Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 23, 2013
I bought this subscription at a special rate: 6 digital issues and 6 paper copy issues for $6.00.

I like the magazine, and prefer the digital version since I have moved to 90% digital reading media in order to save trees, space and hassle when moving. Yes, I love paper books and magazines, but hell, I love reading and who can argue with the power of a library that travels in the palm of one's hand? Anyhow, I got the paper issues just because it was cheaper to go this route than to pay ~20 bucks for 12 issues digitally.

There is no need to review the paper issues. They arrived as they should and are normal magazines, as expected. The digital version is another story. Here are my thoughts on digital Vogue on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9":

PROS:
-Looks great - as with all magazines, this is pretty easy to read on the bigger Kindle Fire
-Reasonable download time - it happens as quickly as one would expect a graphics-heavy multi-hundred page document to download, but it does take a little while and... as my cons as outlined below I will describe more on this in a moment.

CONS:
-App freezes/crashes - this has happened with three of four issues, and the fourth I haven't bothered trying yet... so it will likely crash, too. This may not happen to everyone but it happens on my Kindle. I've had it happen on a few of the more features-intensive magazines and I just think they haven't ironed out all the kinks with this form of digital media. Basically, I will flip through 20, or maybe 200 pages and then one flip and the page won't load. The app then is frozen and will crash. From this point I have only once been able to get it working without re-downloading the issue. And the problem is that the issue will likely crash again. I've downloaded those three issues of Vogue at least once, but sometimes three times each. This is annoying and time consuming. Considering my Kindle doesn't crash with almost anything else, and that I use it heavily on a daily basis for apps, games, videos, books and magazines--- I have to say I think the problem lies with the programming of the digital features on certain magazines like Vogue. Or at the least, the programming and it's compatibility with Kindle Fire.

Overall, I like the magazine because it's fun to look at the art of fashion. I love color and design of all sorts.I would like to like or love this app, but all I can say is "It's okay", because the app just doesn't work so well with my Kindle.
on February 7, 2014
Free app and a cheap subscription? Hardly. I really didn't want the paper version, but when I looked at the subscription end date on the mail label, it was for July 2014. Six months? Seriously? The magazine just isn't worth it and making people take the paper version along with the Kindle Fire version is just wrong. I don't like magazine apps like this and I'll never get another one. I like getting a magazine on my Kindle without a not so "free" app. I'd rather just pay for the Kindle version.
on September 5, 2015
Vogue is all ads, so if you use it for paper mache like I do, it's cool. Now and then there's a good author, but the fashion is old, as they have to make it 5-10 months ahead.
on October 2, 2013
I thought my subscirption started in September would give me issues starting then - instead they went back 6 months to last spring - who cares about that stuff
on March 13, 2014
Just using the printed issues - the old fashioned way. Followed the intructions clearly and it would not work. Also, Vogue is just not as good as it used to be 1980-2000.
on October 15, 2013
I have to admit I was skeptical about getting a magazine on Kindle, but I was board and needed something that I could read but wouldn't take to much of my attention while I was working so I thought I would give a magazine a try. I started with Vogue. Vogue on Kindle is so much fun. There are interactive videos to watch. Arrows that take you down and back and forth. Give it a try. I look forward to getting my magazine every month.
on March 31, 2014
CONDE Nast renewed my order 3 months before it was scheduled to renew and refused a refund. If you get the magazine, you really don't need the app as well. I mean really, I love fashion, esp, Vogue, but who has time for all Vogue all the time. I feel like I was bullied into their pricier product and ignored when I complained. Can you imagine. Vogue ignoring regular people?
on October 2, 2013
Couldn't read it on my MacBook Air...how is it really "all access"? Other than that, great magazine as always, but very limiting.
on October 21, 2013
I do like reading my Vogue on my Kindle ... when it works that is. This app has much to be desired as 9/10 times when I launch it it freezes my kindle and I have to restart it. Plus, it's annoying to have to sign in each time I launch the app. I am looking forward to getting my print magazines - this app is definitely getting deleted.
on October 25, 2013
I love the digital that was offered. I have played with it and looked at other issues on it and LOVE IT. When the actual print version came I really didn't want it because I had an engaging digital experience. Even though the print is glossy, the hi-res, clear editorials and advertising was very engaging. All digital next round.