Voice Originals - When in Rome Travel Trivia Game Powered by Alexa
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- "The perfect marriage of Tech and classic gaming...Just when you thought Alexa couldn't impress you more, she finds a way to one up herself. Now, she can add game host to her resume.” real simple
- "Smooth, interesting, and most of all, FUN” fast company
- No more rules to read! Alexa is your host and game show host!
- 20+ hrs. Of interactive dialogue! Fly around the world and hear from real locals
- Endless variety! Alexa remembers what questions you've been asked and always supplies a fresh one.
- Real strategy! Make friends, collect souvenirs and get upgraded
- Works with Alexa Smart speakers including Echo and Echo dot, and the Alexa smartphone app. Requires free when in Rome skill for Alexa to play (Smart speaker not included)
- The second game from the award-winning creators of beasts of balance
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
When in Rome; the travel trivia game filled with the voices of real people from around the world. Alexa is your game host and pilot, transporting you to 20 cities on the world map game board. Introducing you to real locals from each city, All asking questions that are unique and flavorful, from categories including slang and language, food and drink and random and strange. Set up the board, connect to the ‘when in Rome’ skill and Alexa will guide you every step of the way; dividing players into two teams, take on the head to head question for first go advantage and you're off. Teams compete to make new friends, earn upgrade cards and collect souvenirs in each new city they visit. Reviews of when in Rome: ""playing When in Rome beautifully combines the board game with the Alexa skill."" - geek dad ""having the character voices, music, stories and sound effects also really add to the experience."" - engage ""the first cool thing about an ai-hosted board game: you don't need to learn the rules beforehand."" - Tom's guide ""it's a clever addition to the standard board game fare and our family had a good time playing It.” - techcrunch Voice Originals is a new series of board games from beasts of balance creator sensible object designed to be played with a smart speaker.
From the Manufacturer
Alexa teaches you the rules, keeps score, flies you around the world, introduces you to friendly locals and keeps you entertained.
Visit 20 cities across 6 continents from London to Mumbai and Cape Town to Tokyo; meet real locals and find out about what makes each city tick.
Answering questions correctly about each city earns players points or the chance to earn an upgrade card. Choose from 7 categories including Language and Slang, Art and Culture, Sport and Games, Food and Drink, Buildings and History, Myths and Legends or Random and Strange!
Souvenirs reveal themselves throughout the game for extra points; answer a question correctly on a city with a souvenir to earn extra points. Collect all 3 souvenirs, the game ends and the winner is the team with the most points!
"Alexa, upgrade please, I love traffic jams!" pick up upgrade cards to gain an edge or roast your opponents.
There's a new local to meet in each city you visit. Let them introduce you to and ask you questions about their home town. Answer correctly to make a friend and get a layover next time you swing by.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Ground-breaking and awesome.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Alexa is a voice platform, and the team at Sensible Object felt there could be no better use for it than to bring the voices of real people from around the world into players’ homes.
What makes your product special?
The act of playing through listening invokes our imagination and empathy, making for a very special experience.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Recruiting and getting to know amazing locals from cities all over the world. Hearing stories from their hometowns and what it was like growing up in those places.