BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2017
Got my copy delivered last week and was super excited as I love this album, but while listening I noticed the tempo was fluctuating. I also saw the needle and arm were swaying back and forth a bunch. I checked my turntable components, did some adjustments and cleaning with no change. I put on another album and it played perfectly. Finally figured out the center hole was not so centered and watching the edge of the album while turning, it was obvious the record wasn't centered properly. But with any manufacturing process there are always at least a few items that won't be perfect so I can forgive these things if the return/replace policy is good.

Luckily the policy is good :). The replacement process was super easy via Amazon and my replacement copy of the album arrived just two days later and plays great. I knocked one star since there was an issue but overall I'm very happy with the purchase and how the issue was handled.
on June 22, 2011
Original version better or not? I don't care that much. I was not happy for these remasters when word came out. Wich is why I did not buy the overpriced fanclub box set (vs-vitalogy).

However, I was very much excited about finaly getting to own these great records on vinyl. There will always be someone comparing this with the 93 version. If you are willing to pay 100 bucks for a new one, then go ahead. Otherwise, this is the best way to go.

From my first listen to this vinyl reissue:

the bass pounds on the speakers. at the same time I could hear the crystal clear crisp of the cymbals. I gave my amp an 80% volume level (wich is very loud) and I was pleased. No uncomfortable distortions whatsoever.

I still have to compare it to my old cd version. Will post my thoughts later on. One thing I do agree. These albums did not need any remastering in the first place. They have always sounded amazing. I'm only happy for the vinyl reissues, wich of course are also remastered. They are relatively cheap.

EDIT: I have compared this vinyl to my old cd version. This vinyl kicks ass! Don't think twice. I have a cheap audiotechnica turntable. I can only imagine how it would sound on a better one. My amp and speakers are decent, though. Now, if you are able to spend ten time as much for the original pressing, then be my guest. This is the best way to go otherwise.
on July 21, 2017
Pearl Jam's incomparable second album sounds really amazing on vinyl played Really Loud on a nice stereo. Highly recommended !
on March 11, 2017
My favorite album of Pearl Jam. It sounds great, and vinyl came with no defects.
Enthusiast: Campingon October 23, 2013
I actually own the original vinyl (z53136) and picked up this 180g version up based on the reviews here. I guess folks must be comparing it to the CD and mp3 versions, and it certainly sounds better than those, but play against the original release it doesn't hold a candle... I know, because I just played Go, Animal, Daughter and Indifference back to back, twice each. I was expecting the new master to be a bit better, but it just ain't so. I suppose this will keep my original good for all but really serious listens, but I don't really like having 2 copies of anything (life's too cluttered and short already hehe) so I'm not sure what I'll do.

Don't misunderstand, it is a decent presseing - I have heard far far far worse sounding "audiophile" re-releases - they're often done poorly... But this is middle of the road. If you want an ammmmmmmazing aural journey, check out hte 180g release of Jeff Buckley's "Grace" - THAT is an inCREDible pressing. This, it's good. That's about it - and since the original can be found for a pretty decent price since there were so many pressed, I'd go pick up that.
on April 22, 2017
This is a surprisingly good quality LP. Well pressed, seemingly well mastered. Also, I forgot that I know every song on the album.
on August 5, 2017
GOAT.
on June 23, 2015
Pearl jam is the best. There is not a song in anyway I don't know word for word. Now Ed is not the clearest of singers but he is my favorite by far. They are so fan friendly. I will own as many of the album's as I can get. So yes it is a must buy.
on January 1, 2015
I really wish they would stop remastering classic albums that don't need remastering.. The Album is one of my favorites from the 90s, this remastered vinyl version is ok, things randomly get lost in the mix especially the vocals. Still a strong album
on March 15, 2017
great pick from the PJ collection works great and is good