- "With a great lead female protagonist, richly colorful set of secondary characters, plenty of roaring action, and an intense storyline that allows no boring moments, "Voodoo Child" is an intense, entertaining and memorable novel. Highly recommended." Columbia Review of Books and Film.
- ★★★★★ "Yes, there are demons, devils, voodoo priestesses and hordes of the undead. There are soldiers, military and mercenary troops and wickedly charming scientists and others not nearly so charming. This reviewer and probably every reader will be waiting with bated breath for the next and other books in the series." Bestsellersworld.com
- ★★★★★ - "A fast-paced horror novel with quirky characters that readers will soon grow fond of. This first book in a new series promises a lot of good to come in future novels." - Readersfavorite.com
- "Fun and exciting, thanks to the unlikely characters who lead the fight, along with the well-placed dark humor, I found the experience to be refreshing. Leaving no room for boredom Burke packs the plot of the story. In fact there's just enough madness to keep readers on their feet. For everyone wanting a feel-good zombie/voodoo magic book I'm definitely recommending Voodoo Child: Zombie Uprising. I'm also interested to see what Burke has in store for the sequel." - Horrorpalace.com
- ★★★★ "You'll find yourself entangled in a mess of zombies, arrogant humans and spiteful spirits out to take what is theirs. The chaos has meaning and while there are horrific moments in the story none of them feel overdone or out of place. If horror stories are your thing, you'll definitely find what you're looking for within the pages of Voodoo Child." - Hungry Monster Book Review