 Home,Slate Gray
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) - Space Gray (Previous Model)
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||NexiPC||ELECTRONICS DEPOT (SN RECORDED)||Amazon.com|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||4 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel||AMD||AMD||Intel||AMD||Intel|
|CPU Speed||1.6 GHz||3.5 GHz||2.1 GHz||3.4 GHz||3.6 GHz||1.1 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||—|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||14 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||13 inches|
|Hard Disk Size||1000 GB||128 GB||256 GB||—||256 GB||—|
|Item Dimensions||14.20 x 9.60 x 0.80 inches||14.31 x 9.74 x 0.71 inches||12.88 x 9.49 x 0.78 inches||14.10 x 9.10 x 0.78 inches||14.10 x 9.10 x 0.78 inches||12.76 x 2.40 x 9.09 inches|
|Item Weight||3.70 lbs||3.97 lbs||3.30 lbs||3.75 lbs||3.50 lbs||—|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 S||Windows 10||Windows 10 S||Windows 10 Home||Mac OS|
|RAM Type||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||—|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||802.11ac||802.11ac||Bluetooth, 802.11ac||802.11ac, Bluetooth||—|
The ASUS Vivo Book F510UA is the perfect combination of performance and function. The F510UA is a Windows 10 laptop powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and ASUS Nano Edge display technology. It's the ideal laptop for daily computing and entertainment. 178 degree wide viewing angle. Bluetooth - Built-in Bluetooth V4.2. Power Adapter - Plug Type : vowels 4 (mm), Output : 19 V DC, 2.47 A, 45 W and Input : 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This laptop is small and thin for a 15.6" screen (fits in my 14" laptop sleeve), very light (only 3.7 lbs), and fast (8th gen i5 and 8 GB RAM). As others have said, the only downside is the slow 5400 RPM 1 TB hard drive. As far as that goes, I have a trick to get around it if you're planning to install an SSD. Alternatively, I also have advice if you're planning to stick with the included hard drive. Here it goes.
If you're planning to upgrade to an SSD drive and already have the SSD drive in hand, then do this to avoid the slow hard drive headaches:
1. Boot up the new laptop for the 1st time.
2. While activating Windows, DO NOT connect to your WiFi.
3. After Windows fully starts up, install disk cloning software (Macrium Reflect, Acronis, etc.) from a USB flash drive. You can't download the disk cloning software because you are not connected to WiFi.
4. Shut down the laptop, open it up, and install your SSD drive.
5. Turn on the laptop again. Use the disk cloning software to clone the hard drive onto your SSD drive.
6. Turn off the laptop. At this point you have a choice. You can either boot into the BIOS to set your new SSD drive as the default boot drive while keeping the old hard drive installed, or you can just remove the old hard drive to force the laptop to boot off the new SSD.
7. Turn on the laptop and admire how awesomely fast it starts up from the lightning quick SSD! :-)
8. Now you can finally connect to your WiFi network and let Windows download and install all it's updates and security patches.
The reason I recommend doing this is because you don't want to let Windows try to download and install hundreds of MB's of updates and patches while running off the dog slow 1 TB hard drive. That would take a very long, long time. And the slow hard drive will be at 100% disk utilization for hours or days while it's trying to download and install all these Windows updates. As other people have said, the laptop will seem to freeze and be unresponsive during this time. But by upgrading to an SSD drive BEFORE letting the laptop download and install Windows updates, the fast SSD will make this process go A LOT FASTER.
And my tip for those people who don't plan to install an SSD drive and just keep using the included 1 TB hard drive:
1. After booting up the laptop for the 1st time, activate Windows, and connect to your WiFi.
2. Then leave the laptop on for a day or two and don't try to use it. Why? Because people have said it can take up to 2 days for the laptop to download and install all the Windows updates. Trying to use it during this time, with the hard drive utilization pegged at 100%, would be a exercise in frustration.
3. Then finally, after all the Windows updates have been downloaded and installed, reboot the laptop and use it as you wish. The laptop should be fairly speedy now after the initial slowness from the updates. Enjoy!
Otherwise you cannot actually enjoy the strengths of this machine.
So given the $499 price tag
+Light device with small footprint, far more portable than the usual 15.6 laptops
+Very good IPS matte FHD panel, zero reflections, almost zero light bleed, average brightness. You cannot find such display in laptops up to $750
+The colour is a beautiful grey and not purple as reviewed by other users
+Excellent specs with proper upgradeability, ( free m2 slot , memory can be increased compared to models with soldered modules)
+fingerprint sensor is accurate
-No computer is 2017 should be shipped with an HDD. This HDD makes the machine really slow,
Until the first round of boots/restarts and updates is competed you will think that you have bought a entry level celeron. The disk works full load and cannot cope, (it is fine for very basic tasks but you did not buy an 8250u for basic tasks).
-Keyboard is not that good, i fell that there is uneven uniformity in the button press and travel, and definitely some flex,
-power button next to delete button ? So you end up switch off while typing, (same button arrangement in many small form factor laptops.
-Caps lock without a led notification, not so clever,
Now the ssd part,
I got a Crucial mx300 m.2 ssd it comes with m2 crews and free acronis clone software
Installation needs patience and some proper tools.
1.carefully remove all screws including the 2x under the rear rubber pads
2. get a PLASTIC prying tool or a thin guitar pick and carefully lift the cover starting from an edge near one of the corners, do not use screwdriver or knife, you will damage the plastic,
3. with the help of your plastic tool unclip one be one all the platic clips,
4.remove cover and install the m2 ssd (face down for crucial) no extra force to snap in
5. get back the cover and do all the screws (3 different types of screws)
6 power the device pressing constantly F2 to enter bios, see that your ssd has been identified,
7 download the cloning software, acronis, macrium or other. Clone the disks (automated step by step process)
8 enter bios (F2 and power) and select m2 as first boot device
9 no trouble with windows licence, you can wipe the HDD via "disk managmenet
10 completely delete all the partitions of old HDD use Diskpart applications for the command line,
now you have a proper FAST machine with an extra 1TB storage drive, it is 5x faster in nominal terms but it feels 50x times faster in reality.
~When you go to add it, make sure you remove all twelve screws on the backside. There are two underneath the screen side feet. There is one screw that is significantly longer than the others. There are two exceptionally small screws, remember where they go.
~Use a guitar pick or thin putty knife to disengage each of the clips holding the case together. You want to use some force but not too much force (where you'd break the clips). Do not use anything metal.
~To disengage the clips I would recommend moving left to right.
~The Crucial hard drive comes with a link to download a licensed version of Acronis True Image, which lets you clone the spinning drive to the SSD. It should also change your bios to boot to the SSD.
~Format the spinning drive after your cloning is successful.
Top reviews from other countries
La laptop es ligera y aunque no venga la letra ñ en el teclado es fácil configurarla para que si pueda ser usada. La webcam es decente para alguna conferencia.
El cargador parece de una Mac.
Sin duda fue una buena compra
All the appropriate ports you need. Can’t argue with that.
Only problem I’ve do notice is is the build quality. Could have been better but the light weight and small size makes it worth it.