Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 291 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 298 reviews
on February 8, 2013
This item is what I expected. A simple black "Genuine" leather regular length (18R) padded
watch strap for my cheap, er, inexpensive, Timex everyday-watch, model WR 30 M. A perfect
fit on the watch and my wrist. It appears to be the exact duplicate of the one I replaced.

The strap started out a bit stiff upon wearing but quickly softened up within the day. That
was to be expected and not problematic.

FYI: A "Regular" strap size, for this company, appears to be;
4-3/8" long strap piece with holes and,
3-3/8" long strap piece with the metal clasp.
ADDENDUM: As of June 2014 this every day strap is still performing its timely duties without
any problems. It even went to Ireland and back with me. Working good.
on April 10, 2016
I bought this strap two times:

July 2013

The strap was great! It had high quality leather and great pins - with easy to pull spring mount attachment. This strap lasted almost 3 years.

April 2016

The strap looks cheap and flimsy. The leather is low quality and cheapened pin mounting attachment. I am afraid it will fall off any time. They have kept the product id the same but cheapened the strap considerably.

My guess is a majority of good reviews are old ones. My advise will be not to buy this strap at this time.

Update July, 2016

Brought the rating to one star (wish I gave it zero). The clasp and the pin have such poor quality that the watch did fall off in the bus. Thereby I lost my favorite valuable watch. I am very disappointed.
on July 21, 2016
EDIT 01/26/17: After less than a year, these straps are already falling apart. Ever since I got into a car crash last August, the straps have smelled foul- kind of like motor oil and dirty socks. Every home remedy in the book hasn't worked in getting the smell out of these things. The inside of these straps is a light brown- this is fake and rubs off after a few months. Just the other day, the adjustable loop used to hold back one of the straps when the watch is being worn fell off. Today, I noticed that one of the straps has split open in several places on the inside. The whole system has been grossly compromised. It's a shame, too, because I really did like these straps, but they just don't hold up over time.

EDIT 04/14/2017: The strap started to tear where it meets with the lugs and actually fell off today! I would have lost my watch if someone walking be hind me wasn't such a nice person. Overall, I recommend looking elsewhere.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Good straps. They even come with their own pins. I used mine on a Seiko 5, and I think that it looks great.
One con with these straps is that after a few months, the leather tends to fold at the point where the straps "pin down" if that makes sense. It probably doesn't.
Anyway, I recommend these straps. I'm wearing them right now as I write this review. Exciting, I know.
on March 6, 2017
I needed this because when I went to get my belt repaired (it was passed down from generation to generation in my family) I needed leather to fix it with. That is when I found this product. The price and material made this the best product to get for the price.

Pros-
-REALLY CHEAP
-The perfect color for my belt
-matched the material of my belt and was VERY comfortable

Cons-
-kind of wished if the leather didn't rub off
-felt like it wasn't real leather
-wouldn't recommend for long time users

I would recommend this product for anyone who needs a belt strap.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2016
> Looks good, fits my Casio perfectly.
> About twice as thick as the Timex Men's Q7B730 Calfskin 18mm Black Replacement Watchband watchband that is replacing. But a much better deal (the Timex is $20 with shipping).
> Initially stiff, but pliable after a few days on your wrist.

HOW TO REPLACE WATCHBANDS---if you haven't replaced a leather watchband before, it can be difficult. You can see what you are doing when you replace a metal band, so metal bands are easier. If you are particularly klutzy, or you'd like to change watchbands frequently, you may wish to purchase a "quick release" band.
> First be sure your replacement band in the correct size. 18mm (in this case) is the distance between the brackets of your watch (i.e., where the watchband connects.
> Look at the pins which come with the new watchband. Notice the shoulder on each pin.
> Use a penknife to pull down the pin on your old watchband. You probably won't be able to see the shoulder, and it will be tight against the bracket of your watch, so you need a small sharp knife. When the pin is pulled down you can just pivot the strap out. Keep the old pin -- it is easy to loose a new pin while you are trying to install a watchband. Also, it is possible that your old pin might fit your watch better.
> Remove only half the old band (either the strap part or the buckle part) at a time, and correspondingly install the new half before removing the remaining old half. If you remove both, it is surprisingly easy to install the new strap the wrong way.
> To install the new strap -- hook one end of a pin (in the new strap) then compress the other end with the flat edge of your knife; slide the strap and pin in place; remove the knife; then "jiggle" the end of the strap around until the pin pops open into the hole. You may be able to hear the pin pop open. It may take several tries.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask a question.
on November 18, 2015
My old leather watchband finally wore out and I bought this to replace it. I made sure I measured correctly and ordered the correct width. It was a pretty simple matter to remove the old one and replace it with this one. It looks really nice and seems to be well made. I've worn it daily for several months now and see no signs of any flaws.
on October 30, 2016
Great replacement watch band for a great price! Installation is very simple for anyone without sausages for fingers, and the material quality is excellent. I've currently got this elegantly simple watch band attached to a $350.00 EcoDrive and it looks right at home!
on March 9, 2017
This one replaces a previous purchase; after a month and a half of wet showers and puppy chewing this one is feels so natural I never notice it's there. Size, color, quality of the leather and buckle are excellent. This is another great product I've found with Amazon that I'd buy again in a blink if needed.
on April 17, 2017
The watch band had faulty pins & after refastening the watch band back together twice, it ended up falling apart again while I was working at a public venue. I ended up losing my entire watch...not happy!!!
on March 15, 2017
Fits my Timex watch and is almost the exact same as the factory band.