Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: VTech InnoTab 1 Kids Tablet, Blue
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Blue|Size: Innotab 1|Change

on October 18, 2012
Color: Pink|Size: Innotab 2|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Vtech company makes quite a few kids electronic devices. We had a Vtech reader and my daughter enjoyed it but the touch screen was frustrating. This Innotab2 features a nice bigger screen with improved touch but can still be finicky we have found a light touch works best. There is a cartridge slot which does NOT support older Vtech cartridges of any system. The battery panel locks in place with a switch rather than a screw which is nice. Their is decent on board memory and some nice built in art activities and more. The rotating camera looks really good and lets kids actually take decent shots and video on their own. My problem is with the watch battery that powers the OS it kept making us set the date and time upon start up. I replaced it and this thing still won't hold the date and time. The battery gets wasted when you start up as it goes full vol and brightness everytime even if you have turned them down last time fortunately battery life is good on this for the screen size. The worst part however was taking this online to get the free apps. I reinstalled the software twice and contacted customer support but I just couldn't get the VTECH homepage to recognize this unit and allow it to work. It was frustrating and my daughter was disappointed we couldn't get her downloads. This company feels like it is out to sell more than educate as the peripherals and extras are overpriced. You can't even use an AC adapter other than the one they make because of the design of the input.
on August 11, 2015
My just 3 year old granddaughter loves this. She can use it for the most part on her own, of course she's still learning how to use it, but it's been a great experience so far. It has games and software already loaded on it and then you can buy additional cartridges/learning game to insert and play. It has a camera and it is wi-fi enabled.
on December 20, 2011
I purchased TWO InnoTabs for my grandchildren for Christmas. When I went to set them up neither would work as stated. One was defective - the screen went blank after connecting it to the PC and would not come back on. After troubling shooting all possible options and talking to VTech Tech Support it was determined that the product is defective. Of course I am returning it to Amazon for a full refund. Not going to get a replacement. See following.

When I went to set up the 2nd one I spent over an hour trying to get it to connect to my PC - did ALL trouble shooting from the instructions and VTech website - installed and uninstalled the software several times and then spent an hour on the phone with Vtech Tech support. They did not solve the problem and said I needed to send an Email to VTech support. I thought I was talking to them. It should not be this much trouble to set up a child's devise. Going to return this one too. I will add that the reason I know it is not my PC problem is that the first one connected to the PC before the screen went blank and did not come back on.

Very poor product.Vtech - InnoTab Interactive Learning Tablet - Pink
on March 25, 2014
Ok..... purchased this for a 21 month old (yeah I know ages 3-5) but this little girl works this tablet like a pro. After receiving as a Xmas gift she loves her "tabee". This tablet is very well made. Oh my has she dropped it like she is a tester testing out the durability of the product for the company. She can navigate to things that I didn't know was on the tablet. Very age appropriate because there is now way of inappropriate content (no internet explorer)...so very easy setup instructions although any purchased content has to be done through the learning lodge app itself, not the actual tablet. She/we only primary used it for watching videos (bubble guppies) but later she learned her many other uses for it. I later realized I could lock certain content because she was deleting the videos so that no longer was a problem. However downloading via wifi was super slow and then I discovered that I could easily purchase content and transfer via learning app on computer with the USB cable provided so absolute breeze.......would highly recommend this tablet for any toddler any age.
on September 28, 2015
I have a very busy almost two year old that is always grabbing her siblings tablets, phones or anything else she can get a hold of. The problem is that they aren't toddler friendly. When I came across this one I read the reviews and said that for most part they were all pretty positive. We decided to purchase it and figured that if it was too complicated for her, then we would just hang on to it until she got a little older.

The tablet itself is the perfect size for little hands. I love that you have the option of purchasing software cartridges or downloading material directly to the tablet. The prices of the additional content are pretty fair. Just for registering the tablet online, I was given two free downloads and then offered a third one for just $.01!!! All the additional content is clearly marked and tell you what ages they are appropriate for. Love that they had content that's especially for 1-3 years olds. It has a camera that can be rotated from forward facing so she can take selfies (which she LOVES to so) or rotate it so it works like a regular camera. It takes video, plays music and the volume goes up pretty loud. I also love that it has a micro SD slot so that I can add additional memory if needed.

We've had his tablet for 2 days and it keeps her as settled and entertained for a few minutes at time when needed as expected from an almost two year old!!!
review image review image
on December 8, 2014
Giving my HONEST review purchasing the innotab max for my son for christmas and paying for it myself. There are so many bought reviews on here its ridiculous. Anyways I will make this short and sweet. It is a great improvement from the innotab 2 for my 4 year old. It's so much faster then the older models and the touch screen is more responsive. Yes you have to buy the apps or cartridges but my son is rewarded with good behavior with being able to purchase an app for a couple bucks. Heck I spend that on a Starbucks coffee so that's no biggie here. I love being able to purchase the apps or games straight from the the tablet without having to plug it in to the computer. I absolutely LOVE that I do not need to put batteries in this thing since it charges! It has expandable space like the other models. It's sleek and hopefully durable only time can tell on that! My son still has his innotab 2s after many drops and such it is still running like a champ I just despise having to put batteries in that thing. NOTE: not all cartridges are compatible with this so make sure you check innotabsoftware.com to see which are. Other then that no complaints! I enjoyed playing with this setting it up for my son for christmas morning. Definitely would repurchase again. We love vtech :)
on June 2, 2015
My son does like it, and it works great. But the whole 'comes with software' thing is very deceptive. The cartridge is nothing but advertisements for games or short demos. I was very disappointed. The few little games it came with were very simple and limited. Had I known, I would have bought cartridges too since it was a birthday gift.
on May 17, 2016
Received an old version, and it didn't work. It was charged for hours, then when we turned it on, it took minutes to power up, then the screen would turn black (backlight still on) and we'd have to turn it off.
on July 19, 2012
NOTE: INNOTAB 2 Is coming out.
It has a camera and has movie player. The old one does not(the one I have).
There isnt much difference between the two except the camera and the movie player.

I love this toy. I was not sure if I wanted the LeapFrog or the InnoTab. I went with InnoTab for playing movies.
However I learned that it is possible to play movies. But you have to have a large enough SD card and you have to put the movies into a different format for it to work. Read other views on how to do this.

I got this product for my 3 year old for a 5 hour plane ride and a 24 hour day in planes or airports. This worked amazing and it kept her occupied the whole entire flight. I have one of those that cant sit still for 20 minutes and it was a life saver on the plane trip. Just bring lots of batteries. Also buy the vtech power cord, thats not included. It will save batteries. I use rechargeable batteries for on the go, plus extra batteries just in case. Might want to bring extra sytlus pens for trips as well.

Stylus Pens: You can buy replacements from vtech, or you can get them cheaper if you buy the gameboy stylus pens. The only problem is they are smaller and wont fit in the back of the unit. You can a 5-10 pack of them pretty cheap off the web.

Pros:
-Awesome art studio program on the pad. You can do amazing things from markers,pencils,paintbrushes, to stamps of butterflies, grass, stars, and even add animations of different things.
-A really nice coloring book thats called color n pop. You just scroll through tons of colors and then touch the screen picture.
-E reader book is really cool and has a dictionary with story. Its a vocab builder and the books are animated and you can touch different things in the story for intereaction. My child loves the free book that comes with the software.
-You can upload pictures,music,games,movies.
-The games are pretty cheap its from 1.99 to 4.99. E books are more.
-You can also buy the extra software from the store. I havent done this yet. Most of mine were downloads.
-You can manage your childs device on the vtech download account. It stores all purchases,games,ebooks etc. It also stores your uploads of pictures and music. I found my music for free on the internet.
-If you are limited on space you can always connect your pad to the computer and take off some things and add others on there.

CONS
-It does not come with a sd card. You may have to format your sd card before it will work on the innotab.
-It does not have a camera, the new one does.
-It takes works to upload movies. Needs to be in a special format to play.
-It does not include a power source cord adapter.
-Your child can delete programs off the innotab, so for younger children this can be a pain. You have to reconnect the innotab to the computer and redownload them onto the unit.
please be aware, your software is all kept online if you download them of the internet vtech page. So you dont actually lose them, just off the unit itself. Then you have to reload them.
I hope the new ones come with a parental code for younger children who dont understand.

Overall I love this toy, its great for the price and it has so many features for on the go toy. Great for doctor appointments, plane rides, car trips and much more.
I cant wait to see what the innotab 2 is like.
on October 21, 2015
For my Granddaughter's first birthday I bought her an Innotab Baby. Not only has she loved it every day but it survived a world of 1yr old terror. The screen is scratched up enough that it was time for an upgrade but I can't be sad about ANY electronic that can survive a year with a 1 yr old.
I bought Innotab 3 Plus Kid as an upgrade as she is 2 now and I was hoping for more capabilities (like kids videos) as well as upgraded applications. I was disappointed that it did not come with the amazingly durable and removable case that the Baby Tab did but we found that it fits perfectly in the old Baby Tab protective case so that was great for us. Perhaps not so much for someone who doesn't already have an Innotab case around.

We have already purchased baby software (read-a-long stories) for the baby tab. I am hoping they will work on the Kid version.

Pros:
It fit in the old case
Works great and she loves it
Cons:
Came with less software than the Baby version (almost none)
Doesn't have the giant extra case that the baby tab comes with