Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Volleyball: Steps to Success
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 9, 2013
The words of another reviewer helped me make my final decision to purchase this book. They said that they had checked out books at the library and this was the only one they decided to purchase. Also it said that the book was for those who did not know much about volleyball to be able to learn and/or coach the basics. I love this book. I did not play competitive volleyball middle school or high school; however, I am the middle school volleyball coach. While reading this book, I applied the techniques to my playing and coaching my daughter. It gave me the confidence that I needed to be a coach who can teach the girls the basics of volleyball and win games. Thank you reviewers for you help.
on January 10, 2011
I've found this to be a great learning tool for beginner players. It contains descriptions of skills, rotations, offenses, and defenses. I bought this for my daughter to get another perspective on learning and practicing fundamental skills. You will find that as a player goes through teams and clubs, coaches will have biases and slightly different ideas on how to teach a skill. The rotations and defenses may vary slightly. Even so, learning what is in this book will not be wrong. It will give the player a good basis and will just need to tweak things a little as determined by their current coach.

This book will not make a player better without practice. There are other books with more drills and ideas. If you had to buy a first book, this would not be a bad choice.
on January 11, 2013
I'm coaching a 17U girls team and this book has been indispensable. I've used in conjunction with Coaching volleyball for dummies and it has been a great help. Techniques are well illustrated and described. Drills are diagramed and work. The VB for Dummies goes a little more in depth into team 'management' but if I could only buy/read one - this is it.
on January 27, 2009
This book helped our team to a winning season last year and it provides everything needed for victory other than talent. The book covers all the tipes and positions needed for a successful offense. It provides the basic form needed for all hits and gives strategy tips for all stages of the game. It teaches blocking and digging and the finer points of defense. Additionally, it gives all of the rotations for an advanced team. The best thing about the book though is that it provides drills to teach your players all the steps needed. This is the only book you will ever need as a player or a coach.
on May 15, 2015
Simple and well laid out. All sections have value. Really like the suggested exercise and stretching section. Illustrtions are clear. Graphics are clear. Coaching sections include explanation, drills, progressions and grading. I am trying to learn the basics to help my daughter who will try out for her freshman team next month.
on November 7, 2016
Granddaughter enjoyed this book.
on June 7, 2016
This book has several tips. Daughter is just starting to play volleyball and really helps that understand the game
on December 9, 2012
This book explains volleyball very well. it is very detailed i used it as A textbook it was perfect although some drills r confusing and it was delivered to my ipad proccess was easy
on June 8, 2015
The explanations are easy to read, and the drills are excellent. Perfect reading for my tween, or any coach!
on May 30, 2015
I like the drills and scoring helps in this book. I've already used it at several practices!