Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 14, 2011
This is an enlightening and inspiring book, for anyone with an open mind. Thank you again, Natasha, for sharing your gifts. Susan Jeffs
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 1, 2011
Voices Out of Stone is my favorite kind of travel guide, as it shares both personal experiences and a fascinating history of ancient mysterious sacred sites. The standing stones of Carnac are the central focus of this book, and they are written about intimately by author Carolyn North and with an overview as to global significance by Natasha Hoffman.

Readers who enjoy books by Hamish Miller such as The Sun and the Serpent will love Voices Out of Stone for the way it invites us to open all our senses and more fully experience the deepest levels of meaning of the mystic standing stones of Brittany. I love the sketches and descriptions of various stone alignments, dolmens and menhirs in this book, and am particularly delighted by tales of visiting some sites at times when they could be enjoyed in solitude... or with a traveling companion equally devoted to listening to hidden wisdom of the stones.

Voices Out of Stone truly shines when describing how Carolyn North became something of a reluctant yet highly sought after healer during her visit to Carnac, and the ways these and other sacred stones transformed Carolyn's view of health, personal growth, and transformation. Reading this book graces me with something akin to the quiet, poetic beauty of the sacred sites themselves. I felt sad coming to the last pages and the realization that my journey to Carnac was coming to an end... for like a vacation to Carnac, Voices Out of Stone transports me to magical realms.

I highly recommend Voices Out of Stone to all who love connecting to nature and Earth, to anyone intrigued by ancient sacred sites, and to those interested in planning a trip to Brittany, France.
on November 8, 2010
Standing stones and stone circles and other ancient stone monuments exert a strong gravitational pull. I'v often walked among them in Britain and Ireland and been touched by their power, by the sense of presence they hold, even after thousands of years. Sometimes I've felt as though the stones are alive, in some mysterious way. And I've wondered about the people who placed them and who seem to have known so much that we've forgotten.

This book takes you deep into the world of the stones. If you've ever wanted to know more about these ancient sites, or If you're planning a trip to the UK or France and want to visit Stonehenge or other ancient sites, this is the perfect guidebook.

It tells the personal stories of two women, and their different experiences among the standing stones at Carnac in France. One is American and one is British. They don't know each other, but for both of them, the stones at Carnac become a place of inner transformation, healing and expanded consciousness. A place where the gifts of healing and teaching they never knew they had are brought out.

The most important thing I've understood from this book is that these ancient stones are not just archaeological monuments or something from the distant past. The book makes it clear that the power in them is alive right now, and it can help us to expand our awareness in a most wonderful way. The stones can help us to connect with the energies of life, with the earth and the sun and the stars. They can help us overcome our sense of isolation and disconnection.

The other really great thing about his book is the way the stones just come alive on the page through the line drawings which one of the authors has done. You can get an amazing sense of their presence just looking at the drawings.
on November 22, 2010
After the first truly remarkable book by Natasha Hoffman with Hamilton Hill, 'Let the
Standing Stones Speak - Messages from the Archangels Revealed', 'Voices out of Stone'
takes us back to the Megalithic Standing Stones of Carnac.

It is fascinating to read the stories of Natasha and co-author Carolyn North, who were
called to this specific location independently and several years apart, as they relate their own adventures and discoveries in this magical place in Brittany. You are left with an uplifting feeling of the wonderful possibilities available to humankind when we choose to call upon the invisible energies for their help and guidance.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse