Volcanic Unrest : From Science to Society (Advances in Volcanology) 1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Create digital flashcards instantly
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
This open access book summarizes the findings of the VUELCO project, a multi-disciplinary and cross-boundary research funded by the European Commission's 7th framework program. It comprises four broad topics:
1. The global significance of volcanic unrest
2. Geophysical and geochemical fingerprints of unrest and precursory activity
3. Magma dynamics leading to unrest phenomena
4. Bridging the gap between science and decision-making
Volcanic unrest is a complex multi-hazard phenomenon. The fact that unrest may, or may not lead to an imminent eruption contributes significant uncertainty to short-term volcanic hazard and risk assessment. Although it is reasonable to assume that all eruptions are associated with precursory activity of some sort, the understanding of the causative links between subsurface processes, resulting unrest signals and imminent eruption is incomplete. When a volcano evolves from dormancy into a phase of unrest, important scientific, political and social questions need to be addressed. This book is aimed at graduate students, researchers of volcanic phenomena, professionals in volcanic hazard and risk assessment, observatory personnel, as well as emergency managers who wish to learn about the complex nature of volcanic unrest and how to utilize new findings to deal with unrest phenomena at scientific and emergency managing levels.
This book is open access under a CC BY license. --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
- File Size : 42830 KB
- Publication Date : December 18, 2018
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print Length : 321 pages
- Publisher : Springer; 1st Edition (December 18, 2018)
- ASIN : B07G33JBFY
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Not Enabled
- Language: : English
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #16,141 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: