This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $175.17 shipping
4-Year Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Vogelzang TR001 Defender EPA Wood Stove
|You Save:||$51.58 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Defender wood stove efficiently heats up to 1,200 square feet
- Cast iron feed door with large 14.5" x 8" ceramic glass window
- Burns several hours on one fueling
- Made with heavy gauge 3/16-Inch reinforced plate steel with firebrick lining
- Adjustable legs for easy positioning
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Heat Coverage||1,200 sq. ft.||1,200 sq. ft.||1,500 sq. ft.||1,800 sq. ft.||2,000 sq. ft.||2,200 sq. ft.|
|Stove Material||Plate Steel||Plate Steel||Plate Steel||Plate Steel||Plate Steel||Plate Steel|
|BTUs||up to 68,000||up to 68,000||up to 74,000||up to 69,600||up to 104,000||up to 119,000|
|Log Length||17 inches||17 inches||26 inches||18 inches||22 inches||20 inches|
|Not Approved for these states:||CA, WA, OR, UT, MA|
|EPA Certified in All States||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
High-efficiency airtight stove heats up to 1200 sq. ft., with a maximum output of 28,337 BTU with Douglas fir, and 68,000 BTU with hardwood. Heavy-duty 3/16in. steel plate construction and fully firebrick lined. Features secondary air reburn combustion system, a cast iron feed-door with gasket, clear-view air-washed ceramic glass, cam-lock latch and cool-touch spring handle. Stove accepts logs 17in. long. One full load burns approx. 8-10 hours. Safety tested to UL 1482.
Customers are responsible for checking local codes and regulations prior to purchase. Door Opening W x H (in.): 17 x 12, Clearance from Corner (in.): 12, Stove Pipe Included: No, Product Type: Stove, Max. Log Size Accepted (L in.): 17, Fuel Type: Wood, UL: UL approved, Firebox Size W x D (in.): 18 x 12, Blower Included: No, Clearance from Rear Wall (in.): 12, BTU Output: 68,000, Full Load Run Time (Hours): 8-10, EPA Exempt: No, Clearance from Side Wall (in.): 15, EPA Certified: Yes, Igniter: Manual, Flue Collar Size (in.): 6, Dimensions W x D x H (in.): 23 1/2 x 20 x 27, Heating Capability (sq. ft.): 1,200, Thermostat Included: No, Mobile Home Approved: No
Top customer reviews
Very easy to install with 2 people handling it, we took out the fire brick and took the door off to move it around, much easier to deal with.
One thing to keep in mind if you are used to the old style wood stoves: This is an airtight stove, you need to get the box hot in order for it to work correctly. That means keeping the door ajar and the vent open to burn a very hot kindling fire with small (2" max.) logs first, once that burns down almost all the way you can shut the door and use the vent mechanism (move to the left) to then burn at it's best efficiency. Once there is a bed of coals, you can burn full size logs all night long and watch as the blue/purple flames keep your home toasty warm.
This stove has about the largest view window for a small stove that I've ever seen and is one of the reasons I jumped on it. I wanted this to be the focal point of our living room. I have a 30 foot cathedral ceiling with an open loft situation which it heats quite well with no problems. Between the spray insulation in the roof and this stove, I don't think I'll ever have a problem keeping warm in the winter.
Another nice feature that my other airtight does not have is the ash hole in the bottom with an ash pan. Makes clean out very easy, I just use a large putty knife to clean it out well, scoop all the ashes into the pan and carry it outside. No more ash dust around the room!
I'd highly recommend this stove to anyone who wants high-efficiency heat from wood in their home. Five stars!