We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rubber sole
- Suede leather upper - Classic suede desert boot construction.
- Stitchdown construction - Seamless structure for chaff free environment.
- Tie up lacing - Secures the upper structure.
- 4mm sole - Allows Full sensory feedback as well as independent rear and fore-foot movement..
- Puncture resistant sole - Provides security to the underfoot.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Vivobarefoot make the shoes in carefully selected Portuguese factories where they can oversee every element of the production process, guaranteeing a perfect product. They believe that a well-made beautiful leather shoe should be the foundation of every shoe collection and should last a lifetime or more. The Porto gives you premium luxury with all the hallmarks of a classic; the clean lines, unfussy tie-up lacing, unlined leather as well as our revolutionary patented ultra-thin, puncture-resistant sole. The Porto holds its own in terms of style, quality and barefoot principles; staying true to there unique Pure Barefoot Technology principles and is designed and built to the high standards. Being barefoot has never looked this smart. This classic desert boot, designed in England by Head Designer Asher Clark and Made in Portugal, effortlessly marries ancient wisdom with modern technology. Your feet will thank you for it as you'll be using them as nature intended .You'll get total flexibility from the unlined leather as your feet behave as if they are barefoot in style. The 4mm sole is stiffer than other VIVOBAREFOOT shoes but is still allows your Great Toe to engage rapidly with the ground as well as independent rear and fore-foot movement.
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B00BJ64OW4
- Item model number: 300022-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 8, 2017
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For treating the leather I originally used Leather Honey, but soon after I spilled a glob of hand sanitizer on the toe area which had an almost immediate bleaching effect. Very disappointing. Therefore, I went with Plan B which is Nikwax Waterproofing Wax for Leather 100 ml.. Given that you can rub the leather with a cloth and have brown dye come off, I think it probably needed a more protective coating. Hopefully this will be the finishing touch and they will last a long time. I like the shoes overall but durability is still a concern.
I purchased at less than $150, so I think it was worth it to buy this vs the Gobi II. The reason is that a shoe with a leather sole just looks a bit classier and always will. When you walk across a hardwood floor, it sounds like a dress shoe. That being said, I wouldn't wear either shoe for anything more than business casual.
The rubber-soled versions can be expected to be more comfortable. I used Inov-8 3mm Natural Footbeds to give these a little cushion. I don't need to be that connected to the ground anyway. A good leather treatment should help keep the thin leather in good shape.
These shoes are perfect for getting around town without wearing shoes that look like socks with 5 toes. I've worn them almost every day for about a year now and I LOVE them.
The quality of the materials is excellent. It's refreshing to have shoes made of high quality, full grain leather instead of that cheap "genuine" leather that's so common in lesser shoes. After a year of use, the shoes have molded perfectly to my feet and are extremely comfortable. They've developed a beautiful patina and I imagine they'll age even better for years to come. Also there's something awesome about the smell of real leather!
My favorite thing is the wide toe box. It allows my toes to spread naturally and are so comfortable.
These are good looking shoes! I bought the light brown ones and they work very well with casual jeans. If you're a hipster type, slap on some wool socks, roll up your pants, and you're ready to rock these hightops!
THINGS A BUYER SHOULD KNOW:
1) there is very little to no grip on these! The soles are flat with a very fine grip pattern. This is fine for dry pavement, but when things are wet, walk with caution! Don't even bother with snow.
2) the insides of the soles pill after a while. I'm not sure what material is used on the inside of the sole that touches your feet, but I noticed pilling after the first week.
3) The rubber on the sole started to separate after about 5 months. This appears to be a very common problem. Easily fixed with a bit of crazy clue.
4) again, there is NO padding and NO heal. If you don't adjust the way you walk, you will not enjoy these shoes.