VonShef Double Wall French Press Satin Polished Stainless Steel Cafetiere Coffee Filter with Measuring Spoon and Sealing Clip, 8 Cup
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MAKE DELICIOUS FRESH COFFEE: From ground whole beans with the VonShef 8 cup french press
- AVAILABLE IN 4 SIZES: 3, 6, 8 and 12 Cup (Cup size 4-Oz) all come with a stainless steel plunger to filter the ground coffee from your drink
- HIGH GRADE STAINLESS STEEL: Made from high quality satin brushed stainless steel to keep your coffee warm for longer
- 2 IN 1 SPOON INCLUDED: Doubles as both a coffee bag sealing clip and measuring spoon to help make the perfect coffee
- DISHWASHER SAFE
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
VonShef 8 Cup Cafetière with Spoon
Are you tired of instant coffee? Are you tired of your coffee's lacking flavor? Or are you just plain tired?
The VonShef 8 cup cafetière allows you to easily brew a delicious cup of fresh ground coffee to start your day off strong.
The VonShef cafetière is easy to use: simply scoop in your favorite pre-ground or freshly ground coffee and add the required amount of water just off the boil.
In just 4 minutes your coffee will be ready to filter - use the specially designed plunger to sieve out any remnants of ground coffee from your brew and enjoy.
Stainless Steel Construction
The VonShef cafetière is made from high quality satin brushed stainless steel, complete with a double-wall to keep the outside from getting too hot.
Everything is dishwasher safe, making our cafetière easy and quick to clean.
Please note the maximum capacity for the 8 cup cafetière is 34 fl oz.
8 Cup Cafetière Size: 9" X 4.3" (Height X Diameter)
Capacity: 1 Liter / 34 fl oz
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So to this pot: it's a french press/press pot. Does it make good coffee? Yes, it's great, but no different from any other quality press pot. They all use pretty much the same stainless screen and similar press components. I got this pot because I camp, and my wife has a tendency to break the glass carafes. This double-walled stainless carafe, though, will absolutely not break. I'll be impressed if she manages to dent the outside, and being double-walled, I'll be even more impressed if she dents the inside. So the only question is: Is this actually a good-quality pot for this price? Absolutely yes. All the parts are welded and sealed, they all come apart and are easy to clean. I couldn't ask for more from a press pot. The clamp spoon is a nice touch, too. Four scoops of grounds makes a nice cup (or four).
For those who are confused, the "cup" measurement for a coffee pot is not a US-standard 8-oz cup, but varies based on the brew type. Press coffee is a 4-oz cup, so the 8 cup pot should be about a quart. I didn't check, but it looks about right. For comparison, a standard cup of drip coffee is 6-oz and mokapot, espresso, or similar strong brew methods are usually 2-oz to a cup.
So, to review in detail, I have rated the VonShef 12-cup stainless steel French Press on the three qualities I listed above:
1) Beverages are hotter for longer: 4/5. The double-walled design definitely has an advantage over our previous glass French press. I would say it keeps the coffee adequately hot (hot enough to not degrade the taste) for at least an hour. After two hours the coffee is still warm, not tepid; but, the flavor profile has diminished slightly. It's not insulated (and not advertised at such) to achieve a longer retention of temperature, but it is a definite improvement over glass.
2) Quality construction: 4/5. The welds on our French press look clean and the stainless steel arrived unblemished. The only imperfection is the lid (see below).
3) Easy to clean: 3.5/5. The stainless steel carafe is a breeze to clean. I usually hand wash, though it could go in the dishwasher. Typically the more difficult parts on a French press to clean are the plunger and filter assembly. This one is fairly easy to take apart, though it was easy to over-tighten and then be unable to unscrew the assembly by hand (pliers or firm grip required). The lid is the only concerning part. It is hollow and there is some small entrance, unseen to my eye, that is allowing small amounts of water in (and possibly coffee debris/dust when cleaning). This is an annoyance and doesn't interfere with using the press effectively, but still leaves the possibility of mold and or/mildew within the cavity if water sits inside long enough without escaping.
Other positives: included tablespoon/bag clip is a nice addition. Larger capacity (1.5L).
Other negatives: none
Overall rating: 4/5. I would recommend this to a friend, or buy another one as a gift.
GET IT. It makes about 2 & 1/2 full cups of coffee which is perfect for the 2 of us. No paper filters to dump, no fine screens to clean. The only easier coffee maker is a mr coffee or similiar, but this is my choice for coffee in the morning. Do a fresh grind, pour ground french roast in, and add boing water and its done in minutes.