- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Vizio SB4020M-A0 40" VIZIO 2.0 Home Theater Sound Bar
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides an ideal home theater audio solution for 42" and larger HDTVs 40" home theater sound bar boasts 95db of crystal clear sound with less than 1 percent of total harmonic distortion*
- Delivers a rich, clear and immersive listening experience Dobly Digital delivers intense surround sound
- SRS TruSurround HD delivers an enveloping sound experience SRS TruVolume quiets loud commercials and channel-to-channel volume variances
- Sound pressure level: 95dB Remote control with 2/AA batteries for complete ease of use
- Includes: sound bar, power adapter, 3.5mm RCA audio cable, 3.5mm audio cable, remote control, 2/AA batteries and quick start guide Warranty: 1 year
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
Compared to VSB200/202:
More compact, lighter weight
Nice readable display on front panel (textual display indicates input source, numeric volume setting, in the "mute" state, and a small led is lit whenever the unit is on.)
No more problems with remote IR line-of-sight occlusion (i.e. the remote works every time.)
Remembers input selection even after power is disconnected.
Mid and high frequencies are fine, but has very little bass. (Bass is not essential for our needs... But the older bars sounded fuller.)
Increased power consumption. (With average audio content, the 200 averaged about 6 watts, the 202 used 4.5, but this new bar swings between 6.5 and 10 watts. The vizios in general are very efficient.)
More easily driven to distortion than the older/bigger soundbars if you set the bass above '2'.
All in all, the bar does what we need it to do. It is not an audiophile device... but it is much superior to the built in speakers on our ultra thin flat panel TVs.
For those who want more bass, I'm told that the Vizio SB4021M-A1 is essentially this bar with a matched external subwoofer.
Also, for those who might have been having trouble with the optical audio cable looseness, I've been using the Belkin AV20000B03 PureAV which seems to fit snugly.
My primary complaint is that the soundbar doesn't play nice with my TV remote. It should be against the law for all remotes not to be truly universal. I have a Vizio TV and I expected the TV remote to control the soundbar as well as the TV. Unfortunately the only way that works is to change the input on the soundbar to analog and to change the audio output from the TV to analog variable. I can control the sound levels, but still have to use the soundbar remote to turn it on and off. The optical digital audio works only if I use the remote that came with the soundbar.
It seems odd that Vizio products won't work together. I could understand it if my TV was from a different manufacturer, but Vizio products that won't talk to one another without degrading performance? What's up with that?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only thing that fiber optic input was damaged but I was able to use aux input and sounds great. Good price for this item and is refurb. Very happy with the itemPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Not as easy as they say to hook up, but it was worth the extra 20 minutes to get it going.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good service and prompt delivery.Work very well.I recommand this product to my friend !!!Published 8 months ago by Pierre Ricard
This sound bar worked well for about a year, then suddenly died. Vizio was unable to help, recommended I buy a new one from them. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Allen
Great product, easy to use and install. Great sound for watching movies and favorite shows. Bought as a birthday gift.Published on March 23, 2014 by Jennifer Bellefleur
Main menu for setting up not sure of abbreviations, the bass sounds good, treble tinny. But not bad for the price. Don HannamanPublished on March 1, 2014 by Don Hannaman