Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Voice Acting For Dummies Paperback – January 29, 2013
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Get into character
- Create a demo
- Prepare for an audition
- Land your dream role
Find expert tips and strategies on how to succeed as a voice actor
Voice acting is a unique career where the actor's voice can be heard worldwide in commercials, audiobooks, animated movies, documentaries, telephone systems, and much, much more. But where do you start? Voice Acting For Dummies gives you step-by-step explanations and an abundance of examples from everything on how to find your signature voice, how to create a demo, how to audition, and how to book jobs. Voice Acting For Dummies shows you how to improve your vocal talents and make a career out of them.
- Start with the basics learn the ins and outs of the voice acting business, and what it takes to be successful
- Audition like a pro understand the do's and don'ts of auditioning in person and online
- Create a demo discover how to demonstrate to prospective clients the types of voices you can perform
- Dig into the script develop strategies for understanding your role and bringing the written word to life
- Use audio recording software find out how you can add music and sound effects to your demo and edit your finished product
- Get into business explore ways to turn your voice acting talent into a business
- Build a home recording studio purchase the right equipment for your needs
Open the book and find:
- How to train your voice
- The benefits of working with a voice acting coach
- Suggestions for how to write your own scripts
- Tips on quoting fees for voice-overs
- Easy ways to promote your talents
- How to decipher studio terminology
- What to look for in recording and editing software
- Ten things you can do to be prepared for voice acting
About the Author
Stephanie Ciccarelli and David Ciccarelli are the founders of Voices.com, the largest global web hub for voice actors. For approximately the past eight years, Stephanie, David, and their team have grown Voices.com from the ground up to become the leader in the industry.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Anyone starting out on this journey will find a wealth of information coming from these voices of experience. The information covered is very comprehensive. Basic skills, making a demo, doing an audition and tackling the business part of voice acting are well covered.
The section on setting up one's own studio is particularly timely in the present market with the "how to" and the "costs" brought to light.
Going through this type of "Basic Training" for voice actors is critical to success in this field. As a voice actor for more than a decade, I found some of the chapters to be spot on. "Training is part of the game" meets its challenge. "Coming across as Real" hits a particularly important skill to understand as well as execute. "Living up your Demo," says what many need to hear. It does not help your career to have a demo you cannot replicate; you might be hired once, but not twice.
The voice actor's mantra should be Practice, Practice, Practice. A natural talent and a great sounding voice are not enough to be a successful voice actor. It is what you do with the voice to tell a story. Acting skills are what make voice actors effective and those skills take training.
As a publisher of audiobooks, we are always looking for well-trained and experienced voices. Those who master the suggestions in this book will be in high demand in the industry. This comprehensive guide offers the key to a successful career in voice over.
Barbara Frohman, CEO
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book was in excellent condition and arrived in a timely manner.